Author Topic: Paintless Dent Removal  (Read 2234 times)

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
Paintless Dent Removal
« on: September 07, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »
I was accosted by a beggar on Friday night.

As two friends of mine and I were leaving a corner store this guy starts asking one of my friends over and over and over for money. He was told, fairly politely i might add, that he doesn't have fifty cents something like 8-12 times. We got into my car and the guy just stood outside staring at my car. I started pulling out and I remember saying something about how persistent he was and then I hear him yell, "F**KERS!" and the drunk sonofabitch kicked my car!

The damage is pretty minimal but certainly noticeable. He scuffed the paint and the dent is right below my passenger side rear window.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend someplace to get this dent removed. Like I said, it's not bad, but it's also not something I want to live with. I'm thinking some sort of paintless removal would work.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 02:13:35 PM »
you should have gotten out and begged for money from him to fix your car.

"Come on, I know you have $500 you can give me to fix then dent you put in my car you @#$%*#$%(!~?"
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 02:13:35 PM »

shummer

• Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 02:14:41 PM »
Give Jeremy a call at 303-880-3178. He goes by the screenname "stooby" on Audiworld. Pat had some hail damage done and I had two dents removed recently on my trunk lid. He was less than the normal shop price because he did it after hours.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 02:25:57 PM »
Quote from: "34k"
I was accosted by a beggar on Friday night.

As two friends of mine and I were leaving a corner store this guy starts asking one of my friends over and over and over for money. He was told, fairly politely i might add, that he doesn't have fifty cents something like 8-12 times. We got into my car and the guy just stood outside staring at my car. I started pulling out and I remember saying something about how persistent he was and then I hear him yell, "F**KERS!" and the drunk sonofabitch kicked my car!

The damage is pretty minimal but certainly noticeable. He scuffed the paint and the dent is right below my passenger side rear window.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend someplace to get this dent removed. Like I said, it's not bad, but it's also not something I want to live with. I'm thinking some sort of paintless removal would work.

:evil:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 02:27:44 PM »
Im sorry to hear that Andy, I can recomend an exelent shop but its in the springs of course. Let me know if your intristed.

I love your current avitar by the way right up their with the secret elbow. LOL
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:30:24 PM »
I am also very sorry to hear about this.  I hope you can get it out.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 05:54:19 PM »
Thanks a lot guys. This is the first real problem I've ever had with people asking for money getting out of hand.

I think the worst part is that I'm dealing with an aggressive, knee-jerk reaction to other people approaching me on the street looking for money now. I know it's COMPLETELY unfair to be prejudice, and I'm sure it will diminish over time but I hate feeling this way.

Honestly I resent the first guy all the more now; not only for the initial incident, but also for my persisting feelings of mistrust and anger that I get to carry around now.

This too shall pass, I know I'll let go of it eventually…
Andrew

2003 GTI
1992 GTI

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 08:41:20 PM »
I had a beggar (this one was very nice and polite) approach my car in front of my home one night.  
He told me his life story, most of it was probably made up, but I was amused applauded his animated story telling, so I gave him a dollar in change which he was extremely greatful and he blessed me and blessed my car too (my car's been through a lot so that was really nice).  
I immediately felt good karma.  :)

Andrew, in your case I would've gave that bum a good dose of whop-ass (actually, I keep bear-strength pepper spray in my glovebox for such situations  8O )
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 11:49:26 AM »
Sorry to hear about your car, and damaged trust towards our fellow man.  The bum, or homeless person predicament has allways bothered me.  I feel that most that ask truly are not in need.  Unfortunately though it still does not take away my sense of obligation to assist my fellow man when they are in trouble.  Are they telling the truth though??  I dont know.  Anyway, again man sorry to hear about the black beast getting dented that is really not cool.  Hope you can get it fixed for less than it would have cost to pay off the bum.....
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 07:44:01 PM »
Okay, so here's a NEW chapter to this stinking story...

I went over to Perry & Terry body shop today for lunch to get an estimate for the PDR work the bum gave me.
:evil:

Three of the guys who work there recognize me, first off probably because I'm not an easy person to forget :roll: and second because it seems like I'm back there once a month or so, picking up and dropping off Alan for his car and my own dealings with them over my first repair. One of the guys comes out to take a look with me and this older fellow comes up and says he just hit my car. Sure enough, rear bumper has two big through the paint scratches and my driver's side taillight is cracked. Quick estimate on the damage is $500.00

Good news is that the PDR should only be $50-60.

I think I'm just going to have P&T paint a big red and white target all over my car and get it over with...
Andrew

2003 GTI
1992 GTI

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 08:28:06 PM »
***sigh***
 :(

Sorry to hear it.  When it rains it poors.  Aren't these things supposed to happen in threes?  Look out!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 08:38:12 PM »
Yeah, but was it his fault?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

• Heavily Modded
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 08:44:29 PM »
So far, none of them have been, unless my friend telling the bum that he doesn't have fifty cents is just cause?

First one was a hit and run, destroyed the drivers side mirror and dented the door to the tune of $870, second was the bum, third was this. All inside the seven months I've owned it.

Can I be excused from accidents for a little while, pretty please?
Andrew

2003 GTI
1992 GTI

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 01:01:28 AM »
Man, what the heck is going on around here!  Andrew, I am very sorry to hear about your car, I truly know how it feels because I am still dealing with my stupid paint chipping incident from a couple months ago!  I guess there is some great reason for all of this...

J
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

gragravar

• Supercar
Paintless Dent Removal
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 01:09:20 AM »
that is scarry to have all that happen to your car in such a short time.  bummer man.  sounds like at least you have gotten your rule of three out of the way.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein