Author Topic: Details for Aug. 21 (Updated 8/17)  (Read 2116 times)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Details for Aug. 21 (Updated 8/17)
« on: August 03, 2004, 06:48:58 PM »
For any of you who need to contact me- if you get lost or are coming to the party sans drive... my cell number is 303-667-9293

The Drive:

Meet at 1pm in Golden, at the Loaf N' Jug at Hwy 93 and Washington. (Mapquest: 102 N. Rubey Dr. Golden, CO).
 (The reason the starting time is so late, is because we know everyone will be recovering from the track/party the night before. We want to allow people time to sleep in and feel refreshed before another long day.)

We will drive the Peak to Peak highway to Estes Park, back down either Lefthand Canyon, or Hwy 36 to the ranch for the BBQ. We will identify a couple of stopping/picture opportunities along the route. Some awesome views are at the Stanley Hotel in Estes, and we think that would be a great photo stop.

The BBQ/Pool Party:

Estimated start time: 6pm
Location: 7675 N. 35th Street in Boulder (80302 if you want to mapquest it)

Rian and I have decided to make this a fully-hosted party. It is a real pain for people to try to haul coolers, food, etc. in their trunks while driving curvy canyons at illegal speeds. So to spare everyone the trouble by trying to make this a pot luck, we will provide all the beer you can drink, and all the food you can eat. Including burgers, brats, salads, fruit, chips, cookies, pop, water, peripherals, and anything else we deem necessary.

All you need to bring is yourself, and your thong speedo.

Requested Donation is $10 per person. You can pay Rian via PayPal using the email address Rian_Reed@hotmail.com

or send a check to:
Rian Reed
1356 Terrace Drive
Longmont, CO  80501

Please pay Rian ASAP if you plan to attend.

Things to bring:

For the drive:
Radios
Camera

For the party:
Swim suit
Towel
Sunscreen
Flippers
If you have any folding chairs and want to bring them, that'd be coo'

P.S. those of you who wish to bring cheesecakes (yum) and artichoke dip, etc.. you are more than welcome to, if you feel like carting that stuff around in your car. Alternately.. if you can have them to me at the BBQ Friday night, I would be happy to drop them off at the house Saturday morning before the drive so they don't have to slide around in your trunk and/or spoil during the drive.

P.P.S. Yes, the pool is heated.. it's about 85 degrees. It's in-ground, 12' deep with a diving board. None of this plastic turtle on the lawn business.. it's the real deal.
MWJD?

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 07:01:31 PM »
FYI-

At this point I don't think we have enough people to justify the 2 keg idea. At this point I'll buy 1 1/4 barrel (8 gallons) of sunshine. If we get enough people (see$$$) I'll purchase a second of fat tire. I think that should make everyone happy!

Moral of the story, hurry up and send me your $$, and sign up all your B5buddies!

Rian
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 07:01:31 PM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 08:43:54 PM »
Good work Amanda & Rian!!!
You guys rock!

Well if you're taking care of all the food, that's even better, and getting one keg should be good enough.  I could get some margarita fixins, to sweeten the spread.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 07:12:46 PM »
That sounds great Amanda and Rian.  I donate to Rian for the beer, but do we need to donate for food too?

W
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 10:06:26 PM »
Nope Win, 10 per person gets you food AND beer!

All, please get your $$ to me as soon as possible so we can get a good count and I can start ordering the food etc!

Thanks all
Rian
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 07:02:34 PM »
If you guys get maps ready, post them up and I can hand them out at the track on Friday.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 10:46:31 PM »
Thanks W, we have the maps under control. Rian is going to print them out and bring them.
MWJD?