Author Topic: Installed Jack Pads  (Read 1517 times)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Installed Jack Pads
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:25:02 PM »
In my ongoing effort to have a car as sweet as Rusty  :-), I installed a set of jack pads on the undercarriage of my B5 this past weekend.  I was ordering stuff from Parts4vws.com anyway, so I added these to the bill for a mere $22.

Install was pretty straight-forward, use your jack and a socket to pop the rubber piece into the hole, then do the same for the hard plastic piece.  Spent another $5 for a can of undercarriage coating to spray where the original plastic plugs were.  And as a bonus, I used that coating to (hopefully) seal up a leak in a gutter in the garage where I park that occasionally drips rusty water on my car. :evil:  I've got plenty of the coating spray left if anyone needs some for any reason.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Chas

• Modded
Re: Installed Jack Pads
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 02:28:09 AM »
Quote from: "velo"
And as a bonus, I used that coating to (hopefully) seal up a leak in a gutter in the garage where I park that occasionally drips rusty water on my car. :evil:  I've got plenty of the coating spray left if anyone needs some for any reason.

That's funny Alan!!!

But did anyone see you do this?? It seemed to me that your apartment building was the kind of place that people have issues with eachother over the smallest things.  :roll:  :nervous:  :huh:  :P
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 02:28:09 AM »

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Installed Jack Pads
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 02:33:24 AM »
Shhhhhh!  

I mean, It wasn't in my condo building anyway.  It was... um...   It was at work, yeah... that's it!  It was at the parking garage at work!  ;)
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 01:42:51 PM »
Quote from: "velo"
... drips rusty water on my car. ...

Gee, I'm sorry my water gets all over your car... :lol:

8) for the jack pad install!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Installed Jack Pads
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 11:20:30 AM »
Wow that's two cool cheap mods I have on my list now.  Jack pads and Rusty's brake caliper stiffening kit

With that and the euro plate, I'll be in good shape.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.