Author Topic: Job: Finally got a real one!!  (Read 5646 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Job: Finally got a real one!!
« on: May 25, 2004, 10:13:08 AM »
So I find out yesterday that if I want to get paid for Monday, I have to work! They won't make me full time (even though review deadline has come and gone without a review) or give me a raise and the GM I'm supposed to give a report to with all my desired requirements as morning show producer, isn't coming now at all!  :angry:  :mad:  :stern:  :angry:

-my intern makes more than I do at a temp summer job :eh: -

I'm done. As soon as I get another job...I'm gone! This place F-ing pisses me off @#^#%@!!!  :angry:  :stern:  :angry:  :mad:  :angry:

If anyone's got work that pays more than $9 and hour. Let me know. I do audio, marketing, creative services, cook, wait tables, kick peoples a** (current  :twisted: ), do landscaping and anything else that pays more and treats their employees just a little bit better...I've been here since October and nothing! They've said lots of nice stuff, but DONE NOTHING!! :evil:  :angry:  :mad:

...whatever, I'm gonna get another job and forget about it :stern:

Thanks
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 10:58:22 AM »
JR...sorry you are having so much trouble....that is a shame.  If I hear of any openings anywhere, I will let  you know...but I mainly know health care related stuff...

good luck

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 10:58:22 AM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 11:46:06 AM »
May not help you.. but if you are in the Denver area and if you like doing customer service stuff... You may want to check out First Data.  I work here and i get over $10 an hour sitting on my duff (could by why I've gained so much weight  8O ) and doing some other stuff.

EDIT - I just pulled up the available job listings in CO and there are currently 45 open positions.  Positions open in Englewood, Greenwood Village, Denver, and Centerville.  Looks like pay ranges are from 19,000-143,000 for the listings.

HTH,

Steve

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 12:26:13 PM »
I'll take the 143,000...I'm gonna check it out. Thanks Steve!
As it happens I sit on my duff all day too. I currently make under $10 an hour. *growl*
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:07:56 PM »
Sorry about your job situation JR. I might know of someone that needs a beatdown. :)

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 02:17:39 PM »
NP man.. hope that it works out for you and that you can find something else in a reasonable time.  Not sure if this web address will work, but you can try it.  May be an intranet only web addy, but it should work.

http://www.firstweb.1dc.com/firstweb.nsf

If that doesnt work, check out www.firstdata.com.

Steve

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 03:10:41 PM »
I just applied there...like Fifty million pages! Whatever happened to an email attachment? It took like an hour to fill it all out. Anywa...they pay well, maybe something will work out. I used you Steve as my referral. You get money if I get hired? That'd be cool.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 03:13:13 PM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Sorry about your job situation JR. I might know of someone that needs a beatdown. :)

Stabbings 50K
Shootings 30K
Natural Causes: 1M

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I don't think I could ever do that
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: F-u-c-dashing Job!!! (PG-13)
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 11:08:39 PM »
whats your educational background?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 09:32:05 AM »
BA- Communications
7+ years- Radio
3+ years- imaging, production and creative meanderings, show marketing type stuff
7+ years- Food Service
1+ years- Freelance Audio Consultant
Mixed a few records, taught a couple communication classes, have my GED. Went to three colleges, lived in Mexico for a while teaching English, taught mountain biking for a summer...
a few other things here and there as well.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 12:13:49 AM »
So a couple positions that I applied for close on Saturday and Sunday respectively.
Keep your fingers crossed, or pray (if you're religious) and hope I get some call backs next week.
I've got to get out of my current situation. I need more mod money...HAHA!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 07:34:18 PM »
Damn JR, that really stinks.  There are so many people that want to work in radio, that they can afford to do that.

I know you are worth more than that measley salary, so you can't let them use you any more!  Kick them to the curb!

Pray to J  you get the samo samo.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2004, 08:48:35 PM »
Dish Network is hiring, all I do is test software for bugs and get to watch everything that dish has to offer for programming. Pays from $10 to 13 an hour, depending on experience. People here treat you prety fair, no 9 to 5 junk(show up before 8:30 and no scheduled breaks), just 4 tens then unlimited overtime. Only kicker is it's friday through monday, if you can deal with weekends for about 6 months then change over to weekdays. If you're interested PM me with your resume and I''l pass it on
Look officer, I really do own it......

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 11:43:12 AM »
Steve check yo box...

On Friday I get the message that corporate said I will NOT be going full time and neither will my afternoon show counterpart....
That makes the decision easy for me...um, stay or go...GO!

I really don't understand how they think they can compete in the morning show category on sports radio in Denver with part time producers, but evidently, corporate has proven that they don't think at all.

'Nuff said, I'm out as soon as somebody else let's me in.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »
Dam dude, that sux.  Keep us posted on how things with the applications go.  Being moved to part time against your will.... makes the move even easier then huh?

Well, GL to you man, sucks that the radio biz is all going down the drain here lately.

Steve

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 12:17:33 PM »
Thanks Steve...I don't have the time to post all the problems that the radio biz has...I've been in radio for almost 8 years now and the best markets are the smallest markets.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 01:44:22 PM »
I hear ya... Here in CHS, ClearCHannel has taken over alot of the local radio stations.  Some other national stations have also bought out the more smaller, single owned stations and the broadcasting has gone to CRAP.  Maybe its time to just get XM or Cirrus because the once great local stuff is now not worth listening to.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 02:08:43 PM »
Clear Channel owns pretty much everything in Denver.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 02:21:44 PM »
Jay's right Clear Channel and Jefferson Pilot own approximately 45% and 35% respectively here.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 02:22:16 PM »
Proxy server won't let me PM to you from work, but I can receive PM's. Can you to PM me your contact info before I can pass it on.
Look officer, I really do own it......

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2004, 10:18:37 AM »
So, I probably should'a been that rock star I was thinking about in college...had the connections and the ability (sort of), probably would've made the same but had more fun doing it :lol:  :twisted:
I probaly would've had to remain single though and I'd rather have my wife, so that wouldn't have worked.
Hopefully, I'll get a call today. *fingers crossed, knocking on wood on my knees in prayer* :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 10:49:44 AM »
It will change for ya, for the good Im sure.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2004, 11:00:17 PM »
The Latest:

Had the meeting went well, but my boss has to meet with his dad at coporate.
Long story short. I'll be finding out Monday afternoon, or as late as Tuesday. I'll either be FT or they're going to cut me back to 29 hours.

I've had no call backs, just applied at Wally-world and Home Depot. I'm desperate. Please Help.

Later
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2004, 05:00:46 PM »
I am relatively sure a few Colorado Springs stations are looking for folks like you...

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2004, 11:35:38 PM »
Just talked to the guy down at Starbucks, not glamoruous per se, but at 20 hours a week I get benefits, stock options, 401k...etc, etc.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Just talked to the guy down at Starbucks, not glamoruous per se, but at 20 hours a week I get benefits, stock options, 401k...etc, etc.

Cool JR! You'll never have to worry about being sleepy on the job...  :P

But seriously, I've heard they do offer great benefits. My neighbor works at the new Starbucks that opened in Stapleton and she's real happy... glad you found something to tide you over for a bit.
mad wagon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2004, 02:07:04 AM »
I'll hear from him in the next day or two. He already said he hire one of us for his store like 4 blocks from my house. Tish is bored out of her mind, so I think she's going to work there.
He also said that his girlfriend is taking over one downtown and is going to need help and since I work downtown already....
My sister works for them and said if I want to, I could probably make Mgr. in about 3-5 months. I'm interested in what they have to offer. Then, if I own a couple in the next several years...well...I think I'm getting ahead of myself. It's something that'll benefit me well right now though....
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2004, 01:26:35 PM »
I have an old friend, well so old I haven't talked to him in a few years, but he started out as just a regular employee, then manager, then like district manager and   then like a regional or something along those lines.  Now he works at the headquarters, just moved a few months ago.

He has worked for Starbucks for about 10 years.

Good luck and I hope it works out, they do take good care of their employees.  I wouldn't bank so much on owning a franchise, but working your way up int he company should be easy to do.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2004, 02:23:20 PM »
I could dig hangin' in Seattle...it's way close to my family in Portland...plus, you know, the dub scene's pretty cool there too...me and SaltyD shootin' the breeze...HAHA!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2004, 05:38:38 PM »
Echostar, Starbucks, Home Depot all lined up with interviews...First Data said I suck...HAHA!
I'm feeling a little better about life.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner