Author Topic: Got to drive a Stage II+ allroad!  (Read 1440 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Got to drive a Stage II+ allroad!
« on: October 06, 2004, 04:28:27 PM »
Now my desire for mods grows bigger. Last night I got together again with some NorCal allroad guys from Audiworld while I am out here for work. DanFarmer, Dr Quattro, UberAR, and Itacud and I went up to Alices resturant on Skyline Drive. Dan kindly let me dive his Stage II+ allroad up the hill. His car has a GIAC chip, Exhaust, downpipes, FMIC, DTS, Toyguy short shifter, A-pillar boost guage, 18" Oz supperlegras, H-sport sway bars and big brake kit. It is hard to believe all the work that has gone into that car. It is in a word Awesome. it handles well, shifts great, is FAST, and is the best sounding AR I have heard (Particularly when you are following it).

On the way down we stopped for some race gas, then I got to drive Dr Quattro's Stage I allroad. His mods are nearly identical to mine, but he has a chip (sorry - DiPP), so it was a good comparison for me to see what my car would be like with that next step.

It was a good evening!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 04:31:08 PM »
Nice! I've never driven anything faster than my pop's 944 Turbo. I think he was only pushing about 250hp or so.

I need to drive Jon's AR sometime! hehehe...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 04:31:08 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 05:41:13 PM »
it's not that fast, just kinda fast!!!  I can only imagine what that stage II+ was like.

now I want milltek for the allroad....maybe an early holiday present for myslef, hehe.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 06:28:56 PM »
Just installed Millitek on my 1.8t Golf.  Incredible.  Sounds great, and my turbo spools up reall quick.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 02:41:15 AM »
that would be nice.

After the drive, I need, in order -

GIAC DiPP program
710N's
DTS
Brake upgrade
MTM exhaust
LaBree Downpipes
FMIC

Then if I decide to go Big:
a pair of KO4's and some Sportec custom tuning.

I could use 440 hp at the wheels!    8)

Anyone have a spare $12K I can use?

Maybe I should just go to stage 1 then buy an Elise and start moding it.  Or Jim's 996....  Decisions.  Any ideas how to explain this adiction to my wife?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »
get her a big diamond or something first, something she really wants, then get something for yourself....

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 01:10:33 PM »
That only works for so long Jon. Too expensive and not enough money gets spent on the really important things.
You know, chips, FMIC, DVs, you know, the other good stuff!! :smile:

Besides, "They" are smarter than that...
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 08:56:53 PM »
Yes they have eyes in the back of their heads and only pick up the phone to talk when we are around, otherwise they just don't need it to talk to people.  Scary really.

I just wanted an excuse to post this pic again.  Jon, Andrew, you guys heading towards this?

You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 11:53:32 AM »
:o

I plan to keep mine a little more stealth than that.  Maybe just as fast, but the sleeper look has kept me out of trouble many times.   :wink:

this is as close as I have come to that look: