Author Topic: Next Year  (Read 2243 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Next Year
« on: September 03, 2004, 02:49:06 PM »
Okay, I'm soooo excited about what I have planned for next year, I just have to share it, so here goes. My vision for my dub next year!

So, I'll still have the CC's and smoked SM's, and tinted tails, but this'll hopefully be the look. Whaddya think? Oh yeah, and painted lowers too. :D
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
Next Year
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 02:25:15 AM »
1st - dont make it quite that low.

2nd - aim higher  ;-)

next year I need a new house with a bigger garage and a new toy:

I have definately got to get me one of those.   :cool:  :thumbsup:   :bigups:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Next Year
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 02:25:15 AM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Next Year
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 11:08:16 AM »
It's about time someone gave me some feedback. I was think about doing a project car, but with my ability to get to work easily (even without a car occasionally) and my wife getting a new car, I figured I'd just do my Passat.

I am tyring to find a suspension setup that will drop my car this low but provide me some ability at adjustment for winter if need be. We'll see. It's going to be quite the project though.

Thanks for the input. I definately agree with your new purchase.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Next Year
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 03:32:25 AM »
I'm not a fan of huge wheels that are tucked into the wheelwells.  Especially in Colorado where the streets are often in poor condition.
If you must go that low, than maybe an adjustable air suspension maybe your best bet to protect your painted lowers and to safely get over those dreaded SUV-sized speed bumps.

Also forgo the chrome wheels.  A bit to bling, IMO.  How about some high polished wheels -- they look pretty sharp without the problems of chrome plating (pitting, heavy coated look, durabiliy over time, etc.).  Have you considered some black wheels with a polished/chrome lip?  Those look pretty sporty and will look nice on your car (along with black painted calipers  :cool: )
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Next Year
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 04:09:06 PM »
Uuuhhhhh.....yeah.  What you been smokin' Jay? Is the radiation from watching all of that TV making your brain glow? If not, I want to make sure I never do whatever it is that you're doing!!!!!
Look officer, I really do own it......

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Next Year
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 11:42:24 AM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
If you must go that low, than maybe an adjustable air suspension maybe your best bet to protect your painted lowers and to safely get over those dreaded SUV-sized speed bumps.

What? You mean like hydraulics? or coilovers? Hydraulics would be pimp. Probably a little too much work though.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Next Year
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 12:58:41 PM »
what? You mean you don't want your ride bouncing like a ho' on crack?
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Next Year
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 01:57:27 PM »
I agree a bit too low.  Painted lowers will look good - planning on doing them myself in the spring.

And what ever you are smoking, you better share!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Next Year
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 02:18:33 PM »
LOL!

I had a pimptacular Pchop of my car like that too...very funny, but it would be impossible to drive here in CO like that.  As a matter of fact, your best bet would be coilovers or the ECS coilover kit if you want to be able to adjust them.

As for the painted lowers, one day I will get to this on mine too...too many projects and not enough time.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

RobD

• Modded
Next Year
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 09:48:51 AM »
JR - You need to airbag that ride.  Don't worry what the other say....you can start something new with the bling chrome wheels.

On a serious note, I was in Pueblo seeing account I sell to there and in the lot of one the account is a totally pimped out MK IV Jetta.  When I leave I asked who's ride it was and the buyer introduces me to this guy in the shop.  It had airbags so it dropped to the ground and he was rolling on 18" chrome. He was a nice guy and said he took a lot of heat for having chrome but that is what he liked.  He said he was at bug in and VWOG and won something at one of those shows (I cannot remember which award).  

It just reminded me of what you have Pchopped TJ.  If you really want more info on airbagging I could track him down for you ya.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Next Year
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 06:15:16 PM »
AIR-BAG IT!!!!!
that is all....
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!