Author Topic: DATR Workers?  (Read 9059 times)

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
DATR Workers?
« on: May 27, 2004, 01:16:10 PM »
DATR is rolling up mighty quick, and besides a friendly reminder I wanted to see if any of you could lend a hand in covering some worker tasks at the show. Pat Wells is in charge of the staff issues, and all we are asking for is one hour of your time and you will get a STAFF shirt out of the deal! Several of us are volunteering for two shifts, but I do not expect that from ANYONE!  

I am going to ask the concessions folks if our staff can get a discount, if not we may just do some BBQ type stuff to feed all of you! If you can work, please post up and also mention what size t-shirt you will need.

Thanks,
Scott

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
DATR Workers?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:18:24 PM »
I should be able to chip in an hour of my time, so count me in.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

DATR Workers?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 01:18:24 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »
I can help...in fact, I still need to register :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 01:22:44 PM »
shirts sizes boys?

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
DATR Workers?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »
What kinds of things would you want us to do?
MWJD?

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 01:39:26 PM »
we have several things...

Directing cars is a big one, but we also have registration, t-shirt sales, swap meet stuff, and a few other things... nothing is very tough....

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 01:41:07 PM »
We do not segregate cars at our show, so parking is MUCH less complicated and really we just need folks to keep traffic flow orderly and we need to ensure they are entering nd exiting in the right places! Cars get parked as they arrive.... nice and simple!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
DATR Workers?
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 01:41:40 PM »
A Large will work for me Scott thanks.

madigan

• Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 02:02:54 PM »
Considering how much space there was last year, would it be ok for the Passats to have more room between each car? Last year there was a ton of space towards the south side of the parking lot. Us Passats were cramped together up towards the northeast side of the lot. When all the GTI guys rolled in they were parked all nice and diagonal on the east side of the lot.

Thanks.

Mark
mad wagon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
DATR Workers?
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 02:12:16 PM »
I should be able to help you guys out.. I'll put it on my calendar. I'll take a L too.
MWJD?

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 03:53:36 PM »
Count me in its in my home town so i gotta represent yo.
heh heh. Ill be happy to help too. and ill take a med shirt if you have one if not large will work just fine.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 12:09:21 AM »
(L) size that is
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 12:50:48 PM »
space is not going to be an issue this year, each will get two spaces and will be centered on the line between those spaces.... make sense?

madigan

• Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 01:16:40 PM »
Quote from: "scott"
space is not going to be an issue this year, each will get two spaces and will be centered on the line between those spaces.... make sense?

Excellent!

Thank you.
mad wagon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »
Sssooooo....Mark? You gonna help, or just whine about parking? :P  :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
DATR Workers?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 01:55:09 PM »
Scott, definitely put me down.  I actually wanted to help with the planning, but my wife is due July 9th, so I knew I wouldn't be able to commit to anything.

Put me down for two shifts and I wear a large.  Let me know when I need to be there and I'll be there.

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

madigan

• Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 02:33:09 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Sssooooo....Mark? You gonna help, or just whine about parking? :P  :lol:

I'd be more than happy to volunteer my time...how many of us does he need, though? So there, Iíll help. Iíd like a medium shirt please.

About the parking...I take these shows seriously. I don't think it's fair that we get cramped together and can't even open our door because the car next to us is a foot away. If you want to park in a space, which looks like you are just going to the mall and not showing your car off, than you might as well get your spot closer to the mall entrance, so you don't have to walk as far. Sorry itís off topic but thatís just how I feel.

We arenít there to just park our cars in a space and have it look like we are going to the mall. We are there to show off our hard work and dedication and let others see our accomplishments. Having cars a foot apart from one another hardly allows for spectators to get a good look at our rides and it also increases the chance of scratches from them squeezing between.

Am I out of line?

:?
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
DATR Workers?
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 02:38:24 PM »
Mark, you are so fired!  Just kidding.  

Actually, from my experience, shows usually have plenty of space for cars.  I think last year, we just parked too close together.  I don't think it was a lack of planning, just a bad execution.

As they say in the space industry, it was a launch problem and not a design problem.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 03:28:48 PM »
Mark, I was just ragging your chain man. I take these shows seriously. I'm sorry, I just found a little off-color humor in your posts that seemed like every other one was on parking.

Dub, I agree. I think it was bad execution. Nobody really directed each parking spot, they told us where to go, but not where to park and we just lined up next to each other you know?

No hard feelings Mark? Sometimes these post things convey the wrong message.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 03:53:36 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Mark, I was just ragging your chain man. I take these shows seriously. I'm sorry, I just found a little off-color humor in your posts that seemed like every other one was on parking.

Dub, I agree. I think it was bad execution. Nobody really directed each parking spot, they told us where to go, but not where to park and we just lined up next to each other you know?

No hard feelings Mark? Sometimes these post things convey the wrong message.

No worries JR. My rant wasn't directed at you and it is tough to convey thoughts through typing. I just think the Passats get the short end of the stick sometimes. I'm just making sure it's gonna be worth my while. The more I thought about it, I want to volunteer my time and help so I can be apart of the car show, which I think will be a fun time.

I agree too. We could have parked better last time, there was bad execution our part.

:)

Mark
mad wagon

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 12:34:16 PM »
As far as total numbers go, I do not have that answer, but we do know it will take a minimum of 16 people per shift so if you base the work schedule on a 9-3 type of day that is 6 one hour shifts!!

16 x 6 = 96 people!

I think that actual total number will be smaller than that, but for planning purposes I will stick with 96. A lot of oflks down here are going to take 2 shifts too, so like I said, the total number will be smaller.

As for last year's parking, that was my fault because I was not very clear with how I wanted things to go and we really threw the show together inthe last two weeks.... this year I actually look like I know what I am doing so far!! Anybody wanna head this up next year?? ;)  j/k

Oh yeah and again HUGE props to Winston for the emails and getting things lined up last year! Without those emails  we would have only given away 10 keychains and a t-shirt!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
DATR Workers?
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2004, 01:36:37 PM »
Thanks Scott.  I wish I could have done more this year, but with the baby on the way, there wasn't any way to commit.

Plus you deserve a lot of credit for serving our armed forces over in Iraq then coming back and throwing a great show together!

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 08:34:19 PM »
Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop! Due to the costs involved we have changed the rules on volunteer staffers getting shirts. We arew now going to offer you a show shirt at cost. That cost is still to be determined, but my guess would be somewhere in the 9 dollar range. If this affects your willingness to help, just let me know!

scott

• Lightly Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 08:37:58 PM »
Here is the summary of volunteers so far:

Jay
Amanda
Greg
JR
Mark
Winston

Anyone else?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
DATR Workers?
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2004, 08:50:19 PM »
Scott no sweat on the cost, still count me in.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
DATR Workers?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 12:05:45 AM »
Im still in and I need more flyers the stack that I got at the sat GTG is gone allready 8O they go like hot cakes.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

GTIguy

• Stock
DATR Workers?
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 09:36:29 AM »
Either myself or Scott can get you more flyers...no problem
itrous is like a really hot chick with STD's, you really want to hit it , but you're worried about the aftermath.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 10:30:41 AM »
I'm still in...bah! on the cost....
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
DATR Workers?
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 11:19:57 AM »
Me too, I can spring for the $9 to be a staffer!

So what time do you want the staff to show up?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
DATR Workers?
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2004, 03:18:30 PM »
3am....HAHAHA!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner