Author Topic: iRiver mp3 player installed!!!  (Read 1995 times)

Chas

• Modded
iRiver mp3 player installed!!!
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:59:08 AM »
Well I've been wanting one of these cool little iPod like things for a while and last week I finally went out and got one. It's just too cool! I already had the way too expensive headphones for work. I just used my second set of Sony 7506 HP's to have some fun with the player.

But what really got me going was hooking this thing up to the Pioneer HU in my car! The only other thing I needed to make this all come true was a small piece from Pioneer. It's called a IP-BUS Interconnector. It has a left and right RCA input for any Auxillery device that you want to pump through your HU. It hooks up to the port for the Pioneer CD changer. The darn HU is already a CD player and with this mp3 player, I can hold my music than any CD changer ever created!

Anyhow, it way cool! And the darn thing has a built in digital FM tuner. Again, way cool!!

So I mounted it in a spot that I can reach from the drivers seat, but not so close that it would be in my way. It's to the right of the center control panel. It's completely removable if I ever want to take it out and there is no permanent damage to any of the main parts. I'd just need a couple new blanking plate covers to return it to stock. I used the leather case that comes with the unit to help hold it in place. The mount is a thin plate of steel bent to fit between the two right lower switch blanks next to the radio. The leather pouch has a belt loop on the back that the plate slides right into. Very simple and effective. The wire running to the radio passes through one of the blanking covers and into the BUS Interconnector.

Anyhow, on to the pictures!

Small, isn't it?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  
OK, that's really my mixer with the 4 wireless recievers. I tell people all the time I have $20K dollars worth of sound equipment in my trunk. Are they sure disappointed when I show them... :cry:  :wink:

And the really cool little, full function remote. I didn't think that this would be very useful at first, but after I finished the install, I found that it could be very handy while driving and looking for a new song to listen to.

At the moment I only have 185 songs loaded into the unit. But it's a matter of time before I have my entire CD collection right at my finger tips to play any song in a few seconds. It's that fast!  And the sound is great. The iRiver has very nice EQ system built into it. Add that to the sound enhancement capabilities of the Pioneer HU and the output is killer. Now I just need that sub in the trunk and I'm set.

Well... that and the PS2 and couple of headrest monitors and THEN I'm done... well, errr...  :roll:  :wink:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 03:04:41 AM »
Problem solved, thanks Jay!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 03:04:41 AM »

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:05:38 AM »
Comment editted for Jay. It was a joke man.  :(
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 03:22:11 AM »
I responded to your PM, thanks for the nice comments.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 03:29:00 AM »
Jay, You took it the wrong way. I was just yanking your chain a little. I meant nothing by it.

I'll remove the comment if you want me to.

Thanks for the help.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 12:04:07 PM »
Yeah...Chas and I were talking about the PS2 yesterday...I told him I wanted a DVD...he said get a PS2...it does both...duh. Why didn't I think of that?

From seeing it, his IRiver is WAY COOL. I'd get one if I had his kind of money:wink: But it's not NEARLY as cool as the rocking chair he's currently working on.

I'm stoked that you got that in Chas...it's way cool! :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 12:18:22 PM »
that is a nice looking install.  That remote is a very nice addition.  without one, looking for a new song is a PITA while driving.  Since I don't have a remote I try to keep myself to FF/next song and REV/back functions while driving.

that means my passenger has way too many chances to be the one picking the selections.  Kind of the in-car equivalent of handing your wife the remote to the TV.  :roll:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein