Author Topic: Garage Day Wednesday Aug 18th At Jon's  (Read 2137 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day Wednesday Aug 18th At Jon's
« on: August 17, 2004, 01:52:57 PM »
Jr will be doing some rings for his gauges, I will be putting in coil overs on the MINI, anyone interested, we will be starting at 8am, and hopefully done early afternoon.

let me know,  I know most of you are working, but if you are free and want to stop by, we are more than likely headed to Jim's Burger Haven around 1130am as well for lunch.

cheers
jon

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 01:55:37 PM »
Yup yup yup...dash day for me!! Woohoo!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 01:55:37 PM »

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 12:12:07 PM »
grrrrrrr.... stupid work. i'm feeling *cough* *cough* sick... ;)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 02:18:42 PM »
Oh man, If only I read this earlier.  I would like to get me stock suspension back in.  Too late at this point.  Some other time.  

If your scratching you head and wondering about my wish.  I love the look of a lowered car with 18"'s, but I am tired of the headaches and the noise that the setup has brought me.  I have my stock 15" back on and they have improved things.  But I am getting to the point where a like the ride over looks.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 02:32:03 PM »
I love last minute schedule changes.

I am going to work from home all afternoon today, so, I'll likely join you all over at Jim's anyway!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 06:25:30 PM »
So Dave are you going to get rid of your aftermarket...wait, damn, you have a B5.5...nevermind.

Anyway, all we got done is my MKIV shift knob which took all of 30 seconds and get closer to resolving Jon's spacer issue.

Oh yeah, and we had lunch. That was good.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 06:55:19 PM »
yeah, today was the least productive day EVER!!!!!!  I still have no actual resolve to my spacer issue, have potential for tomorrow, so we will see how that goes.

JR, Dave has a B5...not a B5.5.

Lunch was good, but I was in a bad mood, since my car is having issues right now, and track day is soooooo close.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 09:13:42 PM »
Yeah, he didn't even want to sit with me and instead go pout in a corner table by himself...poor guy... :P everyone needs to be really nice to him on Friday  :lol:

But seriously, it sucks.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 09:36:04 PM »
Jon - my $0.02:

Stop by Stammler in the morning, without an appointment.  tell them you are headed out of town on a trip and taking the allroad.  Have them clear your suspension code while you wait.  They should be able to take care of that for you. Then at least you'll have that rocket in good shape for Friday.  It wont give the mini more clearance, but it will make you one of the fastest cars out there.

also, to cheer you up some.  Here is a preview of what I'll do for Allroad brakes (at a garage day - with your help) once my warranty stops buying me new rotors:

http://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/89561.phtml

:)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 10:23:56 PM »
Andrew, that brake kit rocks....and when you are ready, I am all over helping you get set up with those.

I can't get to stammler tomorrow, I have an appointment for MINI service at 7am, then rush up to Tire Source for mounting and balancing, and fitment of generic 4x100 spacers for track use on Friday.  I will either order custom 8mm spacers, or have James Engineering machine me some custome ones with hubcentric fitment for the porper center bore.  Their price keeps changing on me every time I get back to them, once i get all the measurements tomorrow for what needs to be made, I will have a better idea of cost from them.  I should be able to get those within a week or so.  Hopefully I can still run the MINI at the track, but if not, I will have the allroad there, even with the suspension light.  I want to hit 105 or more on the back straight...and if I hit the dirt, who cares, it is an allroad afterall :D