Author Topic: Charity Drive GTG Tuesday the 18th...  (Read 4307 times)

Chas

• Modded
Charity Drive GTG Tuesday the 18th...
« on: May 15, 2004, 03:32:20 AM »
I am hosting a GTG for Julian and crew driving from the East coast to California to raise money for two charities. Julian will be in town on Tuesday the 18th at around 4pm ish and will be stopping by my place for dinner and a C-Bar install. All local members are invited to the dinner. I will be cooking up some of my ribs and other goodies. If you plan on coming please post here so I can get a head count.

Randy is going to be joining Julian on the rest of the trip to Cali. I think we need to send these guys off with a nice party to honor them and the effort they have made on behalf of CB5.com and RMCB5.com.

If you plan on coming, please bring a side dish. Potato salad, chips, jello, something else to eat or drink. You all know how we do this.

It won't be a late night as Julian plans on leaving early in the morning for LA.

Let me know!  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 03:52:22 AM »
Chas count me in, I'll try and drag Renee out too.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 03:52:22 AM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 05:45:57 PM »
I will be there about 6 on Tuesday.  Count on me for some chips and salsa.

Thanks, Chas!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 01:05:39 AM »
I know this is last minute guys, but I really need toknow who might be coming to my house on Tuesday night. How many slabs of ribs should I get? Please respond. Thanks!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 01:57:26 AM »
Chas, I'll be there and bring some brats and stuff...We have tons of food left over from Lisa's graduations party.
mad wagon

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 03:15:16 AM »
Sorry Chas. I cannot make it.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 12:11:04 PM »
Chas, Renee and I are in for sure.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 05:53:30 PM »
I can stop by for a bit.  I can bring some caribou brats that I picked up from a Costco road show a while back.  Good stuff.  Though I may not get there until 8:00-8:15.  Hope that is not too late.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 08:01:35 PM »
Chas I really want to come meet Julian and his car, but at this point, I am up in the air.  I should know by tomorrow though so I'll let you know.  Also send this to the list.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 08:41:59 PM »
I would love to come out, but Tuesday night is one of my later nights at work, so I can't make it out there to south Denver ish  :(  Have fun!  Wish I could make it.  :)

Jonathan

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 11:34:57 AM »
I am going to try and come over after work for a couple hours.  I won't be able to stay for dinner, but I'd like to meet Julian and say hey to everyone.

Jen and I met up with Pat, Wendy and Jon last night and Pat and I picked up some FREE tires (mine came with bent wheels too) from a guy named Rob on AudiWorld...A real good guy.  So, I'll meet up at Chas's house shortly after 4pm today.  Hope to see some of you guys there.

Winston

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 02:25:28 PM »
Chas, wish I could, but I have family stuff tonight...say howdy to everyone for me

cheers
jon

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 02:53:37 PM »
Sounds great guys!!! Be here if you can. I understand about other engagements, you'll be missed. It sounds like Julian will be getting into the Denver area between 4 to 5pm.  It sounds like we have the food thing covered if some folks bring the brats. Please bring buns for those bad boys. I have some potato salad and cole slaw. I also have a few beers. You know, for the brats...  :cool: I also have a bunch of chips and diet soda and juices. if anyone wants more to drink, please bring it. I never got a chance to go over to Sam's and get the ribs yesterday as I was helping Boris with his timing belt all day and into the night. So we're going with plan B and that's burgers, brats and fun! I have all the burgers we'll need. If someone could pick up another package of burger buns that would help. I have about 11 buns right now, but we may need more. No more than 8 I would guess. Thanks!!!  

We had a broken bolt on Boris' engine that gave us much grief. But it's done and his car is a happy once again. It's good thing that belt got changed when it did. Of all those timing belts we did a few months ago, I never saw one as loose and as worn out as that one last night was. He had the old style tensioner that was making a nasty squeeking sound as well. That would be as close to a broken belt as I'd like to see again.  :-(

Anyhow, show up when you can, the earlier the better as this probably won't be a late night as Randy, Julian and friend will want to get an early start for LA tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys!!! It should be fun!!  8)  :)

Also, Julian said he'll let us all have a chance with his Super Charged V6 bas ass Passat!!!!!  8)  8)  :-D
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 03:00:18 PM »
PM me if anyone needs the address to my house so you can MapQuest it. I can give you my cell number as well if needed.

See ya all later!  8)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »
Hey, Rusty is getting a little nervous 'cause he hasn't heard from Boris and we're supposed to be sharing hotel expenses.

Boris, are you out there?  You still going?  If not, that's OK, I'd just like to know 'cause I'll stay with my son if you're not.

*edit* a big "WHEW!" on that timing belt, Boris!

P.S. I'm leaving ABQ Thursday morning.  I'll meet up with everyone at the LA GTG in Pasadena at 7 PM.
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
Re: Charity Drive GTG Tuesday the 18th...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 06:16:50 PM »
Quote from: "Chas"
...dinner and a C-Bar install...

Like "dinner and movie", only better!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 06:17:08 PM »
Hey I forgot my Digicam, so someone bring theirs to take some pics of Julian's ride!

Chas, I won't be staying for dinner. I need to leave about 5:30...

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 06:30:10 PM »
Update:

I cannot make it, I am too sick still, I thought as the day progressed I might start feeling better, but I am feeling worse than I did an hour ago.

I don't want to contaminate anyone, especially the little ones, so it would be best for me to stay home.

Tell Julian and everyone else hi for me and let them know I am sorry I can't be there, oy would I hate for them to have this on that trip.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 06:31:09 PM »
My arrival is going to be delayed a touch.  I sill be there between 6:30 and 7:00.

I have to go get stickered-up by my new sponsor.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2004, 06:54:57 PM »
I want to experience the supercharged V6!!! Oh yeah, and meet Julian...dang it!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2004, 05:37:01 PM »
Well it was a good time. And lots of folks showed up, eventually! Julian and his co-pilot looked totally whipped. Julian's car is amazing! The sound that car makes is unlike anyother VW I've heard. Freaking cool!!!

Anyhow, we installed his C-Bar and he took it for a ride. The install went flawlessly, but his car is a bit involved to simply lift it up onto the jack stands. He's got those cool side skirts that get in the way of using the C-Jack. Darn! Anyhow, his car is even cooler now. I don't know how that's possible, but he said so. Ha!

It was a fun time last night. Thanks to everyone that made it!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2004, 06:23:47 PM »
Sweet!  I wish I could have hung around long enough to take a ride!  Did you get any pics?

Who showed up?

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 03:02:06 PM »
Let's see if I can remember now: Of course there was Julian and Jimmy, but then there was Boris, Dave, Mark, Randy and myself! Duh! :)

Did I forget anyone? I had to take care of my kids so I wasn't around the table too much later in the evening.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!