Author Topic: Updated RMCB5 Mission Statement  (Read 1563 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Updated RMCB5 Mission Statement
« on: June 15, 2004, 12:29:56 PM »
I would like to update the RMCB5 to expand our roots and extend our membership to everyone in the german car scene, not just the B5 body style.  Due to our influx of members with other cars, I want to be sure and officially include them in our club.  

As a result of that, I have reworked the mission statement.  Let me know if you have any tweaks you would like to see here before we roll this out.

Rocky Mountain Club B5 started back in July-August of 2002 right about the time that ClubB5.com had it's National GTG here in Denver. I had been noticing an increasing number of Passats in the Denver area on ClubB5 and wanted a way to organize the local members for drives, garage days and just general support.

Well, the initial people that were interested turned out to be great people and are now good friends. Since then, even though the tides of change bring people to and from the Volkswagen Passat and Audi A4, we have found that it is the people that are the club and not the cars.

So it has been a slow transformation from a B5 centered group, to a german car group with the B5 platform at it's roots. While there will still remain a lot of talk about our root platform, we would like to officially open our membership to anyone interested in joining. After all, it's the people and not the cars that have the enthusiasm and good attitude that make this place great and some of those people own GTIs, Jettas, A6's and Allroads and even a Mini here and there.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 03:18:23 PM »
Sweet, I think its a good idea but I always felt welcome in the group! but like Winston says its the members and not the cars.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 03:18:23 PM »

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:52:09 PM »
Here here!!!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood