Author Topic: Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th  (Read 13420 times)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2003, 12:40:04 AM »
sounds like a great day....

we are gonna drive moddeified german cars speeding through twisted mountain curves, go back sit down and laugh over german beer, and eat german food......(now if only i had a german wife for the night)

I can't wait....
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2003, 02:16:08 AM »
hey question for all of yall,
 i was just chatting with some friends and remebered the drive after the last time i came to denver... and then the "swingin' and swervin" time i had driving home.....plus I know myself....
I HAVE TO ASK.
is there a hotel somewhat near where we will be having the grub/beer after the drive that i can taxi to....

just in case slight-Inebriation sets in?

thanks,
~Mike
OT DISH?-----> nope!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2003, 02:16:08 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2003, 05:11:27 AM »
Quote from: "shummer"
What do you guys want me to bring other than the noise?

Andrew...don't forget the phunk :P

Jay, bring some soda if you don't mind...you know me...

Pat...Pie is covered, and don't worry Jay, it will be a "clean" apple pie :twisted:

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2003, 12:41:48 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"

Jay, bring some soda if you don't mind...you know me...

Damn lush.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2003, 01:02:12 PM »
Mike I'm not familiar with Pat's neck of the woods, but I'm sure he'll chime in soon...good idea to have a plan just in case, like you said.  I'm glad you're taking the time to come with us!

~Wendy

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2003, 01:07:53 PM »
There are definitely some places you can hang at.  As a matter of fact, if you join us for the drinking olympics, bring a sleeping bag and crash there with the rest of us...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2003, 02:46:21 PM »
So I am having trouble thinking what to bring that fits our theme... I am loving the German theme here and everything.. but I make some kick-ass fresh salsa and also a mean habanero queso dip... I could make those, bring some chips.. maybe some cookies too... what do you guys think?
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2003, 03:01:33 PM »
I am a non-culturally-discriminating eater.  I eat it all...Bring on the hot stuff, hot stuff...

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2003, 03:15:55 PM »
Quote from: "UberGrrl"
So I am having trouble thinking what to bring that fits our theme... I am loving the German theme here and everything.. but I make some kick-ass fresh salsa and also a mean habanero queso dip... I could make those, bring some chips.. maybe some cookies too... what do you guys think?

I would love to have something from this special salsa. I love spicy food.

Microphone Mikrophon-Ich have much of the area for you at my place. I hope, at home to sleep this night, since I rise the following mornings to the ski or to the bicycle. I get mean sleeping bag straight if. If everyone liked to drive otherwise ski or, bicycle informed me on Sunday.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2003, 03:32:01 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"

Microphone Mikrophon-Ich have much of the area for you at my place. I hope, at home to sleep this night, since I rise the following mornings to the ski or to the bicycle. I get mean sleeping bag straight if. If everyone liked to drive otherwise ski or, bicycle informed me on Sunday.

for crying out loud Pat you never quit do you...hahahahaha you funny mang  :lol:

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2003, 03:46:05 PM »

Tyrone...? Is that you honey?
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2003, 04:02:13 PM »
Dang mang!  Woo-woo!

Pat, we really need to get that whistle tip installed for you don't we?

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2003, 08:33:42 PM »
join you for the drinking olimpics? what is that....

sound fun and interesting, and i am always down to do anything involving drinking, fast cars or women....

ill bring the old OD green  ECW fart sack.....keep me posted M'kay..

~Mike
oh yeah and hot salsa would be great!!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2003, 12:19:55 AM »
Hey 2Pat...what time should I come over on Saturday to drop off the ribs and get them boiling?  930am sound good?  We will but them on a low simmer to keep them warm.  That should do it I think.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2003, 01:58:17 AM »
I'm thinkin' it might be good for me to bring my stuff down early too, you know these 10 AM Garage Days and Drives and GTGs kill me-can we ever have like a "noon" GTG so I can sleep off my hangover a bit  :lol: j/k...where the hell is the Morrison lot if I don't make it to Pat's early?  Is that where we're meeting?  It's late and I'm stupid...

Amanda girl you should have made German Chocolate Cake!  8O
(but I want salsa so another time perhaps)

Should I bring my cooler and some ice?

~Wen

I'll have a few radios for people to borrow also if need be.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2003, 02:18:20 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Hey 2Pat...what time should I come over on Saturday to drop off the ribs and get them boiling?  930am sound good?  We will but them on a low simmer to keep them warm.  That should do it I think.

Any time after 8:00 is fine with me.  We should leave my place no later than 9:45 to make it to the T-Rex lot by 10:00.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2003, 02:21:10 PM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
I'm thinkin' it might be good for me to bring my stuff down early too, you know these 10 AM Garage Days and Drives and GTGs kill me-can we ever have like a "noon" GTG so I can sleep off my hangover a bit  :lol: j/k...where the hell is the Morrison lot if I don't make it to Pat's early?  Is that where we're meeting?  It's late and I'm stupid...

Amanda girl you should have made German Chocolate Cake!  8O
(but I want salsa so another time perhaps)

Should I bring my cooler and some ice?

~Wen

I'll have a few radios for people to borrow also if need be.

You know, it sounds like there will be five cars at my place before we all planned to meet up by I-70 and Morrison.  How would everyone feel about meeting at my place, since half of us will be there around 9:30 anyway?
There should be plenty of place in my freshly-cleaned fridge.
-Chuck Patterson

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2003, 03:24:13 PM »
I don't care... We can meet there, then I can drop off my sheeit too and wont' have it rolling around my car for the drive.

I just don't know where you expect all of us to park...?
MWJD?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2003, 03:27:09 PM »
I don't care... We can meet there, then I can drop off my sheeit too and wont' have it rolling around my car for the drive.

I just don't know where you expect all of us to park...?

There aren't many places to park in the lot, but there's a lot of room right there on the street.
-Chuck Patterson

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2003, 04:00:31 PM »
Pat,

I'll be at your place Saturday morning between 9:30 and 9:45. That's closer for me anyway.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2003, 05:43:58 PM »
The Dinosaur LotS are at the Morrison Rd./I-70 intersection.  There are four lots there (T-Rex, Brontosaurus, etc).  The one on the NE corner is the T-Rex lot.  I'm trying to find a drive west or southwest of my place, so driving up to T-Rex from my place, then back south would be silly.  That said, I don't yet have a road picked out.
-Chuck Patterson

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2003, 06:03:37 PM »
A guy on the Rocky Moutain forum suggested going out 285 to Aspen Park, then going towards Pine.  Anyone know this?  I think it sounds pretty good!  I know there are a few other roads heading south from 285 near there, too.  Your comments and suggestions are requested.
-Chuck Patterson

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2003, 06:09:53 PM »
I used to ride my motorcycle out that way years ago, when 285 was less crowded (has it ever been?) :).

Of course you couldn't give me money to remember anything about it.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2003, 06:11:59 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I used to ride my motorcycle out that way years ago, when 285 was less crowded (has it ever been?) :).

Of course you couldn't give me money to remember anything about it.

Funny you should say that.  The guy that suggested it on AW said that's where he used to ride his motorcyle, too.
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2003, 06:23:09 PM »
Yeah, I have done a lot of camping in the Kenosha Pass area and that is a good drive, but there may be traffic on that road.  Really there will be for any road around, but that one is high on the 5-0 totem pole...if you know what I mean...

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »
Well Kenosha is quite a bit past Apen Park/Pine, there are a lot of 5-0 in Apen Park, but that's primarily on 285.  Of course like I said, it's been quite some time since I veered off 285 in that area.  I wish i could remember this one route, it really kicked ass.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2003, 06:37:34 PM »
Check that!  I've got a buddy that works for the power company down in that area that drives those roads all of the time.

Let me give him a call and see if he has any recommendations...

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2003, 06:40:25 PM »
Hell yeah! Also see if he can hook me up with some free power.  I'm really jonzin

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2003, 08:51:59 PM »
Does anyone know the roads in this area?  I think it has good potential, as there aren't many people out there and it's really close to my place.

[EDITED BY JAY]

Click Here to View Map
[/EDITED BY JAY]

Sorry, not smart enough to figure out image posting.
-Chuck Patterson

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2003, 12:31:31 PM »
Sorry, not smart enough to figure out image posting.

Yeah, right!

That's the area we were talking about.  There are plenty of areas back there that my buddy Brooks drives all of the time.  I called him at home, but he is notoriously bad at returning phone calls, so I'm going to bug him all day today on his cell and see if he can hook us up...