Author Topic: suspension and snow tires *pics*  (Read 1498 times)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
suspension and snow tires *pics*
« on: October 31, 2004, 01:33:13 AM »
Thanks again to Jon for the help and use of the garage for my suspension install. I just had my snows put on today and decided to take some pics of both upgrades at once.

Suspension: Koni coilovers rear: 2" (of thread - highest setting), front: 1.5" *winter mode* :D

spring shot:

underside shot of front coilover assembly:

Snows! Gislaved EuroFrost 2 directional snow tires:

Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 08:14:48 AM »
looks good Charles.  I could have used your help on Thursday with my coil overs...I had the same problem we had on yours with adjusting the height.  It took me 2 hours to adjust just one corner.  The others were really easy, turned by hand, but one was just not moving...what a pain.

How do you like those snows?  I put some dolop graspic ds2's on mine, but they are kinda soft in the side wall, but I can't complain too much, they were dirt cheap.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 08:14:48 AM »

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:42:07 PM »
those Dunlops are exactly what i had on my infiniti - they were great in the snow and ice but got a little shaky on grooved pavement. I think i paid $55 a corner for mine, so yeah, can't complain about the price!!

These Gislaveds seem good so far on dry pavement - maybe i'll get to try them out in some white stuff sometime soon...
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM