Discussion Forums > Maintenance

MAF replaced

(1/2) > >>

HawkmanA4:
After the help form Jason with the VAG I took the car into Stammler Audi in boulder and they replaced my MAF under warranty! The car is so much smother and more poweful now and I am getting normal gas millage again!
I suggest to anyone who has the 1.8T with less than 70,000 miles go to the dealer and have them hook up the vag and see if there are any "Fuel too lean" codes. I had them and my engine light did not come on! It is worth getting it checked and should be free to have them plug in the VAG.

92UrS4:
I agree totally, the MAF on my Passat made it so the turbo wouldn't spool, but I got no CELs and no hidden codes.  I cleaned the MAF and it was all better.

It's amazing how much trouble that pricey little bugger causes.

madigan:
I need to figure out how to clean my MAF...

Jay, will you be at Chas's tonight? May be you can give me some insight as how to go about it...

Thanks!

Mark

ColoradoB5:
Mark, it is pretty straight forward, but be advised, it does not work for everyone.  For whatever reason, some people have better luck that others.

I cleaned mine with electronics cleaner, let it dry and it worked initially, but then went back to being a lump of crappy plastic.

92UrS4:

--- Quote from: "madigan" ---I need to figure out how to clean my MAF...

Jay, will you be at Chas's tonight? May be you can give me some insight as how to go about it...

Thanks!

Mark
--- End quote ---

Mark, I am bailing on the dinner tonight, I'm still sick and feel worse now.  Like Winston said, it;s straightforward, but it is a paing to get out because of the airbox.  I too used electronics cleaner and it seems to work, but in reality it is just a bandage as it will just go bad again within 6 months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version