Author Topic: Volkswagen on the Green -- May 18, 2003  (Read 9523 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Volkswagen on the Green -- May 18, 2003
« on: May 01, 2003, 02:55:47 PM »
Since we are getting close (I yoinked this from Dubs reply int he other thread):

May 18, 2003 - Volkswagens On The Green
Denver (Littleton), Colorado
Volkswagens On The Green is the largest and best attended Volkswagen only car event in the Rocky Mountain Region. This years event will be at:

Arapahoe Community College
5900 South Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, Colorado 80160

This is the 9th annual Volkswagen On The Green event and will be held Sunday May 18, 2003 and is free to the public.
Three Hundred plus vehicles are expected to be there alond with their owners and spectators. Sponsoship opportunities due exist. Don't miss your chance to part of the action.
Presented by Volkswagen Enthusiasts of COlorado, Colorado Bus Club and Colorado Springs VW Club

Contact the below individual for more information and Thanks:
John Marriot, john@larsonsport.com
Alex Gonzales, GonzalesAM@KateWWDB.com
Michael & Dawn Hall,
dawnbubba@yahoo.com (303) 632-7429

I hope we all can make it and hopefully we'll have shirts by then as well.  Chime in if you can make it and lets try to plan on getting together sometime before it starts so we can all park together.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 01:28:03 PM »
Awesome.. I was just going to post about this today... wondering who all is planning to go. I didn't participate last year, but totally want to this year. I agree on the meeting early so we can park together.. it would suck to be all spread out. I don't really know that area very well, so i'm not going to give any suggestions for where to meet.... but I'm going, dammit.
And what's the word on shirts? We aren't getting any girl shirts first time around, are we? :( I hate regular men's t-shirts. I think I will have to wait to buy one til the girlie Ts are available.

Um also.. maybe we should organize some foodish items to bring.. or else we can all just bring our own. I will bring a cooler with some stuff.
MWJD?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 01:28:03 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 01:43:46 PM »
Who is this posting?  Do I know you? Just kidding little miss MIA.

Well the show is at Arapahoe Community College aka ACC aka All Concrete College.  I have never been there for this show, but I did go to school there for a year (1 of 4 higher ed institutions I have attended :))

I'm trying to think of somewhere central we can meet and all go so it is as convenient as possible for everyone.

We could meet at my house and then go, I could get some LaMars donuts to start us off.  I know that would be a pain for people like Pat and Winston though because they would have to drive further. Or maybe we could meet ay the KK at Quebec and C-470/County Line? Then roll from there?

As for food, we should plan on bringing water, sandwiches snacks some flasks of booze and soda ;) Ok the secret flasks are optional. Since it may be hot, and I'm not burning my feets, bring sunblock!

I still need to get a higher quality image to the T-Shirt place and hopefully we'll have them in time.  Unfortunately no specialty Ts (girlie, colored, wife beater) at this time, it is really just to expensive (meaning we can set you up to single order shirts which would be about ~$20).

However I think the T-Shirts will end up being about ~$12 in the end, which is pretty damn cheap.

Back on track, if anyone can think of a better place to meet up before hand and where the entrance will be that would be key so we know the best angle of attack.  I don't want us getting split up.

IIRC, others that have attended and arrived early found them to be very accomodationd at keeping groups together.

Also, maybe a small short little shine the car up might be in order for the 17th?

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 01:48:07 PM »
I hunted down the VWOTG website- Here's more detailed information about the show. Probably most notable are: No alcohol and it goes from 9-3, rain or shine. Also entries are free.

http://home.earthlink.net/~vwqueen/html/vwotg_flyer.html

Dumb question.. but are audis also welcome.. or just VWs?
MWJD?

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 01:52:39 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Who is this posting?  Do I know you? Just kidding little miss MIA.

Daaaaaamn.. I miss one weekend with you guys and I become "Little Miss MIA". Hehe.. I will say nothing of Boris, Spec, Adrian, Rian, or Dave.. those SLACKERS! Oh wait, I just did. ;)

Yeah I am planning to do a little detailing on the 17th but I honestly doubt I will want to make a whole day of it.... was thinking maybe an evening of detailing for me. We shall see..

Also.. I'd rather pay $20 for a girlie T than $12 for one that looks like a potato sack on me...So if that's a possibility, then count me in.
MWJD?

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 01:53:10 PM »
That's why I said "secret" flasks ;)

As for what's welcome, it is really just for VWs for the show part, I think I had heard in the past a few hondas parking on the Green with the VWs, but I think it was either someone who was lost or just not with it.

We can see about squeezing the Audis in, I guess it wouldn't hurt to drop a line to the organizers?

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 01:58:42 PM »
Can you park on the "green" even if you're not in the show? Because I really have nothing to show.

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2003, 02:13:47 PM »
If you're 'on the green', you're IN the show.. it's free dude.. I saw a bunch of totally stock passats last year parked on the green.. no one cares. You should park with us cause the more B5s we have the cooler we look. ;) And we want to hang out with you. I went last year and didn't 'participate'... and was TOTALLY bummed that I didn't... don't make that mistake, Shum, it's not worth it. ;)
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 11:48:05 AM »
Yeah, and we all have to park together to show what a close-knit VW sub group we are!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 04:45:45 PM »
Speaking of MIA!  :roll:

Anyhow, SWEET! I thought ACC wasn't going to host the show again this year because of drought conditions and the grass they want to keep. A big waste of water if you ask me. It's a fun event. And this year we need to really work on parking all the Passats together. Last year Spec/ Dave had a bit of a time getting his Passat next to Boris and me. Some punk kid with a GTi didn't want to help out and show any Dub Luv. You know, the same old story. eventually he got the car next to us. Then we found Michael (EuroVR6) parked a few rows in front of us. And then a mystery Colo. Red B5 parked in behind us. We never found out who that was. And that was the first time I met a couple of other B5.5er's. But we did have a great time.

Do bring your own food and drink. There is very little offered outside of leaving the school grounds. Oh yeah, and sun screen too. Lawn chairs are a good idea. And this year I don't have my FMIC in my trunk!  :lol:  8)

But getting there early to get a good spot is a must. trees are hard to come by around there. Dave, Boris and I have been to the last two VWOTG events and the B5 showing has been, well, dismal. Let's show up in force!!

Oh, they also let in the odd Audi or two. Rian and his blue S4 were graciously alowed to park on the grass next to the Ruling VWs!

:lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  8)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 05:00:44 PM »
Awesome Chas!  Now I'm really getting excited for it.  I do have an umbrella with a stand that just needs a cooler or two to keep upright.  I also have aa couple [aforementioned] coolers and some lawn chairs too.  

It starts at 9, so what time should we get there to get good spots?  We should get all of the Passats and Audis lined up.  We should also have our shirts by then, so we should plan on wearing those too (at the possiblity of being labelled "Geek" anywhere else but here).

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »
I think we all showed up at about 10am last year and still got a pretty good spot. But the earlier the better. But I think if we all got together on the street right out in front of the school before driving onto the lawn we would have a nice looking group. The best as far as I'm concered.  :roll:  :wink:  :D

We kind of did that last year, but still there were straglers so we got sepperated. If enough of us got there early enough we could park so as to save a spot or two for late arrivals. We just need to stand up to those GTI guys.  :wink:  There are just so many of them!  :P  :P  :wink:  :lol:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2003, 05:32:50 PM »
That's exactly what i was saying earller in the thread, if we can get everyone together beforehand and caravan down, with a spot we can stop at to gather the troops then roll in together.

Maybe, hope hope, I will have my windows tinted by then, although the shirts were kind of a push off the window tint thing.

We'll see, I definitely need to detail my Passit by then.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 05:34:51 PM »
Jay, I told you I would help with the shirt investment.  Just throw that tint on the CC and when you get the bill, we will have all of the shirts sold!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 05:47:15 PM »
:)

I'm not worried about money, I just got myself on the window tint hype train and when I want something I want it now!

No worries, the shirts will go fast and my windows will be tinted soon enough.

Also, what is a cre...credhit khard? I haven't had one of those in about 4 years ;).

We will look kickass with the shirts!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2003, 05:49:55 PM »
Hell yeah!  I will take three of the first round, so that should help.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2003, 06:49:29 PM »
I should be able to be there...and with a new t-shirt as well...those will be awesome.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2003, 01:07:38 PM »
umm jeez I feel bad for not driving my car now to support the team, but I'll at least be there...just riding down with Scott.  Can I order a RMCB5 baby t now Jay?  I'd wear it for sure if I could get it in time.

~Wen

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 01:14:32 PM »
Wendy,

Why don't you guys both drive?  You have those spiders you need to put on still!  You do still drive a Passat, right?

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2003, 03:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
umm jeez I feel bad for not driving my car now to support the team, but I'll at least be there...just riding down with Scott.  Can I order a RMCB5 baby t now Jay?  I'd wear it for sure if I could get it in time.

~Wen

Wendy, don't MAKE me kick your bad girl ass. You WILL drive your damn B5 with your super sweet license plate and spiders and REPRESENT! Not only for the club, but for the WOMEN, baby!!! Be a B5 sister and park your baby next to me. We'll hang our RMCB5 thongs from the rear view mirrors. ;)
MWJD?

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2003, 03:35:05 PM »
True I guess you guys are my familia...I'll try to adjust my plans and get the wheels on at least...um Mike can you help me get it clean?  8O  :roll:

~Wen

(Can you tell I felt guilty?  Totally caved...)

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2003, 03:43:28 PM »
YAY.. I didn't even have to start the brainwashing... your car is gonna look HOT with the Spiders...
MWJD?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2003, 03:46:34 PM »
Hell yeah they will look good.  I can see them now...Wendy, don't you already have the tires too?

You will notice such a big difference driving that you won't want to ever take them off again...

nuts4ninjas

• Stock
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2003, 08:26:56 PM »
Wendy IS going with you guys. And I have put a deadline on her Spiders (its before VWOTG) because I'm getting her suspension :wink: I think the thong is going to melt off the car is going to be sooo sick

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2003, 11:32:23 AM »
Quote from: "nuts4ninjas"
Wendy IS going with you guys. And I have put a deadline on her Spiders (its before VWOTG) because I'm getting her suspension :wink: I think the thong is going to melt off the car is going to be sooo sick

Sweet!  What's up Scott?  That is good news.  Her car has some serious potential!  Wendy, let me know if you want to have your tail painted before VOTG...You guys are going this Saturday, right?

nuts4ninjas

• Stock
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2003, 01:10:15 PM »
yup we are, I think I'm meeting wen at Pats house then jumping in her car and cruise'n baby!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2003, 09:36:39 PM »
So have we decided what time we are going to meet before going onto the grass?

I still have one more little thing to install on my car before the show. The gause rings that I got a while back off of one of those group buys. No biggy, but I did want to have at least something done.  :roll:

I just wish I had some new wheels like the rest of you bad boy cruisers.  :cry:  :(
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 12:32:40 PM »
Chas,

Good question.  I haven't been before so I don't know when a good time will be to meet up.  Do you guys think 8:30 would be too early or too late?

nuts4ninjas

• Stock
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2003, 04:23:56 PM »
I heard some other people talking about meeting up at 7:30 at some places...just FYI

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2003, 04:32:20 PM »
We should plan on getting there at 9 or as close to as possible so we can all be in together.  Depending onwhere we meet will depend on what time we meet. I say the Krispy Kreme at Quebec and County Line/C470, I'm sure though, that at least one other group will meet there.  Then again, we are all so obsessed with our cars that it might be cool to have some chit chat with others before heading down.

If we did that I'd say meet at 8, gives time for stragglers, leave at 8:30 or so, should take us 10-15 minutes to get there and get in line.

And since we know nothing ever occurs on time with our group, we might just time everything perfect ;).