Author Topic: Clutch install pics(finaly)  (Read 1034 times)

the_russian

• Stock
Clutch install pics(finaly)
« on: September 20, 2004, 09:03:31 PM »
So about a month ago my clutch went out and i went ahead and got a OEM german clutch. SO then i thought " OK i'll just pay them $650 and be on my way the next day"...YEAH, RIGHT  :?  So when they got it apart they told me that the flywheel can't be resefaced and i need a new one...OK...So then first i order from ATP two days later the call me telling they don't have it in stock...Ok :x ...So i order it from somebody else( i can't remember) ...well theydid a little better, they called me only after two hours saying they don't have it...Ok :evil: So then i found this website UltraRev.com and they have one left so i got it... By the way very good company, good costumer service ( the dude i tlked to hooked me up caz i payed for 3 day and he got i here on second day early in the mourning, which was i think like 10 bux more) So anyways exactly a week after i left the car at the shop i got it back and bearly made it to the track... that's why i was so late (for those who was there)

So here are some pics from the instal and in general:

My car being teared apart :(

Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel

Flywheel on the car

The clutch

Just pics of what i've done so far(i'll put them in Member's Rides section):

My custom made(Ghetto rigged) intake

Back front grill(i spend 7 hours sanding and preping that b**ch)

Here's my boost gauge...the gauge pod is made out of a drain pipe...turned out it has a perfect diameter...and the boost gauge was 12.99 on ebay

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 09:20:38 PM »
Nice. And that is one pretty flywheel. I love new, shiny car parts :)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 09:20:38 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »
Nice!  You did the clutch yourself?  I am gonna pay someone to do mine after the ordeal Chas went through...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

the_russian

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 03:25:14 AM »
No i had the Lafayette Meineke shop do it... i noticed that they do job just as good as any specialized shop but WAY cheaper...i'm talking about general stuff like clutch, exhaust and whatnot....But i was there like every moment when he was working on it and i realized that it's not all that hard to do.

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 02:47:09 PM »
Looks like you had a nice install.  Congrats.

The job itself isnt hard.  Its just tedious.  When we did mine we went to the trouble of removing the axles as we thought it would be easier to to.  This added about 2 hours onto our time.  It was nice though because the place I went to do it was at the local dealership.  A buddy I know is a certified VW tech, fresh out of VW Tech school, and he just turned 20.  Come to find out.. the dealership didnt know we were doing it on a Saturday and he was told NEVER to do any major work like that in the shop again.  Its too bad, because the dealer lost out of about $800 worth in labor.

Steve