Author Topic: National GTG Track Day - Friday August 20th  (Read 36445 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
National GTG Track Day - Friday August 20th
« on: June 28, 2004, 07:28:46 PM »
Rocky Mountain Club B5 is having our annual GTG from Friday, August 20th to Sunday, August 22nd.   We are renting Second Creek Raceway for the entire day (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) for $2,000. We expect to have 20 to 35 participants. The more people that come, the less it is per person. If 30 people show, it'll be $67 per driver. If 40 people show, it'll be $50 per driver. Normally it costs $100 per driver for a full day, so this should be a great opportunity to get out there and have some fun. All money paid will go to SCR. In other words, Rocky Mountain Club B5 will not make money on this.

The event is open to all friends and family of RMCB5.  If you know of any others that would like to go, feel free to invite them.

I will be handling the financials. If you'd like to go, please post here and I will send you an e-mail with payment information. If you have any questions, please post them here so others can see the response, too. In order for this to work we need a financial commitment. I need to have $2,000 no later than Saturday, July 31st.  I am required to have the money available for SCR, since I'm the one signing the contract. I wish I were in the financial position to front the $$$ for everyone, but alas....

I'm asking for people to submit $100 initially. Assuming there are more than 20 people that attend, you'll get a refund of the difference within a week or two after the event. The amount of the refund depends solely on the number of participants.

Track Prep:
Be sure to bring plenty of water and ice, food to share, chairs, sunscreen, stopwatches, digicams, and videocams.

Some other things you'll want to check on your car are oil, brakes and tire pressure. Be sure to come with a full tank of gas, too!

I will have a few canopies set up for shade.

Anyone that goes on the track is required to wear a helmet. If you don't have one, see if you can find one to borrow before track day.  The last thing we want is a lack of helmets that will limit everyone's time on the track.  If you canít come up with one don't worry. There might be a couple extras there to borrow.

Last year we had around 22 drivers and we had all the track time we could stand.  The track will easily support 30 drivers, so there is no need to be concerned with having too many people there and not getting enough track time.  This track day is open to all members of RMCB5 as well as any family and friends.  We hope to have a significant number of MINIs and older VWs show, too.
We hope to have four collapsible tents/shelters there, but itís a good idea to bring something to sit on.  Of course youíll want to bring plenty to eat and drink.
Here are a couple useful links to check out if youíve never spent time on a track:
http://www.audipages.com/on_track/tracktips.html
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/misc9.shtml
http://www.2ndcreekraceway.com/index.html

The following is a list of people from which I've received payment:
Denver Pat
NoobShum
J. Souza
B. Mott
A. Shum
A. Duncan
R. Weber
R. Weber's friend with Sti
A. Allspaugh
E. Johnston
P. Taylor
M. Bradley
J. Schilling
R. Reed
A. Spear
R. Ragan
J. Wilson
P. Subrizi
S. Putro
J. Coleman
J. Seedig
C. Herman
A. Robertson
M. Elings
A. Wong
C. Herman
G. Barclay
C. Barclay
J. Kessel
S. Powell
D. Ament
P. Ament
M. Vercauteren
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 10:03:52 PM »
I am a definite maybe at this point.  I know there are 2 MINI guys that are gonna sign up...Jonathan S. and Brad M.  So count them in the numbers.  I am gonna have the MINI guys send me checks in your name Pat, then I will get them to you, if that is OK?  That way at least they know who they are sending the money to.

Thanks for all the prep work on this one, I know it is no easy task

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 10:03:52 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 10:06:40 PM »
Sounds good to me.  It'll be nice to see Brad again.  I don't remember Jonathan S., though.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 12:57:37 AM »
Jonathan S was not there last year, but he is the president of  MINI5280.org.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 01:14:28 AM »
I am putting it on my calendar!  Send me the payment details Pat.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 11:10:13 AM »
Hey Andrew!  Pat, of course, put me down too!  Thanks for taking care of the track day details.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 11:44:16 AM »
I'm really gonna try, but don't put me down just yet. If I take any day off it'll probably be Sunday.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 04:05:37 PM »
I should be there, assuming I don't blister another set of tires between now and then. I'll get a check to you in a couple of weeks.

G-Money

• Stock
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 07:12:34 PM »
Hey Pat, I am most definitally down. Send me the payment forms.
Greg M.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 07:55:47 PM »
I am in.  let me know where to send the $$
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 08:38:25 PM »
I'm all over it like white on rice.
MWJD?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 12:04:06 AM »
I definitely want to go, let me know on the payment thing so I can send it.  I hopefully will have some new brake pads before this though, I am not sure the current ones would make it through a full day of track time  :)

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 08:02:55 PM »
Jonathan, please add your email address to your account.  I don't have it.
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 12:59:17 AM »
Done, if it didn't work, my email address is    docslackerco@yahoo.com

Jonathan

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 08:15:59 PM »
Well I'm in as well. I'm not sure what the details are for Ian's school yet, but this should work out OK. This year he goes every day of the week, all day. I am hoping to get my wife to come out as well and see what this is all about. Should be fun! :)

I'll see if my nephew with the RSX Type S will be coming this year. Maybe he'll take it easier and stay on the track! :rolleyes:

Send me the info Pat.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 03:07:19 PM »
Hey Pat,

I put this on my calendar. I also called my friend w/ the M Roadster. Waiting to hear from him.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 05:52:21 PM »
I'm in but I might be on a road trip to the Boston area on this weekend.  I'll know for sure in a week or two.
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 02:52:10 AM »
I talked to the nephew. He says he's in as well as a friend with a Subi WRX that has been tweeked.

So I guess there will be some other types of cars there to play with. :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2004, 01:47:42 PM »
Hopefully Clay will be able to make it with his Evo 8.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2004, 06:41:15 PM »
Has anything been planned for after the track day event? If not, I would like to open up my place to an after track party. I live not too far from the track and have the space for us all. Just a thought if this hasn't already been discussed. Let me know! :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2004, 06:54:15 PM »
Well Chas, we were originally planning on going to the Blake Street Tavern since they are sponsoring us to some extent.  Since that moved to Sunday, we are open for Friday evening, so that sounds good.  

Pat is in charge of coordinating that day, so contact him with your plans and he can integrate it into the day's festivities.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2004, 07:19:47 PM »
I have recruted a friend with an STi and maybe an S4...

This is going to be a good little shoot-out.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2004, 07:28:47 PM »
Sweet!  That means two STi's and an Evo 8 means some good competition.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2004, 07:37:08 PM »
maybe a 400 HP S4 too...
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2004, 07:53:56 PM »
Clay also mentioned he has a buddy with a brand new S4, so i told him to see if he might want to partake. Sounds like there are going to be not just some sweet Passats, but some other kickass cars there too!

I ams o jealous! I'll be driving into Jackson on this day so I'll drive really fast and think of you guys.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2004, 02:23:38 AM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Well Chas, we were originally planning on going to the Blake Street Tavern since they are sponsoring us to some extent.  Since that moved to Sunday, we are open for Friday evening, so that sounds good.  

Pat is in charge of coordinating that day, so contact him with your plans and he can integrate it into the day's festivities.

Cool Winston, I'll get with him once he returns from his trip, but when is that suppose to be?
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

LEDdude

• n00balicious
Re: National GTG Track Day - Friday August 20th
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2004, 09:48:21 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Rocky Mountain Club B5 is having our annual GTG from Friday, August 20th to Sunday, August 22nd.   We are renting Second Creek Raceway for the entire day (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) for $2,000.

hello everyone.  I have a few questions...

directed to the quote above, which day will the actual track day be?  Friday or Sat or Sun?

also, i have some Ford friends that would love to join in....it'll make your price go down , so that's got to be good.

some have SVT Contours, modified, and some beefy SHO's...  (one of the SHO's caught up with a 360 Modena at PPIR!  I saw the video 8O )

would you guys mind if some of them show up to add in?

thanks for your time, guys.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2004, 10:04:31 PM »
Track day is Friday August 20th.  Talk to Denver Pat on here about  numbers, he is the track event coordinator.

Welcome to the club.

PlatoSVT

• n00balicious
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2004, 04:30:54 AM »
Hello all, My name's Chris. LEDdood is one of my forum buds and "non-Mustang" Ford fans. I'm essentially who he is posting for, so I figure'd I'd do it myself. Basically, I was talking to LED about getting a nice track day in with some of the Ford Focus SVT, Contour SVT, and Taurus SHO guys for a good price. He mentioned he might not be able to make it, but he could ask around for me, then sent me the info on this one, so here I am.

I entirely understand if you do not want us encroaching on your space and/or G2G, but if you would have us it would be great. I don't think we would get anymore than 15 people, of if you'd like you could limit us to 10 or what have you. But if you wouldn't mind a few Ford guys (no we aren't your typical Mustang fella's, we are all very respectable, and very very friendly and open) joining you, it would be great to do this with you chaps.  

I believe we have one member that even has an a SVTContour and an S4, so that should be interesting. Let me know if I should start gauging interest from the SHO/SVT guys, and I can get back to you with an estimate of # of people. Thanks for the thought ~ Chris
98 EO Black SVT Contour, light modification

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2004, 08:39:58 AM »
I think a few guys are fine...we are all enthusiasts.  It all comes down to attitude and good sportsmanship, and respect for others that are learning.  You may not always be able to go the fastest, but you will have a great time.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but having a few of you all out there would be awesome.

cheers
jon