Author Topic: !European Car Meet! Friday nights, 7PM-10PM  (Read 9291 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
!European Car Meet! Friday nights, 7PM-10PM
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2004, 10:33:01 AM »
Hmm...tonight. I'm going to a work party hosted by one of my wifes teacher friends, so I'll probably be effectively "happy" by about 10pm and won't be able to drive again until about 12:30amish or so...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

G-Money

• Stock
hello
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2004, 01:10:22 AM »
Hey what is up with no one showing up at sonic. I rolled by there at around 8 and there was no one there. We should try to get a group to commit to showing up next week. If you guys are up for it then let me know. And if that sonic is too far for people we could find another place to meet.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

hello
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2004, 01:10:22 AM »

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 02:26:07 AM »
That's what I've been trying to do G. Get people to commit. I have tried there the last several weeks and no one shows.

Personally I dislike that location. There is very little room to park and it's kinda funky too. There is another Sonic at Tower and Hampden that has lots of parking and is a fairly active spot. Lots to do and see if you know what I mean. Other car groups gather there and show their rides off. And it's real easy to find as opposed to the other Sonic location.

Maybe we can all try and choose a place to gather. Nothing too crazy, just a shine and show. I like the idea of all Euro gathering. There are lots of fun folks that drive Audis, BMW's and Mercedes That probably feel the same way. I have long wanted to do a gathering like this. I always feel left out when I see those other car groups gathering like that. There is a great gathering every Friday night at the Sonic on Tower and Hampden. Talk about a lot of killer American Iron that comes out of the wood work!  It's a nice time. I've gone a few times to it. Way fun!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2004, 09:14:44 PM »
Hey everyone!

I will certainly sponser an offical organization of euros, or at least VW's at a location that makes sense.  I too have stoped by that sonic several times, and it is not a great meeting place for a GTG.  Should we start a new thread to spark interest in this thing?
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2004, 09:52:29 PM »
Yeah, let's start a new thread. Here and at other sites too. Maybe Pat can start one over at AudiWorld. Him or someone else that has access over there. I have forgotten my password over there. :roll:

Anyone know any Bimmer sites that locals would visit? Same with the other Euro sites too. I say let's keep it too the European brands. We all know what the VW/Audi scene is like. I want to see other types of cars in attendance too. The more the merrier I say!  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 01:42:56 PM »
That's a good idea.  We should keep this centrally located.  Maybe the parking lot near the K-Mart on Broadway and Almeida...

Just a thought.  That way it wouldn't be too far one way or the other.  Any other ideas on good places that wouldn't get shut down within a few minutes of a hundred Euros pulling in?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

G-Money

• Stock
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2004, 03:21:34 PM »
hey everyone, i think that were ever we decide to meet we should just get some people to commit to showing up. it kind of sucks being to only one who shows. I also think that we should get a night set in stone, either on friday or saturday. On sunday there is a huge gathering of imports over off of 6th on the other side of the highway then the colorado mills mall, it is at a hamburger stand. this last sunday there were about 200 cars. but what ever we decide to do lets get it rolling. I personally like the k-mart parking idea because it is so big, just in case of a large turn out. We also need to get a set in stone time that us club b5 members show. This could be a good time to get our clubs name out. If you guys bring your stickers and shirts for the club, you may be able to get some sales. Just let me know and i will try to get some other people to roll over with me.
Greg

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2004, 03:35:12 PM »
Mmm...Greg and I are thinking the same thing...getting the clubs name out. What I can't think of though is a reason to grow, where do we go from here? That's a new thread in itself too...

In any case, we need to make sure that where ever we meet has a place for grub.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

G-Money

• Stock
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2004, 03:55:24 AM »
Yeah i dig on that, but lets get some people commited to showing up. I am down for either night like I said, I just want to know if anyone else will show up on either night, whatever we decide to do we should get some stuff rolling. I read in a post that you guys are having a Garage day soon so maybe you guys can come up with a difinate time and day you guys would like to meet. I also like the part about meeting somewhere close to or at a food joint. Let me know if anyone wants to meet this weekend to talk about possible arrangements for later meetings.
Greg M.

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2004, 03:10:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I am thinking a location near a food joint, makes the most sense.  As far as times are concerned, it needs to be on a Saturday, so that people can get there without much traffic hassle.  I think meeting up at 7:00 would work pretty well for most people, but we can post a feeler on the subject.  

The location just needs to be decided, centrally located, where neighbors won't care about a ton of cars driving around their area.  Parking in a large parking lot, will probably advert the cops, as long as we do not cause any trouble.  It would also be smart to contact the food place we will near, and mention what is going on, they may be willing to offer some sort of a deal type thing for all of that business, plus they will know about it at least.  

I think planning is key here, because that way we can get the word out and everyone thinking of attending will know that it is actually going to happen.  This sounds like good times to me....

Jason
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!