Author Topic: Short Drive and BBQ - Saturday, August 21  (Read 5023 times)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Short Drive and BBQ - Saturday, August 21
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:02:30 AM »
Hi Folks,
Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been concocting a plan for Saturday that we haven't attempted before, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun! Hopefully you will too.. if not uh... too bad!

The Drive:

We will start out the day with a short drive at 1pm. You are on your own for breakfast. Rian is helping plan the actual route of the drive, more details and maps to follow. But the plan is to start in Golden, take the Peak to Peak Hwy, whatever other fun canyons we can find in the Boulder area, and then come out on Lefthand Canyon Dr. There are tons of beautiful areas and super fun canyons to drive up in this area, so it should be great, and different than routes we've done before.

The BBQ

Conveniently, Lefthand Canyon is about .5 mile north of my parents' ranch in Boulder...which is where the rest of the day can be spent swimming BBQing, and stuffing our faces. There is an in-ground pool with a diving board, lovely 84-degree water. Tons of seating and places to spread out, hang out and enjoy ourselves. Additionally, there is a ton of parking for our pretty cars, and lots of photo ops. Personally, I thought a pool would be more fun than sitting at city park.

This will work out nicely because we will all be together, and can just drive our pretty line of cars right to the ranch and start partying. If people need to run to a grocery store or anything, there is one 10 minutes away. Also, it'll be pretty convenient for all of you denverites to hop on 36 to get home, and the littleton folk can just go down 93.

More Details:

Rian has volunteered to get the keg, and mentioned something about getting meat from a butcher-friend.. Rian, do you want donations for this?

I would like input on the rest of the food situation- should we flush out the rest chips/pop/etc.?  Pot-luck style? Or donations, and I can take care of the rest (with help of course)?

Let me know what you guys think about that. Ok, that's all for now, I'll post more as I get more of it ironed out.
MWJD?

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:28:52 AM »
Your plan sounds excellent! I agree it beats City Park any day.  I'm definitly down for some swimming and bbq'ing. Good deal! I'll probably just pickup food out by your place so it doesn't spoil on the drive.
mad wagon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:28:52 AM »

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 12:48:18 PM »
I'm pretty nice, but not THAT nice. Especially considering that my employer is laying off 500 people agian in the next week (let's hope I'm NOT on that list..

I certainly can pick up the required refreshments and some meat. "My butcher Frank" is a local shop that carries ANYTHING meat that you want, and fresh at that. We'll need an idea of how many to plan for, and what everyone would like to eat (I'm thinking burgers / brats...... any other requests or volunteers to cook?)

As for the Keg, we could do one of something everyone can agree on (We are free from Coors since Jay won't be in town!) I'm a big easy street and sunshine wheat fan, but fat tire is certainly drinkable. We should pick 3 or 4 and have a poll, or we COULD pick maybe 2 and get a 1/4 barrel of each?

I will however need donations. I'm thinking we shouldn't need more then maybe 10$/person? if even that...  I can use paypal for this if that is the prefered method? suggestions welcome.

More to come on the drive route soon. I have a pretty good idea of where I'd like to go, just need to do some further investigation!

Rian
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:57:16 PM »

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:41:30 PM »
I had some ribeye from "My Buther Frank" courtesty of my brother. They rocked!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 05:29:42 PM »
I had some of Frank's sausag...oh wait, nevermind.
MWJD?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 10:55:22 PM »
8O

Sounds like a great plan to me, I am down for the drive and BBQ, let me know what is needed as far as donations or getting things for the BBQ.

Jonathan

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 03:21:50 PM »
Yeah, I think if we could get a head count, that would help us determine how much grub, beer, and money we will need for donations....

I'll start:

One
MWJD?

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 05:12:11 PM »
Me, myself and I  :)

Jonathan

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 11:45:11 PM »
Ohh, me, I will be there, maybe a friend, but me for sure.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 02:14:19 PM »
Me for sure and Jen and the baby if I can talk them into it (read: Jen, the baby I know I can talk into it).

I love the idea!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 06:08:19 PM »
Sounds like fun - shall I tempt fate and dare to take out the new B5 on a GTG? hmmm - yeah, why not.  :)

Rian, I'll paypal you $15 if you get some Easy Street. ;)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 06:09:18 PM »
What what what? New B5....what are you hiding from us? :)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 06:22:16 PM »
yep - see the sig! I just posted a new topic/announcement for you rmcb5 fellers.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 06:36:15 PM »
Hmmm, I would love to count myself in, but I need to find out if Carla can get that day off.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 01:00:51 PM »
I'll probably come with Tish...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 08:36:33 PM »
Sounds like a fun time.

If everyone brings a side dish that would ease the burden on everyone -- I'm more than willing to cook up something as usual.  We definately need coolers and ice packs if we can't drop off the food at the house before the drive.

E-coli/food poisoning and swimming pool is not a good combination. 8O
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

EmeraldInferno

• n00balicious
    • http://
let me get this straight
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 11:58:47 PM »
the track day is the 20th, if im not mistaken,  out at second creek,  and a party/bbq the following day???

COME ON LAWYER<  GET ME MY CASH SO I CAN GET  A CAR<

can you all picture me taking the dakota out on the track and ROLLIN THAT BEYOTCH!!!!   send TOOLS all over the place.  that would be great,  if im trapped,  I got a sawzall with a metal blade  HELL YEAH<    

gotta check on the work schedule and see if the girl can come,  regardless of her attendance I would like to come,     Can't be definitive till the day gets closer,

BAM!!!!!!!

Em
orrado on the way,   DAMN LAWYERS NEED TO HURRRRRRRUP!!!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Re: let me get this straight
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 06:15:14 PM »
Quote from: "EmeraldInferno"
the track day is the 20th, if im not mistaken,  out at second creek,  and a party/bbq the following day???

COME ON LAWYER<  GET ME MY CASH SO I CAN GET  A CAR<

can you all picture me taking the dakota out on the track and ROLLIN THAT BEYOTCH!!!!   send TOOLS all over the place.  that would be great,  if im trapped,  I got a sawzall with a metal blade  HELL YEAH<    

gotta check on the work schedule and see if the girl can come,  regardless of her attendance I would like to come,     Can't be definitive till the day gets closer,

BAM!!!!!!!

Em

Cool, Mr.Chef is going to make an appearance!  It has been a while.
You could use the Dakota as our offical pace car!

BTW, I still have that length of railing I'm still trying to get rid of for free (my nieghbors are bugging me about it since I've been storing it at the bottom of the stairwell).  It's all yours if you want it (it's in perfect condition).
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 05:04:50 PM »
Yippee, count me in!

I'll be up for track day and Saturday.  I'll have to miss Sunday 'cause I need to get back home to prepare for our Tennessee (and hopefully Boston) road trip.  We're going back there for Mom's birthday and to scatter Dad's ashes as a family.

Diédra and the rest of the family will be staying in ABQ - she'll miss too much work if she does the GTG and the road trip.  But she sends her regards.

I'll donate to help cover expenses.  I can do Paypal or give you cash when I get there.  Rian, Amanda, anyone else?

Y'all please forgive me if I eat and run.  I plan to head back home Saturday night.
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 05:16:42 PM »
Forgive me for being new :oops: , but is this invite only or do we just rsvp bring some cash and some snacks cause this sounds way cool and i make killer(not literally) strawberry cheese cake that i would totally bring.  And count another vote for easy street mmmm.  plus i would love to be part of a B5 caravan and i'd get to add more pics to my collection.  So please fill me in.  Thanx

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 07:26:59 PM »
I'm not going to be there, but everyone is welcome.  Price of admission:  Strawberry cheesecake!  Too bad I'm going to miss it.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 07:32:24 PM »
That's okay Pat, Tish and I'll drink a few for ya...well, that is if Amanda can send me directions...
'Manda????
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 01:48:58 PM »
Hey Sarah!  This is open to any member and of course to be a member, all you have to do is sign up and come for the fun...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.