Author Topic: Wheel repair shops?  (Read 1916 times)

RobD

• Modded
Wheel repair shops?
« on: September 13, 2004, 09:38:02 AM »
Anyone know of a decent local shop to get an estimate for wheel curbish repair?  I'm seriously looking at Dave's wheels for sale since I found a decent deal on 18" rubber.  I just wondered how much it might take to fix the little bit of curb rash on one or two wheels.

Thanks
Rob

gragravar

• Supercar
Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:38:03 PM »
lots of the Audi world folks recommend a place in Denver called Woody's.  On santa fe I believe.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 12:38:03 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 12:55:21 PM »
Rob,
Keep in mind you can buy a new 18" Artic for $150.  Of course, you'd have to pay shipping, too.

On another note, I'm going to pick up my new golf clubs in a few minutes.  Woot woot!  =D
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

madigan

• Modded
Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 05:14:32 PM »
I had my 19's fixed and refinished at Spec Wheels in Commerce City (303.853.9978), but I don't really reccommed them. They are very nice people and were great to deal with, but after having the wheels a year, the finish isn't holding up very well. :-(

I know for a fact that Woody's does polishing and refinishing on those lips. (303.936.0232) They are located at 2225 S. Platte River Drive West...

You're probably looking at about $100 per wheel to fix, anywhere you go though. That's just the standard rate these days... Hopefully it will be less, but ...

Pat does have a vaild point. You can get a new wheel for only $150... just something to think about.
mad wagon

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 05:23:46 PM »
I agree with the new price per wheel.  You could use the scuffed for a spare incase the event of another getting damaged.  Just my $.02.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Wheel repair shops?
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 01:46:24 PM »
I remember seeing a place next to Meadow Creek Tire (on Broadway north of the city), it's called the Wheel Exchange and they do repairs/refinishing of OEM and aftermarket wheels.  
I don't know if they are good or not.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50