Author Topic: Brake upgrade info  (Read 1759 times)

HawkmanA4

• Stock
    • http://vanekh.oasiswellness.com/
Brake upgrade info
« on: April 23, 2003, 07:16:06 PM »
I am looking for some info on rotors and pads for a 2000 A4 1.8TQM. Any suggestions?
00 A4 1.8TQMS- FOR SALE
'04 A4 Avant 1.8TQM Ultra Sprot
Hawk Vanek
HawkInvestmentRealty@comcast.net
www.SoarWithHawk.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Brake upgrade info
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 08:38:05 PM »
Hawk...let me be the first to welcome you to the forums. 8)   I know DenverPat did some brakes...or at least I think he did, and he has the almost identical car as yours.  I am sure he will chime in.

I know the slotted/vented rotors and pads you got from www.avalonmotorsports.com will be great.  Check with Zev and see if there are any special tools we will need to get those installed.  I know there is some kind of tool needed for the Passat rear brakes...not sure if that is needed for the Audi.  If it is the same tool...I know someone here has one...maybe Chas, or someone like that.

Again, welcome

jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Brake upgrade info
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 08:38:05 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Brake upgrade info
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 01:47:59 AM »
Don't know squat about brakes but that's what Pat, Chas, & Rian are for ;)  I am good at welcoming, people, though :)  Nice to see a new face around, it will be good to meet you at the BBQ!

~Wendy

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Brake upgrade info
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 08:02:23 PM »
Hey Hawk-
What do you want out of the brake upgrade?  I track my car once or twice an year and was just looking for some resistance to fade.  By far the most popular upgrade to the A4's brakes are the OEM A8 brakes.  It involves using your existing calipers.  You'll need to buy the A8 rotors and TT carriers.  Great upgrade for (relatively) little cash.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson