Author Topic: 10th Annual Volkswagens on the Green (VWOTG) -- May 16  (Read 22822 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
10th Annual Volkswagens on the Green (VWOTG) -- May 16
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2004, 12:23:07 PM »
I had a great day.  Thanks to DCI for the Margaritas and Jay for the Coors.  Everyone was there to have fun and see some sweet machines...

I dug it.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2004, 12:47:47 PM »
I dug it and the sun dug me...my face hurts :(
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2004, 12:47:47 PM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Ha ha, for those that haven't seen it:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/19478.phtml

LOL too funny, got a good chuckle from that post :)

Jonathan

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2004, 01:30:34 PM »
A certain person was saying "Someone shoot that Audi"...is there something legal there we could get that person on there? Haha!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2004, 02:17:24 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
A certain person was saying "Someone shoot that Audi"...is there something legal there we could get that person on there? Haha!

Reminds me of you will hear in 4th grade.
There were some Porsches, a Fiat and a replica Bugatti there, so why not Audis?
They are basically the same cars as VWs.

Next year, I'll put in some decoy bling -- I have about a dozen different game systems at home I could rig up, and I could even get a hold of props they use on model homes (fake plasma screens, etc).
I'm going to PIMP MY PASSAT!!! :lol:  8O
Hey, we should do a RMCB5 project car for next year (some VW beater from the junk yard) and pimp it using stuff found at the Home Depot.

I don't mind some of the rice cars there, it lends to the diversity of the group and keeps me amused.   There were lots of awesome restored vintage Bugs, Ghias and Buses, which I don't see too often on the streets.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"

Hey, we should do a RMCB5 project car for next year (some VW beater from the junk yard) and pimp it using stuff found at the Home Depot.

I was thinking the same thing. But I don't know that my wife would like me putting money and time into a car I own. Now, if we sell sponserships,iIt would 1) help offset the cost of the car, 2) give us a legit reason to put stickers on it, 3) make our club look bad a**
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2004, 03:18:30 PM »
I was thinking if that dude from Canada ever raffled off his 2.7T B5 wagon and I actually won it, then I'd make it a club car.

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78693

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2004, 03:21:26 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
A certain person was saying "Someone shoot that Audi"...is there something legal there we could get that person on there?

That's SLANDER!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
MWJD?

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2004, 11:09:21 PM »
Sorry, can't resist this one. My fav was the gentelman who commented something to the effect of:
"screw that Audi man... that's just an overpriced VW!"

I don't think he realized he was standing next to the owner ;) Kudos to Winston for the "ya", the smile, and the lack of further comment. I didn't have the heart to mention that it was an overpriced VW with a 2.7 twin turbo..

Most of the time, I totally agree with him! (why I bought my passat in the first place) but Nogaro blue never carries less then 6 cylanders and 2 turbos....

Pretty good show, I think the BBQ made me a little ill  :( but some SWEET Corrado's, B5's, GTI's (some of those guys have WAY too much time in those rides... look great!) not to mention the air cooled guys! I don't know what all the banter was for since it seemed like you could drive in and park wherever the hell you wanted to (can you say lack of parking control?) and there were many different makes on the green! seemed like everyone had a good time too!

Rian
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2004, 12:57:45 PM »
Alan, that's an awesome idea.  Maybe we could rig up some sort of Monster Garage Passat, with a video screen coming out of the sunroof and the screen coming out of the trunk or something like that.  We definitely must pimp it though.

that would be histerical.

Rian, the guy was just talking BS, so I just did the British nodding and smiling routine... ;)

a420joker

• n00balicious
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2004, 05:05:25 PM »
Hey guys just wantn' to say it was nice meeting you and getting to check out some nice rides 8O .   Havent had a chance to get online till today and see the picts. but I like what I seen, I cannot believe Chris won he didnt even turn it on but as it was said looks mattered more than mods myself I went with mods on my voting.  Hopefully i'll get another chance to meet and greet more of the club at some summer GTG Id love to go friday night but my little boy gradutates that night from Pre-school and that take presidence over EVERYTHING.  Again it was nice to finally get to some of you guys We had a great time :D
ith age comes wisdom. Weather or not you decide to use it is up to you.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2004, 05:22:57 PM »
Hey Rich, it was good to meet you and your family as well.  Hope you'll be able to make it down one of these times!

Winston

a420joker

• n00balicious
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2004, 05:29:42 PM »
I like to idea of building a club car let me know whats needed maybe i can help with parts, pieces n' things
ith age comes wisdom. Weather or not you decide to use it is up to you.