Author Topic: Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th  (Read 13145 times)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Group drive / BBQ Saturday, May 10th
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2003, 03:18:28 PM »
How about a loop from Pat's area West to Phillipsburg, North to Twin Forks/Tiny Town area, then cruise back to Pat's down 470?  I don't know what the roads are like at all down there, maybe that would be too long of a drive.  Maybe just in the Phillipsburg area would be enuf.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2003, 02:57:21 PM »
If anyone has any extra folding/camping chairs please bring a few.  I have four chairs for the table, a couch and big chair.  It might be a good idea for those coming to my place before the drive to just leave 'em at my condo so they're not shifting around in the trunk during the drive.
BTW, is everyone meeting at my place now?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2003, 02:57:21 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2003, 03:01:37 PM »
I guess we are, i need to get on the ball.  Also, do we have a contingency plan based on weather?  It may be snowing in the morning.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2003, 03:08:16 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I guess we are, i need to get on the ball.  Also, do we have a contingency plan based on weather?  It may be snowing in the morning.

Contingency plaan....contiginency plaannnn....
Hmm.  Well, I'm just fine with driving wet roads.  Snow is no good, but I don't think it'll be snowing at 10 or 11, depending on how deep into the mountains we get.  I guess the worst-case scenario would be gilling and drinking at my place.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2003, 03:23:19 PM »
Well me concern isn't so much wet roads as it is potentially wet roads and newly painted lines...I can still recall seeing the aftermath of that last fall.

I'm not too worried, I just wanted to make sure we would have enough alcohol to get f'd up on if I had to drink all day instead of just the afternoon ;)

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2003, 03:24:43 PM »
For those alcoholics in the group, a lika sto is a short ten-minute stumble from mah crib.
-Chuck Patterson

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2003, 03:59:05 PM »
Uh yeah.. if it's slick out tomorrow i.e. snowing, I'm gonna skip it. I don't want to kiss a mountain.
MWJD?

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2003, 10:27:55 PM »
W - I have to pass on the ride in your car if Im going to get a few things done on the van.  Drink one for me.
Rob

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2003, 10:28:20 PM »
W - I have to pass on the ride in your car if Im going to get a few things done on the van.  Drink one for me.
Rob

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2003, 12:59:13 AM »
Will be working till 10 or 10:30, then will call my brother to see what everyone is up to :) Don't mind driving in the rain, but snow might not be so fun since I just took my snow tires off and according to tire rack, these tires aren't too hot in the snow ;)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2003, 01:20:03 AM »
So snow is in the forecast, they said on the news "Denver will wake up to snow" which means it'll be even more in the mountainous areas. If I wake up and it's not bright and sunny, then I will just see you guys at VWOTG. I also am feeling kind of shitty and hoping after I get some zzzs that I will feel fit to drive. If I had to drive tonight I'd be in bad shape. I'll call one of you guys (Pat, Winston) in the morning and let you know if I'm not coming so you don't wait up for me.
MWJD?

HawkmanA4

• Stock
    • http://vanekh.oasiswellness.com/
Still on!?
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2003, 01:52:37 PM »
Are we still on for the drive today :P ?
00 A4 1.8TQMS- FOR SALE
'04 A4 Avant 1.8TQM Ultra Sprot
Hawk Vanek
HawkInvestmentRealty@comcast.net
www.SoarWithHawk.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2003, 04:46:56 PM »
I know you guys are, I'm out for the drive, but would still like to come by and BBQ.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2003, 01:11:39 AM »
what happened with the drive and the BBQ?

i could not come i got my parts for my A4 in on friday afternoon (2pm) and went to install the things.....due to 2 seized bolts that had to be drilled out, and a few other minor problems, well, we'll just say the damn thing is STILL on jackstands I worked on it till 1am last night and all day today, i gave up for today, and will be at it again in the morning.
~Mike

really regret selling my air compressor and pneumatic tool set now!!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2003, 02:25:29 AM »
Had a lot of fun :) Was my first drive / BBQ with you all and it was a blast.

We started out BBQ ing first, and had some amazing ribs thanks to Jon and some sort of salad from Wendy which was also awesome. After eating and everyone groaning from eating too much, we went on our drive, but someone will have to explain where we went, because I have never been out that way before :)

Thanks again for letting me join you guys and gals, hope to see you all around for more fun stuff!

Sorry to hear about your car man :( That does not sound like fun at all! Hope you are back and runnin' soon.

Jonathan

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2003, 02:59:56 PM »
Oh yeah, thank you Pat for letting us gather / play / eat / hang at your pad :) I am looking forward to more drives / gatherings if I can make them.

Jonathan

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2003, 03:20:04 PM »
I didn't make it to the bbq, but the drive was intense! I guess everyone ate lunch first to let the snow melt off the roads. By 2pm, all the major roads (i.e. Sante Fe) and highways were dry.

We headed towards Deckers for the first 1/2 of the ride. Very curvy and dry road. It was a hoot. It dead ended into a dirt road which we took for ~7 miles. Shortly after that, we connected up to 285. That's when things got hairy.

We took Deer Creek Rd. and Deer Creek Canyon Rd. Very wet and lots of gravel which made for a pretty scary ride (especially as a passenger). We eventually connected up to Wadsworth and C-470 and back to Pat's house. Very good route except for the dirt roads.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2003, 04:38:26 PM »
I agree, it was a fun drive, the dirt roads sucked, but you couldn't have enjoyed that scenery doing 80 ;)

All I know is that for Jonathan and I the drive started off sketchy as we both fishtailed doing a U-Turn on Wadsworth, now his S4 I could maybe see, all wheel drive, but my FWD Passat!? Nonetheless it felt cool and I bet it looked sweet ;).

This was the first drive witht eh suspension, chip, wheels and tires and I can only say tres bon, it kicked butt.  It did get squirly in the canyon on that wet gravel, but it was still fun.

We can chalk this up as our first successful group drive sense the hotani incident last fall.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2003, 09:23:50 PM »
It was a great day!

We started off going to Lamar's until we could figure out what we wanted to do, then we decided to BBQ once a few more people showed up.  

Needless to say, with the doughnuts and the big BBQ lunch, we were full afterwards.  By about noon, the roads were looking good.  So we got Andrew and Jay to meet us then we took off.

Literally, we were moving from the word go!  We cruised down Santa Fe to Sedalia, then took 67 towards Deckers.  At the South Platte River, we went back along the (supposedly only 5 miles, but felt a lot longer!) dirt road, and back up some windy roads to 285...

After that, I forgot the name of the road we took (Highpoint?) and that made for some fun driving too.

All in all, it was a great time and I got to test out the suspension with the new wheels and tires for the first time, and they are great!

I have some pictures, which I will post to the Gallery and link here as soon as I get them...

See ya!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2003, 01:40:49 AM »
I can't wait to see the pics Winston! Unfortunately the Gallery is in a bit of an upheaval right now, I am trying to get it to work on this host and it is abeing a little crabby, hopefully iy will be resolved soon.

In the mean time you can e-mail me the pics and I can host them until I get the Gallery working again...or something like that ;).