Author Topic: Saturday the 15th Re-doing Chas' and Mike's suspension party  (Read 4556 times)

Chas

• Modded
Saturday the 15th Re-doing Chas' and Mike's suspension party
« on: March 09, 2003, 04:01:12 AM »
So there are a couple of folks in the group that need to do a few things to their cars. Me, I need help with the front struts. And while we are under there, maybe I can find that exhaust leak. Mike needs a set of springs that don't let him scrape everything off of the street using the bottom of his car. If Amanda comes we can install a real LTB instead of that cheesy Audi type brace. And then who else???

I nominate my house for the install location. Anyone second that? Or have another idea? I have all the tools needed, including air compressor, impact gun, air ratchet and other fun things. I will need a set of spring compressors, but Jon has those and he said he would offer them up. Besides, we all want to see this new car of his.

Then there's the actual day. Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th? I say Saturday. Anyone else have any better ideas or is this OK?
_______
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 04:39:21 AM »
I can be there either day...so once we figure it out with everyone, let me know and I will help with what I can.

And I will bring the spring compressors.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 04:39:21 AM »

reem01

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 01:19:02 PM »
I will be there with bells on.  What time is this all starting?  Jon and I will go down together, and see who has the faster car, even though we know the answer. :)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 02:47:18 AM »
I'll be there as well. Didn't read this before I sent out to the list tonight.. I would LOVE to get the real Chasbar. I will have my 18s on this weekend too, so some fun driving might be in store. I am happy to help do the suspensions too... I would like to know how to do this as well... I am thinking we will be doing this to my car in July..getting a raise, Bilstein Sports are probably going to be how I celebrate that. Hehehe.
I also want to put in my mirrors, and Pat and I are going to take apart my stereo to see how we can do a cell phone mount for my car.
Should be a good time. I hope the weather next weekend is like today. Daaamn!
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 03:47:21 AM »
Sweet, but since I'm still recovering from the shoulder fixin...I get to try my hand at superbvising, like I'm all important or sumpin...

Feeling pretty good though.  And I'll be bringing the new addition to our familia as well...The Saab (since it's an automatic)...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 07:24:49 PM »
So I think we are talking about starting this at my house at 10am. Pat said he'd bring a bunch of Brats, Potato salad and other fixings. I have a big deck on the rear of my house with a grill and everything else needed to make up lunch. I'll get some drinking matterials, if you know what I mean, and I think you do... :D

So, is this a plan that we can all agree on?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 08:11:53 PM »
Sounds simply marvelous.
MWJD?

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 09:17:31 PM »
I will try to come...Ray's working, so I'll have alll of the kids.  I may have Daphne babysit or something, we'll see.  I'll let you guys know for sure before the big day :)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 10:53:51 PM »
I will be there, I'll bring my jack stands as well.  I have some other work to do on Mike's car while everyone is working on the suspensions...but I am sure I will be able to lend a hand as I finish up.

So, I won't be there with bells on, but I will have a S#!T eating grin, I think you all know why. :lol:

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2003, 12:28:12 PM »
Yeah Jon, we know why you're grinning...we just haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet ;)  

~Wen

(and I'm not talking about the car lol)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2003, 09:00:14 PM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"

(and I'm not talking about the car lol)

Neither was I    :wink:

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 01:22:07 AM »
lol Jon  :lol:

HEY Chas, Ray doesn't have to work now on Saturday so it will just be me~

~Wen

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2003, 11:39:14 PM »
Today was a blast, and who could have asked for better weather.  I really had a great time hanging out with everyone!  

Pat's brats were great!  Jon's car was awesome and Mike go the Bi-Xenons and InPro chrome mirror covers.  A whole lot of other stuff happened to.  We were a little worried about getting Chas a part for his suspension replacement, but it ended up getting completed successfully.  

Alan's wheels (ala Jon) look awesome!  That totally changes the whole character of the car.  Not to mention Jay put his wheels on and they totally kick some ASS!  Thumbs up guys!

Amanda got her 18's back on and is happy to be back in PIMP mode!  Haha...

I wish I could do this every day...

I hope to see some pictures posted soon, and I'll chat with everyone soon!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2003, 12:21:08 AM »
I also got my CHASBAR! Finally.. so far, I can totally feel a difference, but haven't gotten to do any major curves yet. It felt great taking some turns and playing speed tag with Rian all the way back up to Longmont. I was even in front a few times. Muhahaha. I will test out the bar more tonight when I go back down south for the Audi drive.

I will need you guys to check out my headlights at night (get your minds out of the gutter). Not sure if the blue LEDs look too rice or not. They are cool, but really bright- I can see them in the reflections of people's cars. I could go white if necessary.

This is the most productive and well-attended garage day I think we've ever had. Score!

P.S. Prepare yourselves for another suspension garage day soon... Bilsteins are on the horizon for me. I'm thinking sooner rather than later. Like maybe April.  :twisted:
MWJD?

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2003, 03:48:25 AM »
It was a great day!!!  :D

It was kind of bitter sweet for me. Nice to have the new Bilstiens finally in, but the upper strut bushings thing is very not cool! :cry: I will do this suspension thing again here real soon. But with Alan's great help, I think I can now do this by myself. I'm such a wimp!!!  :oops:

Amanda, that's great that you like your bar!! I am happy that someone does. Appearently there is a guy I recently sold one to that can't seem to figure his out! He is having issues with it and is now ready to throw in the towel and has asked for a refund. All this only after spending two hours in his installation attempt.  :? I'll see what needs to be done I guess. But sometimes I wonder if this manufacturing thing and sales thing are really worth it. You guys have been great, as usual, but others around the country haven't. Most are great people, but it only takes a few to ruin it. And I have already been screwed by some folks. No one here locally of course, but I'm just not sure sometimes...

Anyhow, what a fun day!!!!!

We need to get Wendy a new N75 installed.  So as soon as you have the valve Wendy, I can help you with it if you want. We'll need to clear those codes in your ECU as well. But I would think and hope that is all it is to get your baby back up to speed!!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 03:49:13 AM »
It was definitely productive.  

Chas, I do think another garage day is in order in the near future.  We do need to replace those bushings.  From the appearance, they look like they will hold a little while, but I'm sure you'll agree that sooner would be better than later.

Maybe Mike will have some replacement springs and Amanda will have her Bilsteins too.  Wendy was even talking about going with something new in the not too distance future.

Chas, also it does stink to hear that other people are dissatisfied with the ChasBar.  I think they must either be low on the mechanical inclination or there is maybe a problem with the fitment due to the VW (Varies Widely) issues that we all saw.  I hope it all works aout and don't forget the vast majority of us that love it!  Illegitimi non Carborundum (Dont let the bastards get you down).