Author Topic: **PC virus warning!**  (Read 1465 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
**PC virus warning!**
« on: August 09, 2004, 05:09:33 PM »
Watch out for any e-mail with the attachment called "Price.zip" or "New Price.zip"  It is currently hitting us at work and I just happened to check my personal e-mail via my ISP web site and I received and e-mail from someone within RMCB5 that contained the "price.zip" attachment.  Not sure what it may do, but it is spreading quickly.  Please update you virus definitions.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
**PC virus warning!**
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 05:19:33 PM »
Like all the others what happens is it will route through your MS Outlook or Outlook Express address book and spam everyone int here with this "virus."  It may not have truley been from that person as it will randomly pick a name in the address book and send it witht hat as the from name.

As a rule you should always scan all attachments before opening them to make sure they are virus free.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, these little buggers can be nasty.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

**PC virus warning!**
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 05:19:33 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
**PC virus warning!**
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 05:41:10 PM »
In our case it is hitting our Lotus Notes and you are right about the random.  I was not trying to implicate someone here.  I am sorry if it sounded like I was (frustration was speaking).  For about the past month or two my Norton's has been working overtime stopping these little buggars.  Just about every other day or so I have been making sure that my definitions files are current and at least once a week I run a full system scan.  I really dislike these bung holes for ruining my PC experience.  I am glad those guys have not found a way to infect the ECU of cars!  I thought about that yesterday when I plugged my laptop in to clear my battery disconnect warning.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
**PC virus warning!**
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 05:49:24 PM »
I've got a trashy little PC at home that doesn't even have anti-virus on it.
Anyway, I'm going to get a Mac here one of these days and not deal with all the PC garbage that's out there.
Thanks for the update. I'm gonna check my mailbox right now.

**You know, I was just thinking and maybe it'll take too much time and effort, but it'd be cool to have the latest virus info on a site banner or something...**
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
**PC virus warning!**
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 06:46:57 PM »
I am getting them from RMCB5 members and from some Audiworld members as well...even some people I do not know.  I have gotten that price thing about 15 times today...but just delete it.  Thank god for macs, these things never seem to affect us...

thanks for the heads up Dave!!