Author Topic: Do you know what I mean when i say...  (Read 1344 times)

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
Do you know what I mean when i say...
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »
i got the BUG, the Horsepower bug, the handling bug and the look bug??
What I am trying to get at here is that I originally had (1st car) a 1987 toyota Pickup truck. After catching the 'bug' and 4 years later with about 25,000 dollars into it (paid by me) It had a custom built (by me) rear cage/ bed wheelbase was stretched, frame was shortened, 37X14.30 tires, locking diffs and millions of other things is was done... The result?? A competion built rock crawler. This truck was stolen from me on May 14 2004. The worst day of my life.... i have yet to hear from the police on it, they dont return calls, but they do send letters asking if i found it yet..??.. No insurance money back on it (dropped full coverage the previous month.. i was going to buy a 'tow truck'), NOTHING AT ALL. I had the BUG. What i am getting at here is that I was so pissed that I thought i would never ever modify a car again, ever... My friend down the street already had me hooked on VW's with his GTI and I ended up buying a 2002 passat GLS sedan. Still with out the BUG. After going to VWOTG- kinda as a joke, I got the bug -I talked to CHAS-. The next day I found myself buying parts, not even 2 days old yet, stock SUX. In the end I think that people need to keep in mind thatr while modding a car you need to thik about theft recovery, do whatever you can to keep you ride from people you are uncomfortable with, dont piss people off in it or do anything to attract unessisary attention. I think about all of these things when I think of how my shiz got stolen from my driveway.  Now all i think about (when not thinking of Dubs) is how I could still have that truck if I wasn't stupid about owning it. Where is my truck? Rolled? Burnt? Mexico? I have no idea, it is probaly parted out by know anyways. Dont let this keep you from modding your cars but look at it as informative, Stock Sux, so build it up better than it was. Catch the BUG, once you start, it will never end. :cool:  8)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 06:39:07 PM »
Yup...I'm seriously considering getting Lowjack...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 06:39:07 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 08:14:35 PM »
Man I am hot just reading that.  Maybe a Group Buy on Lo-Jack is needed!

BTW - If you ever findout who stole you truck, let me know and I will be happy to use them for target pratice
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 09:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"
Maybe a Group Buy on Lo-Jack is needed!

Hmmmm....That's not a bad idea :idea:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:03:01 PM »
Yeah imediatley after my truck was stolen, my friend  with a similar truck installed lo-jack on his- Deifinatley worth it