Author Topic: Interior LED Lighting  (Read 3633 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Interior LED Lighting
« on: September 24, 2004, 12:47:24 PM »
I finally replaced the rest of my interior lights with LEDs. I did blue all the way around including door puddle lights and white for the visor mirrors.

Tish commented on it last night on the way to the concert while applying make-up. She LOVED the white LEDs. She said she could see herself and it makes her skin look GREAT! She even used it as a reading light on the way home. :D

Guys, need I say more?? Even if you're single, I think this will score you a few points...or just make up for the high speed corner you just took. Definately a mod for the married guys. :wink:

I did run into a few problems which I posted in the maintainence forum as far as bulb replacement goes.

The lights are way cool and really add the effect of the "modded" car. Not to mention highlighting all my chrome trim 8)

all LED's were purchased from 42draftdesigns and endorsed by me
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:55:47 PM »
I did the same thing a few months ago -- a really cool look (I used white LEDs which is similar to really bright moonlight).

I also used it for my glovebox and used red LEDs for my rear license plate lights (my thick chrome plate frame/cover blocks direct lighting so all you see is a thin red glow between the lip and the frame).

Because the beam of LED bulbs are directional, they don't utilize the reflectors in the housings so the light is not as bright and diffuse as regular bulbs -- but I still like it.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:55:47 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »
I agree it's a very cool look. Overall, i'm really happy with it. I changed my rear plate lights out with blue condomed ones. With the diffused blue and the reflectors in the housing, it looks like my bulbs are color matched to my car's body color. Looks very nice.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 04:25:19 PM »
Anybody have a write up on how to do this? I have a ton of LED's and want to experiment with what looks good.
Let me know guys. Any pics?  
Matt  :lol:
att

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 04:51:13 PM »
When I did it, I just replaced all the existing lights with the same model but the LED version from 42DD. It's pimp

Now I do plan adding floor lighting as well as door handles and there is a write up on CB5 in the Install section for that.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics, it's pimp though...way cool.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Kelly

• Stock
    • http://www.llewsirc.com
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 06:24:15 PM »
any pics?
URL=http://www.llewsirc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=251]I HAVE A TOWNHOUSE FOR SALE IN COLORADO SPRINGS.. BUY IT!![/URL]

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
I'm sorry I don't have any pics, it's pimp though...way cool.
att

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 07:44:05 PM »
I'm sorry guys...I suck. I don't have a digital camera and I'm never really around anyone who does....I'll try to get some up soon.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gnuts

• n00balicious
Re: Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Those LEDs work great I did my license plates, and they stand out vreally nice. ???

redline

• Modded
  • Photographer
    • my Flickr
Re: Interior LED Lighting
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
I love those LED's. It took some experimentation before I knew what fit in my car though. I got white all around.

If you want some pics, 42DD has some pics up on their site.
http://www.42draftdesigns.com/categories/products/leds_photogallery.htm
This is Mike Selander and I approve this message.