Author Topic: NEW JOB VENTURE  (Read 1620 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
NEW JOB VENTURE
« on: June 19, 2004, 05:16:24 AM »
Well, as some of you already know, I have started a new career venture with Randy Webb, the owner of Webb Motorsports.  www.webbmotorsports.com  Randy is one of the foremost experts on high performance Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S tuning in the country.  Not only does he hot rod them, but he has been one of the prinicple people in the development of a large portion of the aftermarket items available.

Randy has now opened an actual store front down in Littleton, on S. Sante Fe south of C470.  We moved in on June 1 and opened the doors on June 7th.  We did a ground up restoration of the facility, all new interior and upgraded garage space.  We have just installed the lift and soon we will be getting an allignment rack, corner weight for those with coilovers, and by August, our 2 wheel in ground dyno should be installed.

Randy needed some help handling the mass of phone calls and an extra hand handling orders and shipping, as well as a hand in the shop on some of the cars.  With my schedule at the hospital, this was a perfect opportunity for the both of us.  I am helping him out on Tuesday thru Thursday.  We have a few installs on some Audis scheduled, including some suspension upgrades and sway bars from H-sport.  Since I have done many of these, he is leaving me to handle the Audi side of things, as small as it is for now.

What this means?  Well, not all that much, except that I will most likely not be as active on the forum here as much as I have been in the past.  but still want to spend time here, since this is the coolest bunch of car people I have ever met.  It also means that we are working on discounts for the club.  We are a marque distributor for Nopi parts and other vendors such as Tire Rack, Hotcchkis, Miltek, etc.  I have already discussed with Randy about offering a discount to RMCB5 members on products from our vendors...and he was all over that.  We will also offer discounts on Dyno runs for the front drive cars...sorry, we can not afford the 4 wheel dyno...that thing is wicked expensive.  We will also be able to offer some minor garage time at no cost, ie, use of the lift.  If the garage time increases, we will need to charge a little, but that will still be discounted to everyone.

I am excited for this opportunity, the knowledge I will gain, and the opportunity to make my MINI Cooper one wicked mean machine.  I have already installed Schroth Harnesses, the prototype Miltek exhaust, a CD changer, and other fun stuff.  Coming soon are new suspension, control arms, sway bars, and the beta testing of a turbo for the standard cooper.  After that comes big brake kits and lightweight wheels and R compounds.  Randy ran my car at the Autocross event in the springs last weekend in the H-stock class, and we dominated by almost 4 seconds...and this was against the guys that have been nationally ranked.  He spanked them big time, with average lap times around 85 seconds, Randy turned an 81 second winning lap.  This was the first time he drove the car, so it was a new experience for him, but he did well.  Made me feel good that I have a class winning car 8-) .

I just wanted to fill you all in on the changes in my life, things have gotten real busy, but I am excited for the challenge.  I will remain full time at the hospital working Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant for now, but if things really take off, maybe next year I will be full time at Webb Motorsports....who knows, maybe I will one day get to play around cars for a full time job, how cool would that be.

Some of the guys have already stopped by the shop, namely Mike R., Pat, and Jason...they have seen the gig, and met Randy...I am sure they can attest to the opperation and the vision we have towards customer service.

cheers, and thanks for reading
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 01:19:04 PM »
I had heard rumor but its good to know that it was true! :D

All I can say is rock on Jon! and dont forget us MKIVers.

Greg

P.S. Pm me and let me know what it would cost to do a dyno run or two.:)
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 01:19:04 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 04:19:38 PM »
This wonderful news, Jon.  I can tell by your post you are very excited.  The location is not too far from me.  I will have to stop by and say hi!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

shummer

• Modded
NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 03:20:09 AM »
Hey Jon,

What's the shop address and hours and are you there all day Tues - Thurs? Sounds like a great opportunity even though that is a lot on your plate. The shop sounds like it's a few minutes from my work so I could easily stop by there during the week.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 04:11:20 AM »
3911 Norwood Drive, unit H.
Littleton.

We are about a mile south of C470 on Sante Fe...turn in where you see the "All American" shop on the corner, after you go under the railroad tracks.  Go to the end of Norwood Drive, and enter the parking lot at the right side of the cul-de-sack...brown top buildings.  We are to the right side.  

I am there pretty much from 10am to 4-6pm depending on Tuesday thru Thursday.  Randy pretty much runs the same hours all days, but we come and go at times depending on what we have going on, or if we are at the track doing product testing...

Drop on by anytime, the web site has our phone info as well, you can call and see if we are there.  Or if you have my cell phone number, give me a call.  If you want that, i will PM it to you.  Let me know

cheers
jon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
NEW JOB VENTURE
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 10:34:23 AM »
hehehe...product testing....hehehe
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner