Author Topic: PPIR Test and Tune  (Read 1482 times)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
PPIR Test and Tune
« on: August 30, 2004, 04:21:02 AM »
I went to the PPIR Test and Tune today, the last one of the year I think. Took the Golf out for a little track time and needless to say im impressed with how the car is progressing.
It was a great turn out too, lots of 360 Modena's, a pair of F40's, Vipers, S4's an RS4 and a 200 hp Mini with a supercharger. Also saw a GT3 and they also did a test and tune for a bunch of IRL cars.

All and all a good day no broken cars, or dead people.

Oh and their was a 550 hp Lambo Mercialago(sp) the only other things that could keep pace were the F40's.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 01:34:20 PM »
what the????

I never even knew about this!!!!!! Post up on 719 about crap like this so I can get it inthe calendar!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 01:34:20 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 02:03:18 PM »
Way to keep it to yourself Greg!  I was down there yesterday and would have loved to stop in and get a little track time in.

You suck!!!!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

GTIguy

• Stock
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 02:54:56 PM »
Quote from: "scott"
what the????

I never even knew about this!!!!!! Post up on 719 about crap like this so I can get it inthe calendar!

Ditto....
I probably would have went to this had I known about it  :P
itrous is like a really hot chick with STD's, you really want to hit it , but you're worried about the aftermath.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 04:10:28 PM »
Hey hey hey, I dident even know about it untill about 10 am yesterday. Otherwise I would have posted all over the place.

Fugazi

snickryder

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.SNYMO.com
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 04:15:40 PM »
I knew about it!   :-P  

If I hadn't been on pager duty all weekend I would have brought my SRT4 down.  So, I had to go down without a car, but I did get a couple of fun rides.  I was there to watch, but got conned into instructing.  Went out in a very modded URS4 and B5 S4.  The Audis do really well around PPIR.  The track is so smooth that the Quattro really helps.  

Greg, I saw your GTI, at least I think it was you, looks like it/you were doing pretty well.

Rumor has it there might be another open track day on Sunday, October 3rd at PPIR.  I'll keep people posted if you want.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the last SCCA regional races of the year are at Second Creek Raceway this weekend (4th and 5th).  We will be out with our ITS 944 and out ITE SRT4.  If you come out, stop by and say hi!  You can't miss our big red Snyder Motorsports trailer.  ;)

Rick
Rick Snyder | 2003 GTI VR6 | 1997 BMW M3 Sedan | www.Snymo.com

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
PPIR Test and Tune
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 04:20:37 PM »
Cool! I only did a couple of laps because we spent most of the day trying to rid the front of my car of this weird clunk. Still dont know what the hell it is...

I plan on doing alot of SCCA next year, should be very cool!

Let us know on that track day.

Fugazi