Author Topic: Huge Multi Club VW BBQ - City Park (Denver) March 23rd  (Read 5487 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Huge Multi Club VW BBQ - City Park (Denver) March 23rd
« on: March 13, 2003, 01:45:34 PM »
Hey guys, there is a huge multi club VW BBQ being held at City Park on Sunday, March 23rd.  It sounds like a lot of fun!

Here's the link to the post on the 'Tex:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=747256

Are you in?  IM or PM me and let me know how many people you are going to bring and once we have a headcount, we can divvy up the food to bring.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 02:05:21 PM »
Ok that's strange I just posted a thread this morning here with the same topic, Win...it must not have gone through or something.  I swear I'm not drunk, either.   :roll:  :lol:

~Wen

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 02:05:21 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 02:07:38 PM »
ok not drunk...but, uh, maybe not fully awake? I posted it in General Discussion  :oops:  :lol:   Um, delete?  :wink:

~W

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 02:12:28 PM »
I just moved it over here for ya toots... :P

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 04:24:44 PM »
From Wendy's post (which I removed):

So who's going to come besides Jay, Amanda and me?

http://clubb5.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=39469

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 04:38:57 PM »
I've been conversing with Nuts4Ninjas (from DubZentrum) and the way it looks like it will play out is that each club will be responsible for food, and they will have a keg, and we can pay to drink from that...

So now I need some volunteers to get food.

I think we should do brats and burgers, and bring various non-alcoholic drinks for those who don't want to drink from the keg (as well as kids)...

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 08:22:16 PM »
I will not be available to make this event.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2003, 12:29:05 AM »
Quote from: "shummer"
I will not be available to make this event.

Well dammit, have your people call my people and maybe we can pencil each other in. ;)  

I know you're busy, well busier even with the ankle biter.  Hopefully as it gets warmer we can do a family style BBQ or something and everyone can bring there little kids.  I'll bring beer, it's like have 6 little kids, 6 little kids that you drink.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2003, 04:08:29 AM »
Lol Jay...

It would be really cool if a bunch of us could come, though!  Mike? Alan? Jon? Pat? Chas? Rian? Boris? Dave? Dave? Bueller?  C'mon guys it'll be fun  8)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2003, 04:56:39 AM »
Hey McFerris Bueller, I have to work next weekend, both Saturday and Sunday nights, so I won't be able to make it.  I am bummed, City park would be an awesome place for a GTG BBQ this time of the year.  Spring Fever Baby. :lol:

reem01

• Stock
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2003, 06:09:45 PM »
I would like to make it but we will be in Salt Lake that weekend.  So I will just be there in spirit!

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2003, 05:19:13 AM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
Lol Jay...

It would be really cool if a bunch of us could come, though!  Mike? Alan? Jon? Pat? Chas? Rian? Boris? Dave? Dave? Bueller?  C'mon guys it'll be fun  8)

Wendy.....How 'bout some Love! I may not have my B5 any more BUT I did keep it in the family!  

Gotta go since that's my 'hood.  I live 9 blocks from City Park and plan on being there representing my VW.  I'd like to be representing RMCB5 as well since Jay states "Of course we welcome any enthusiast into our community."

Rob

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2003, 06:13:18 AM »
Quote from: "MtnVariant"
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
Lol Jay...

Wendy.....How 'bout some Love! I may not have my B5 any more BUT I did keep it in the family!  

Gotta go since that's my 'hood.  I live 9 blocks from City Park and plan on being there representing my VW.  I'd like to be representing RMCB5 as well since Jay states "Of course we welcome any enthusiast into our community."

Rob

Amen to that, that is why I threw that in.  No one can expect people to stick with one car always, but ig you keep it in the family, wll you are just as good as anyone else.  Granted technically we wont be talking about things relating to your ride, we are still a club and we all still believe in oursuing our enthusiasm for these vehichles.

Come out Rob, I also look forward to meeting up with the 5280_Hydro guys I haven't seen in over a year.  It should be a good time.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2003, 01:26:25 PM »
I'll be there.. I guess I posted to CB5 but forgot to here. Lemme know what you guys want me to bring. Besides my cool self.  :twisted:

I work with this guy Chad, who has a cool Jetta, we recently discovered that we are both part of the Mod Squad. So I'm trying to get him to come hang out with us too.  :D
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2003, 01:16:29 PM »
Here are some things I think we'll need:

Hamburgers
Brats
Buns
Condiments
Chips

I think we can just pitch in for the keg, but we may want to bring some sodas too.  Also if you plan on attending but don't bring anything, you can just pitch in for the food...

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Event: Postponed Due to Weather
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2003, 02:07:16 PM »
This event has been postponed due to the weather conditions here in the front range this week.

Dub Zentrum of Denver, who is the organizer for this event has decided to postpone it until a future date, to be determined:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=747256&page=3

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2003, 04:12:24 PM »
Bummer.. I thought the snow was supposed to clear up Thursday and start to get warmer. Oh well... it'll probably still be sloppy and wet.
MWJD?