Author Topic: National GTG Track Day - Friday August 20th  (Read 36693 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
National GTG Track Day - Friday August 20th
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2004, 12:42:59 PM »
One other point, though this is our National GTG, the concern about "who's coming" isn't about what kind of car someone has, it's about having too many people at the track.

We are renting the track for the day which will translate into a per person cost to make it more affordable.  So don't think that by our loose answers that we are saying no or blowing anyone off.

Since Pat is the co-ordinator we aren't sure what the headcount is at this point so it's hard for any of us to make a decision without knowing.

I think Pat may be out of town, but when he is available I'm sure he'll chime in.  You can send him a PM via the site as well to inquire.

We still have some time before the track day so keep checking in and thanks for your interest in our club.

PlatoSVT

• n00balicious
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2004, 01:08:35 PM »
Allright, thanks for the hospitality guys, I PM'ed Dan, and hopefully he'll allow us to attend. To do some butt kissing, I absolutely LOVE Audi's and Mini's so hopefully he'll at least allow a few of us so that I can come out and enjoy the views  :cool:  But I think just about everyone out there respects Audi's, so I guess my compliments should come at no surprise. Any chance an RS6 will be out there? I recall seeing one in the mountains on I-70 on my way back from Mt. Evans, beautiful car. Another fond memory was seeing a show on the Speed Channel that did a little piece on the Mini's, showing them doing jumps, two wheeler's, 180's and such in a very small little area. I was ready to get to a dealership that instant, but my SVT keeps me pretty busy as it is.  

Oh and for some decent competition, one of our SHO's has been supercharged to the max, with all the appropriate suspension and safety modifications. Recently dyno'ed at a whopping 445 hp I believe. His name's Pat, great guy, and a very good track/auto-x racer. He should be all for this, so I'm just crossing my fingers that you'll have room for us. ~ Chris
98 EO Black SVT Contour, light modification

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2004, 01:08:35 PM »

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2004, 01:37:09 PM »
I'm all for as many people as possible to keep the costs down, but I'm not coordinating. I remember my very first time at SCR included S2000s, Ford Contour SVTs, Audi, BMW, VW, motorcycles, and kit race cars. It was great!

I wouldn't mind 40 people at the track ($50/person). We're not all driving at once.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2004, 02:32:39 PM »
I am all for the group expanding to include others.  Not only will it keep the cost down, but it will give us the opportunity to show people the error of their ways.

Just kidding....  

I am for it.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2004, 08:31:08 PM »
Hey kids, I just got back into town.  Chas, thank you VERY much for offering your place for the party after the track.  That's very nice.  I think that's a great idea, especially considering your location relative to the track.  Unless anyone objects, I say go for it.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

LEDdude

• n00balicious
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2004, 02:18:27 AM »
well, kinda pertaining to the RS6's,   i and some of the Focus guys went on a cool mountain drive to Glenwood springs today, and then got back to traffic at Idaho Springs.  So we went around past Mt Evans to Evergreen to bypass it and have some nice twisty runs.....  but passed 3 Brand New A6's in a row, going the opposite way, and passed by a few more sitting in a gravel parking lot with no one in them, or around, not too far from the interstate.

Yep, the new A6's....i don't think the're out, yet.  Right?   They look really nice...fooled me , i thought they were A8's....but not as long   but very nice.  but one of our guys noticed that the last one that passed, had dealer tags.  So i guess they were taking them on a test drive.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2004, 10:43:03 AM »
Quote from: "LEDdude"

Yep, the new A6's....i don't think the're out, yet.  Right?  

In fact, the new C6 platform A6 is out, is has a 3.2V6 and I believe there is also a 4.2 V8 version.  They have been at the dealers for about a month or so now.  There is also a 2 door hatch A3 floating around somewhere, there were pics of it on Audiworld for a local Rocky Mountain Drive they had on July 4th.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2004, 05:28:32 PM »
So lets get a list of cars and drivers going for the track day.  I would like to see a running total so we know who is comming, what the cost will be, and who we want to talk shit to...

I am in.  I also have commitmet of a WRX STi, and a BMW 328.  That is three cars adn three drivers.

Next...
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2004, 05:30:40 PM »
Oh I have a friend who lives down the street from Jon (03Indigo) that is interested as well.

His concern is cost so if there's room and the cost is reasonable I should be able to get him to hang with you kids.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2004, 05:31:48 PM »
Right on Randy.  Good work.  Pat I'm sure, will just keep editing the top post on this topic to update the drivers along with our current financial goal to get to $100 a person then $50 a person.

Remember, the day of it will be $100 flat fee so plan on getting some cash to him before the end of July.

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 06:13:57 PM »
The first post on this thread now contains a list I will update at payment is received.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2004, 06:14:10 PM »
Oh yeah, just put the word out with cost to my buddy with the 400hp+ Mustang (down the dtreet from Jon) and another friend who has a 993.

Where the hell is that n00b with the Evo. Get on his case. :)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2004, 06:16:43 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Communist Leader of the RMCB5 Regime.

Now that is some funny stuff mang!

Where's my vodka, comrade?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2004, 08:04:56 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Oh yeah, just put the word out with cost to my buddy with the 400hp+ Mustang

if he is going, have him get a hold of me and I will car train out there with him, and help him with anything he needs to get ready for track day.

cheers
jon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2004, 08:09:23 PM »
Thanks Jon, he is an experienced racer that we might learn a thing or two from.  He is heading out to PPIR a few weeks after our track day which is why cost is a factor.

You should hook up with him and get a ride.  I haven't ridden in it with the new engine and supercharger so I am dying to go for a spin.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2004, 08:12:35 PM »
ooohhhh, supercharger, now THAT sounds fun!!!!  I should try to connect with him, but I am never home these days, so hopefully he can make the track day for a testing session before PPIR.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 08:33:27 PM »
Oh great we have moved from a nice little cult to a full-blown Regiem!  Next we are going to have a revolution and all sorts of crazyness....

For a communist regiem we sure are tollerant of "Auslanders".  But that is good, we are a kinder, gentler bunch of commies.

- I do have something to add that is relavant...Make sure you check with your insurance company to see if you have an exclusion on your policy for this type of activity.  You can simply ask the question, "do I have coverage if I take my car to a "driving school" or "track"  for  a day.  Be sure to let thenm know youare not RACING your car, just taking it to a track to improve your driving.  Most insurance WILL cover this, but all insurance EXCLUDES racing.

Now back to your regularly scheduled life....
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2004, 04:32:25 PM »
Randy, that is a very good point.  We are not actually racing.  No competition is going on, we are just driving on the track.  

I will follow up on that with my company, USAA.  Or was it the FDA?  FDIC?

WildWillard

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 12:47:22 PM »
DenverPat -

I'm the 993 owner Gietl talked about. I'm in - do you PayPal, or how should I send you the $?

Also, I have a friend with a RS4'd S4 who might make it later in the day, and another friend with a "new" 85 Carrera who might also. This could be fun. Thanks for the invite!

Doug

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2004, 12:49:22 PM »
Quote from: "WildWillard"
DenverPat -

I'm the 993 owner Gietl talked about. I'm in - do you PayPal, or how should I send you the $?

Also, I have a friend with a RS4'd S4 who might make it later in the day, and another friend with a "new" 85 Carrera who might also. This could be fun. Thanks for the invite!

Doug

Hey, what's your email address?  Just click on the email icon at the bottom of this post and send me one that way.  I'll send you the payment info.  No, I don't do PayPal.
-Chuck Patterson

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 10:20:37 PM »
Shit Pat, why don't you have a PayPal account?  I was going to ask the same thing. Oh, well. I'll figure it out somehow.

BTW, how is the you know what doing on the your A4?  :P
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 10:33:26 PM »
Quote from: "Chas"
Shit Pat, why don't you have a PayPal account?  I was going to ask the same thing. Oh, well. I'll figure it out somehow.

BTW, how is the you know what doing on the your A4?  :P

It acts now just like it did one mile from your place.  I think this may be it.  Let's give it a couple more weeks to be sure. :-)
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 11:48:32 PM »
Pat, I have another check coming our way, from another MINI guy, Peter Taylor.  Just wanted to give you the heads up.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 02:01:15 PM »
Reminder:  If you intend on driving SCR on the 20th, I'll need to have a check from you no later than the end of this month.
-Chuck Patterson

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2004, 02:39:06 PM »
The $$$ is in the mail to you today Pat.

Thanks again for taking care of this!!
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2004, 06:31:36 PM »
OK guys, So the after track day party will be at my place. I am open to having you all come and enjoy yourselves. Of course I'll want to enjoy as much track time as possible, but I'll still need to get going home in time to get things ready for the evening.

Obviously I won't be able to buy all the food to feed everyone and I'm sure you guys would want that either. So we need to have a hand count of what everyone wants to eat afterwards.

*Burgers
*Brats (I was thinking about getting a couple of racks)
*Ribs
*Beer (of course)
*Potato salad
*chips
*soda
*or anthing else that fits at a party like this!

So if there is something you really want to see, let me know.

Also, what time do wee want to start this thing off at? What time are we done at the track? And I'm sure some folks will want to head home first to clean up and get their better halves or little ones. Like I said, everyone is invited. The backyard at my place is very kid friendly so bring them all! Also bring your mosquito spray too. There is a large pond near the house and we do get the bugs. I wouldn't want anyone getting any West Nile baddness.

Anyhow, chime in!!! Please!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2004, 06:36:05 PM »
Very cool!   :D
My friend Matt will be in from out of town all weekend.  He'll be at the track with us, so sign me up for two, maybe three.  Not sure what I'll do for food yet, but I'm guessing Matt and I will just bring a little something to eat for the two of us, and maybe a little more.  If I remember right, we'll shut the track down around 6:00.
-Chuck Patterson

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2004, 06:54:40 PM »
So maybe we should plan on having folks over at 7 ish???

You guys let me know, we can do it when ever...

Also, I did talk to my nieghbor, the lady with the Convertable Carrera. She was very interested in coming out with us. So I might have a someone else as well.

Also, I am working on building three more in car camera mounts. Winston and/or Pat was working with someone at SoundTrack to get us a deal on Pan/Tilt heads for the aluminum headrest mounts. The footage we get from these cameras will be killer. The camera will be able to be mounted in many different ways to get all sorts of great shots. Winston was talking about putting together a DVD with all the different footage. So we should see what formate we'll need to cut this DVD together. I assume a digital format is all that is needed and then some sort of Firewire system into a computer with an editting capability. I can talk to my brother about using his system and camera. He does all of his diving stuff at home and it looks great!

As for the cameras, also remember to bring them to the after track party. We can preview the footage at my house on my Vega for a lot of laughs!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2004, 07:05:43 PM »
as for camera mounts, anyone seen this one, comes with the little camera, mount, and wires, and is reasonable.  I was considering this, but don't have a digital cam to plug it into

http://store.northamericanmotoring.com/customer/product.php?productid=25&cat=&page=

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2004, 07:41:56 PM »
Chas,

Where's your house? I might be tempted into a brat and a brew after SCR if it doesn't take me to far away from home in the Fort. Thanks for the offer!
Mark