Author Topic: Back from the Tour de France  (Read 1279 times)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Back from the Tour de France
« on: August 04, 2004, 10:38:23 AM »
Hey all,

How you been?  Didya miss me?  Didya realize I was gone? :-P  I just got back Monday night from a few weeks in France.  Saw a little over a week of the Tour de France and also did some sightseeing in Normandy and Paris.

I took a few pics of B5's I saw while over there and have posted them in the gallery here.  There were several teams that used B5's as support vehicles (wagons were popular for obvious reasons) and Skoda was an official sponsor of the tour so most of the race officials were driving around in Skoda B5's.

I saw a ton of Passats in Paris, mostly as taxis.  Almost all were TDI's.  I think I saw a total of two 1.8T Passats the whole time I was over there.  Saw several Audi A3's and even a couple A2's (which are funky looking vehicles).

I was so happy to get back to my own B5 and drive her to work yesterday.  Now I just need to get her ready for the track day on the 20th.  I might be able to make D&B's tonight, and if so, I'll see ya there.

Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »
Alan, it would be good to see you and hear the stories of the tour....welcome home, and I did notice that you were gone, hehe.

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 11:55:20 AM »
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip :)  See ya sometime soon.

Jonathan

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:44:44 PM »
Alan, Alan who?

j/K, welcome back, we missed ya.

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 02:24:25 PM »
So did ya steal any euro plates for yourself? j/k :lol: Great pictures. I really like the 2-door A3. The A2 is funky looking! I'll bring your oil extractor to D&B tonight. See you then!

Mark
mad wagon