Author Topic: --- Site Move Information ---  (Read 1950 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
--- Site Move Information ---
« on: May 13, 2003, 03:35:09 PM »
It looks like all the DNS updates are done and everyone is successfully hitting the site...yay!

Please reply to this post with anything you notice that was working fine with the previous host (me) and is no good now.

Here are a list of issues I need to address in order of importance:

-- Gallery --
There is an issue with the Gallery right now that is frustrating me to no extent, basically some (almost half) of the albums are not being read by the software and it looks like I may need to just manually re-create these albums.  I am working as quickly as I can at a resolution for this, I didn't realize the "seamless" move of the Gallery would have so many cracks in it. This also affects the Random Photo Block.

-- Forum Jump Box --
At the bottom of the Forum, this is an issue that has plagued us since I started using the portal system and the ported version of PHPBB2.  This will require at least a few hours of tracking down where the problem lies in the code and fixing it, I just need to find the time to do it.

Other than those two items I don't believe there are any pressing issues. I am looking into adding some sort of Chat since we have such a large amount of bandwith avalable to us each month.  It is a low priority, but if I come across something quick and dirty that will work it may jump up that list.

Again, please post here if anything is different (in a bad way) since the site has moved.

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 02:36:46 PM »
Jay, what's the problem with Gallery?  I would have expected it to simply be copied over and work as long as it was set up for the new server.  But then again, I haven't embedded it in a web site.

Good luck!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 02:36:46 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 03:14:24 PM »
Well it is supposed to be that easy, but there is a problem where it is rejecting certain albums, about half of them.  Since Gallery currently does not use a database for storing information (the original reason I started using it) there is the potential for corruption of the dat and lock files that store the album and picture information.

I had it running temporarily and it was fast and somewhat easy to upload, but then it started giving me gried on uploading pictures of a certain size.  I need to take a look at a few other things for that, but it looks lto be a real pain to get all the albums working again.  I may just see what is what on the old server and manually rebuild the albums.

Gallery 2 I think will use a db or allow you to which in this case will make it much easier.

EDIT: FYI, Gallery is designed to work in this Nuke portal environment which is pretty slick.

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 03:35:48 PM »
Yes, I know there has been much success in embeding in Nuke.  I think that's one of the reasons it's so popular.

G2 will be database based.  I hope it will be just as easy to use and install.  I've had problems before, but they somehow fixed themselves.  I think it was during one of their version updates which changed some of the layout.