Author Topic: Pike's Peak Hill Climb tomorrow  (Read 3147 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pike's Peak Hill Climb tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 02:59:27 PM »
So how did Larry's car do?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 02:59:27 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 03:04:01 PM »
Terrible.  They broke a half shaft most of the way up the mountain.  I didn't talk to Brian (driver) after the race to see how it went until then, but I'll ask him when I see him next time.  Apparently the half shafts they were using were too short.  Bad day for them, to be sure.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 03:07:20 PM »
That is a bummer for them.  Good thing they didn't go with the higher output engine yet then.  They would have not even made it that far.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 07:35:27 PM »
anyone created a folder where we can post some pictures of the race?  I put a few on audiworld, but I have a bunch of Subarus and Others that I know will get deleted if I put them there.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 07:44:37 PM »
Check out the gallery module (left of the screen near the top) and post 'em in GTG/Events
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
maybe it's my noob status but I was unable to create a new folder and post pics in it.

I got one created, but when posting pics came back with a message saying I was not authorized.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 08:16:15 PM »
Try this:

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1011

Basically, after you "create a new album" from the pull-down menu and then select "add new photos"from the pull-down menu, you want to use the form tab:

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 08:21:02 PM »
I'll try that when I get home this evening, I was using the applet when I was told I was unauthorized.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 08:27:45 PM »
OK, so using the form tab, I got a couple of pictures loaded in the folder I created.  I'll get the rest when I get home this evening.

I still can't get the folder name changed.  Any Ideas there?

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 08:36:41 PM »
Select "Properties" instead of "Add Photo" from the pull-down menu and type in something for the Album Title.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 08:43:22 PM »
that worked.  selecting rename album from that same menu didn't, but the properties route did.  thanks.

G-Money

• Stock
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 07:30:44 PM »
thanks for posting those pictures, i am going to see what my friend has come up with, and hopefully i will get some more pics. up later this week.
Greg M.