Author Topic: Track Day, Wed June 30, 9am, SCR  (Read 3709 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Track Day, Wed June 30, 9am, SCR
« on: June 19, 2004, 11:53:45 AM »
gonna be there with the MINI guys, drivin, testin, and smilin.  I have also invited some of the folks from work since they are getting more and more curious about what we do at the track.

So, if you are free that morning, want to hang and drive for a few hours, and possibly give some nurses a ride of their life, hehehe, then come on out to Second Creek Race way for the morning session.

cheers
jon

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Re: Track Day, Wed June 30, 9am, SCR
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 09:42:08 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
gonna be there with the MINI guys, drivin, testin, and smilin.  I have also invited some of the folks from work since they are getting more and more curious about what we do at the track.

So, if you are free that morning, want to hang and drive for a few hours, and possibly give some nurses a ride of their life, hehehe, then come on out to Second Creek Race way for the morning session.

cheers
jon

Errrrrrr   8O   Wish I could !  :P  But should be working, if for some reason it looks slow though.... hmmmm  ;)  Think my tires have a good track day left in em!  Not sure about my brakes though.

Jonathan

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Track Day, Wed June 30, 9am, SCR
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 09:42:08 PM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 01:16:29 PM »
I may come and hang out for a bit but I wont track my car, its not in any such shape to be on the track just yet.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 05:34:41 PM »
Something wrong with it, or do you just want to make it faster first?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 06:22:29 PM »
I'd love to join you guys.  I need to try the allroad now that the anti-sway bars are on.  

I'll miss this time though.  will be 5K miles away that day.  

Working in the UK that week.

Hmmmm, wonder about a mid-week track day at silverstone?????
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 03:09:50 AM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Something wrong with it, or do you just want to make it faster first?

Yes and No. It does need to be faster but my main concerns are the tires, breaks and suspension. they are all not track worthy at this point in my oppinion.

And I have the sneeking suspision that im going to need a clutch here soon. Every once and a while when I get on it pretty good in first it will slip, and some times when im just daily driveing it will smell very strongly of burnt clutch out of no where.  Its going to the VW dealer to be looked at on wed so we will see what they say about it.

All in good time. :D

Fugazi

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 04:01:26 PM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"

And I have the sneeking suspision that im going to need a clutch here soon. Every once and a while when I get on it pretty good in first it will slip, and some times when im just daily driveing it will smell very strongly of burnt clutch out of no where.  Its going to the VW dealer to be looked at on wed so we will see what they say about it.

All in good time. :D

What the dealer is going to say to you is this:

"Mr blueGolfTurbo... Ah, yes. Sir, would you please bend over and grab your ankles. Oh, also, I'll take your wallet first. Yes, thank you..."  :cry:  8O  8O  :blush:

Good luck with that!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »
:lol:
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 01:48:48 AM »
I know it right... but i have no choice in the matter, other VW dealer in town closed.

Sucks to be me.

Fugazi

s4LEX

• Stock
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 05:35:29 PM »
I have tomorrow off -- how much $$$ and anyone have a helmet I could borrow?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 05:38:49 PM »
$60 for the morning session, and there may be a helmet we can let you use, or you can share mine when I am not on the track...I spend more time off the track than on, hehehe

cheers
jon

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 08:37:14 PM »
Wish I could make it, Wednesdays suck for me.. all of my meetings are always on hump day. Grr... maybe next time, if it's not on a Wednesday.

Have fun and take lots of pics!
MWJD?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »
hey alex, if you see this and it isn't too late, you could stop by my place to pick up a helmet to borrow.  

Let me know if you are interested and I can get directions to you and call my wife to let her know you'll stop by to get it.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 10:56:24 AM »
so everyone, how was the track day?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 12:11:47 PM »
track day was great, loved the new seat and the harnesses...they rocked.  It was a very quiet day at the track, we were basically the only ones there, like a private session, which was nice.  It was cool and conditions were nice.

we misses ya!!!

cheers
jon

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 02:58:04 PM »
We had a great time.  I ruined another set of tires, however.  That was probably my own fault, for taking so many laps at a time.  Brakes.... what brakes?  Who needs brakes?  My brakes are getting replaced today at Champagne Motor Sports.  Those guys know their stuff....

Great times, everyone who didn't come, thanks for leaving us a wide open private track!

Jason
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!