Author Topic: window tinting  (Read 2625 times)

madigan

• Modded
window tinting
« on: July 08, 2004, 04:17:23 PM »
So, I think I'm gonna get my windows tinted. I know the legal darkest limit is 27%, but does anyone have 27% and feel like it's too dark? I know some dealers automatically tint almost every vehicle, before they sell 'em. What is the standard tint you get from the dealer?

TIA. I just don't want to regret having it too dark.

Mark
mad wagon

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
window tinting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 05:21:59 PM »
I went with 27%, and a light metallic finish, adds for more privacy and heat reduction during the day and at night I hardly notice the tint at all. I have gone with darker tint in the past and always found it a pain in the butt at night, and if you get pulled over the cops have another reason to tack on another chunk of money out of your pocket. I think there was a thread on the Colorado statute concerning tints somewhere on this site, something about the windows behind the driver can be darker than the drivers and passengers widows, and a certain percentage of the front window can be tinted also. Hope this helps a little bit.   :cool:
Look officer, I really do own it......

Rocky Mountain Club B5

window tinting
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 05:21:59 PM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Re: window tinting
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 06:22:54 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"
So, I think I'm gonna get my windows tinted. I know the legal darkest limit is 27%, but does anyone have 27% and feel like it's too dark? I know some dealers automatically tint almost every vehicle, before they sell 'em. What is the standard tint you get from the dealer?

TIA. I just don't want to regret having it too dark.

Mark

Mark I got 27% with a light metalic finish I will post you a high res photo so you can see kinda what it looks like, or you can take a look in person if you like just let me know.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

madigan

• Modded
window tinting
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 06:24:32 PM »
Hey Greg, a photo would be great.

Thanks!

Mark
mad wagon

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
window tinting
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:57:26 AM »
27% is the legal limit to have all of your windows tinted, if you want darker rear windows you can do a 20%rear/35% front combo... which is what my car has.

or you can legally go EURO-stylin and go no tint on the front and 5% rear (<-factory tinted windows on SUV/vans have this)
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

shummer

• Modded
window tinting
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 01:48:32 PM »
27% all around Mark! It is not too dark meaning you can see just fine looking out during the night (I think that was your concern). If you have a rear sunshade (I don't think you do) in addition to the tint, then it's pretty tough, but manageable. Make sure you get metallic tint like others mentioned so that it won't discolor over time.

madigan

• Modded
window tinting
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 03:55:41 PM »
Well, I'm dropping my car off tomorrow morning to have it tinted. We'll see how it turns out...

Thanks for all the advice!

Mark
mad wagon

shummer

• Modded
window tinting
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 04:52:03 PM »
Some people mention a more reflective tint (like looking into a mirror) for more privacy. I thought there were some state guidelines for this also. I'm sure the window tint shop knows about them. Metallic tint does not necessarily mean it is reflective like a mirror. So you can just get a smoke color tint that is metallic in material (will not discolor), not necessarily reflective, and be set too if you want. What ever your preference is.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
window tinting
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 04:48:24 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"
Well, I'm dropping my car off tomorrow morning to have it tinted. We'll see how it turns out...

Thanks for all the advice!

Mark

Hey Mark!  So let's see it man!  We want pics!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

madigan

• Modded
window tinting
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 06:48:44 PM »
I'll get some pics up tonight...it really does make a difference reducing the heat in the car. It blocks the sun well too.
mad wagon

synchro

• n00balicious
window tinting
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 01:03:53 PM »
I had a quality tint done on one of my cars 5 years ago and it still looks like new, no blubbling or anything. It really does cut the glare, very worthwhile.