Author Topic: Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th  (Read 13123 times)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th
« on: April 30, 2003, 06:27:12 PM »
Well, according to the poll on the homepage we've got plenty of interest for this GTG.  I'd like to leave anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., find some nice roads in the hills, then come back to my place near Wadsworth and C-470 to grill some grub that afternoon.

1.  What time would everyone like to leave?
2.  Where to meet?
3.  Where to drive?

My address/phone number:

8457 S. Reed #101
Littleton, CO  80128

(720) 272-9715

Please remember to bring your stump repellant for the drive!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:52:03 PM »
LOL stump repellant. That made my day.

Yeah I'm down for a drive and some GrubBQ. Might I suggest what I like to call "3-day-room-temperature-chicken" a.k.a "Countertop Chicken" and some of Jon's ribs. Well not JON'S actual ribs.. but uh the ribs he is so famous for cookin'.

I will be bringing my copilot on the drive and for some grub so count me in for 2... what should we bring? Too bad Tyrone is gone. I miss him. *tear*

I'd also suggest leaving around 9 or 10 am for the drive. 8am is honestly a little tooo early since I will have an hour drive before I even get to the starting point. As far as where we go... I dunno, I am not real familiar with the canyons and stuff down south.

And we could meet at the T-Rex lot at Morrison Road and I-25.. depending on where we drive. That seems like it might be a good location.

Also I wanted to remind you guys to bring your FRS radios- I have 1 that someone can borrow.

Oh.. and Patty.. if we meet back at your house after the drive.. is there going to be room for all of us to park???

P.S. Rian.. if you are going, wanna caravan I mean play tag down from Schlongmont? ;)
MWJD?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:52:03 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 08:51:11 PM »
Stump Repellant for shizzle!  hahaha

Count me in for two.  

I'll bring whatever...I have a nice veggie salad I could make (it has bacon in it too but I'll make some special for you, Alan...it's easy peasy---anyone else a vegetarian?)

~Wen

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 08:51:32 PM »
Not sure how long we'll drive, but I'm thinking 9 or 10am start time. T-Rex lot is fine. Not sure where to drive. Just don't want a speeding ticket and/or wreck (mod) my car.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 08:55:59 PM »
Alright, so it sounds like 10:00 is a popular time to start.  Anyone opposed to that?
One of the dinosaur lots would be a nice central place to meet.  I don't know a lot of the back roads to drive, but we might be able to do something up towards Idaho Springs, then up Mt. Evans and back down toward Denver through Evergreen.
I guess that's really the only one that comes to mind.  Anyone know anything else between 70 and 285?

AC/PC
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 09:09:37 PM »
Is Mt Evans open? I would think with all the weather it may not be open by then.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 09:37:48 PM »
10am works for me...Pat...do you have a huge Pot?  if we do ribs, I would need to boil them for at least 3-4 hours.  But it is much easier to do ribs at my place...just let me know.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 02:31:28 AM »
Saturdays are tough for me, but I would like to go if possible :) Still have my winter treads on, haven't gotten new summer tires yet. Been busy at work and around the house  8O

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 12:05:11 PM »
what route are you taking for this drive, and are yall goona hook up w/ any other clubs????
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2003, 03:01:45 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
Saturdays are tough for me, but I would like to go if possible :) Still have my winter treads on, haven't gotten new summer tires yet. Been busy at work and around the house  8O

Hi Noob_Shum!  Allow me to welcome you to the club.  We hope you can make it, for Jon's ribs if for nothing else.  Let us know if you can, otherwise we hope to meet you soon!

I am also down for 10am.  I may have to leave a little early to go to the Olympics though...Drinking Olympics, that is...A prior party committment.  Everyone is invited if you are interested...let me know.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2003, 03:25:42 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
10am works for me...Pat...do you have a huge Pot?  if we do ribs, I would need to boil them for at least 3-4 hours.  But it is much easier to do ribs at my place...just let me know.

Sorry, no huge pot.
-Chuck Patterson

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »
I have a Dutch oven (large oval pan w/ lid). Not sure why they call it that. You can boil stuff in it or try baking the ribs with some dry rub before browning on the grill. This was Emerald Inferno's process straight from the chef's mouth. Dare I say more tender?

Also, Noob_Shum = Jonathan = my older brother. Most of you have met him last summer at the Nat'l GTG Track Day at Second Creek Raceway. He was driving that red beast of a car - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS-6. He sold the Trans Am (maybe still trying to sell it) and a Volvo 850 Turbo to get his S4.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2003, 08:01:12 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
I may have to leave a little early to go to the Olympics though...Drinking Olympics, that is...A prior party committment.  Everyone is invited if you are interested...let me know.

I might be down for that Dub....any details?  Of course I will have to be the referee...or the announcer as Jen likes to call me.

Andrew...what I may do is start boiling ribs here the night before...then just bring them over for grilling and "saucing".  How many racks should I get...I got 3 last time...seems like we will have more people there...maybe 6 racks?  Pat...how big is your grill?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2003, 08:05:25 PM »
How many racks should I get...I got 3 last time...seems like we will have more people there...maybe 6 racks?  Pat...how big is your grill?

I have the standard, full-size Weber charcoal grille.  Big enough, I guess.
-Chuck Patterson

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2003, 08:46:55 PM »
OK I will be coming up from the springs for this drive......
but someone is going to have to give me directions to the starting point as i do not, at this time, know my way around denver yet.....

thanks
~mike

PS
i will be bringing corona...but what kind of food do yall not have for the grubbin after?
OT DISH?-----> nope!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 08:49:02 PM »
Quote from: "kt037"
OK I will be coming up from the springs for this drive......
but someone is going to have to give me directions to the starting point as i do not, at this time, know my way around denver yet.....

thanks
~mike

PS
i will be bringing corona...but what kind of food do yall not have for the grubbin after?

Yo yo yo-
You'll get there by taking 25 north to 470 west.  You'll actually come within a 1/4 mile of my house.  Wanna stop at my place on the way, drop off the beer/grub and caravan from there?

John Cougar Mellonpat
-Chuck Patterson

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2003, 05:28:29 AM »
sure i can do that.....
i ll get directions to your house from mapquest drop off the refreshments and we can convoy to the meeting spot.....

be there around 9:30-9:45 am...is that cool?
~Mike
OT DISH?-----> nope!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2003, 08:38:12 AM »
Mike...Pat's address is listed above...go to www.mapquest.com and type it in from your location, and you will get directions that way...and a nice little map that you can print out.  That is how most of us do it.  He also has his phone number listed incase you get lost.

As far as food...all I know is that i am bringing a kings portion of ribs...the rest is up to everyone else.

Pat...your grill will have to make do...the ribs will mostly be cooked...they just need a little "flash" grilling to set the sauce in and heat them up.

This should be a hoot. 8)

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2003, 11:31:15 AM »
Going to try to get off of work early enough to meet up with you guys, but might not be able to till after the drive, we will see :) Will have my cell phone, and can try to get a hold of my brother and see if i can find you guys.

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2003, 01:03:12 PM »
sure i can do that.....
i ll get directions to your house from mapquest drop off the refreshments and we can convoy to the meeting spot.....

be there around 9:30-9:45 am...is that cool?
~Mike

PERFECT.
-Chuck Patterson

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 02:00:40 PM »
Hmm.. i will have to decide what to bring.. was thinking of making my damn fine potato salad.. but even if I could anchor it down in a cooler in my trunk, it might be a potato milkshake after the drive.. ;) I will probably bring some other munchables too.. I'll rethink the potato salad or else come to Pat's house early too...
This is gonna be fun!
MWJD?

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2003, 10:42:41 PM »
i can cook some deutsche heißkartoffelsalat.....or... gloße u. soße
 (german hot potaoe salad or bread stuffed potato dumplings with sauce)

let me know what you think......also i think i will bring hefe weissen instead of corona.....if that is ok w/ yall...
OT DISH?-----> nope!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2003, 02:42:20 AM »
Mike- that would be awesome... also convenient, cause you can drop it off at pat's house, and I won't have to drive down that far in the morning. I'll think of something else to bring. ;)
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2003, 12:37:17 PM »
i can cook some deutsche heißkartoffelsalat.....or... gloße u. soße
 (german hot potaoe salad or bread stuffed potato dumplings with sauce)

let me know what you think......also i think i will bring hefe weissen instead of corona.....if that is ok w/ yall...

:oops: I think I just drooled all over my keyboard!

Sounds good!  I can boil some brats if anyone is interested, let me know...

Jon, as for the Drinking Olympics, this friend of mine and Jen's is putting it on.  Actually a couple, Brian and Julie.

It involves a lot of drinking (obviously), but they throw in sports like kickball where you start of with a full beer and you have to finish it before you reach home...that's just an example.

Everyone is invited and people will be showing up all day so we can go over after we've had our way with Pat and his new single person pad...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2003, 06:41:03 PM »

That sounds good Dub...those were awesome at the DZ thing

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2003, 06:47:52 PM »

That sounds good Dub...those were awesome at the DZ thing

You got my vote.  I'll take care of the desert.
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2003, 06:53:14 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"

What about the apple pie thing I mentioned on Saturday...you still want me to get one of those?...or leave it all up to you?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2003, 06:56:37 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"

What about the apple pie thing I mentioned on Saturday...you still want me to get one of those?...or leave it all up to you?

Doh!  Forgot about that, JK.  Yeah, get the pie.  Pie good.
-Chuck Patterson

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2003, 06:58:20 PM »
What do you guys want me to bring other than the noise? Soft drinks?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2003, 07:00:50 PM »
Just as long as no one molests the apple pie ;)

I'll bring a bunch of Coor.

What else can I bring? Soda as well? Some prostitutes?