Author Topic: Benefit Wine Tasting for Denver Cancer  (Read 2457 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Benefit Wine Tasting for Denver Cancer
« on: April 11, 2003, 06:48:19 PM »
Hey Jen wanted me to post this to see if any of you want to take part in this.  We plan on going to the one on April 30th at the Canyon Cafe in Cherry Creek, but feel free to go to any of them (or all).  Kari Gratz is a person that Jen works with (and a Broncos cheerleader guys...)

Kari Gratz is campaigning for Woman of the Year Award in order to raise money for cancer in Denver, her mom had cancer then a stem cell transplant and is in remission. Well for every dollar she raises is considered a vote and best of all the money, ALL OF IT, goes to cancer research and they have events, wine tasting, where each person pays $25 and gets to attend a wine tasting and the money goes to cancer and the votes to Kari, a family service worker. So we have to go ...but even more than that we need to get others to go...I'll send an email to our friends, but can you spread the word to the B5 club if they're interested, especially cuase Jon works in oncology unit.

I'm so excited to do this for miss kari, she deserves it:

So, there are four events people can attend can you check to see if anyone is interested?

April 9th: WIne Tasting at the Canyon Cafe in Flatirons Mall at 6pm $25 a person

April 20th: Six Flags Elitch Gardens ...easter egg hunting and rides at Noon $18 a person

April 30th: Wine Tasting at the Canyon Cafe, Cherry Creek at 6pm $25 a person

May 10th:  Grande Finale Gala, Denver Design Center 595 S Broadway 6:30 Food, cocktails, live music, auction $75 a person

For more info on these events they can contact Holly Woodbury at 303.984.2110 BUT IF THEY WANT TO ATTEND then they make a check out to the Leukemia and Lymphona Society for designated amount and give it to me so I can reserve their spot and then just attend and have fun. FYI: We're going to the April 30th one for $25 a pop.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 03:00:13 AM »
You know I would always be up for meeting a Cheerleader :lol: boom-shacka-lacka :wink:...need to find me a hottie to hang out with...and what a better way to meet someone than at a wine tasting...hehehe

Unfortunately, I am scheduled to do a bone marrow (stem cell) transplant on the 30th.  This is for a kid I have known for almost 8 months now.  She is one of 3 primary patients I have that are getting transplanted in the next 3 months.

Tell Jen that I think this is a great idea and that I would be there if I could, not only for the cause, but for the fun as well.  I hope Kari does well in her efforts, sounds like a girl with a golden heart...one that takes after my own.  8)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 03:00:13 AM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 07:25:57 PM »
Winston I will check my schedule, I would definitely like to attend.  Always felt like I should do more as far as doing my part to fight cancer, it took away most of my family.  

Much love~

~Wen

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 12:45:59 PM »
Sweet!  This should be fun!

Jon, sorry you can't come, man!  This is your type of event to be sure...

Wen, let me know what your schedule looks like and we'll meet you there!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.