Author Topic: It's just not RIGHT!!  (Read 892 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
It's just not RIGHT!!
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:51:49 AM »
I'm here watching The Speed Channel again and I'm angry and upset and well, yeah.

The little red '63 Mini Cooper on The Italian Job (the older one that Charlize Theron drives). Well, the studio sold it.

The show is Car-Search. A competition of teams give $100K to buy three cars and then have a benefit auction...the team that makes the most money off the auction wins.

Well, one team bought the Mini Cooper. They the studio's just want to get rid of stuff and don't really care how much they get for it :roll: The part that makes me upset is that the team bought the COMPLETELY redone old school Mini: engine, interior, EVERYTHING modded and VERY cool and PERFECT. Well, the studio sold it for....

....$5,000.00 !!!!!!!! 8O

I need to hit up some movie connections. I had a couple :wink: Hehehe. You shoulda' seen some of the other cars in the studio's garage :twisted: LOTS of NICE cars!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
It's just not RIGHT!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 12:20:51 PM »
I would have loved to add that to my collection.  That is my next car, one I can "work" on....and restore....a classic Mini Cooper.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

It's just not RIGHT!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 12:20:51 PM »

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
It's just not RIGHT!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 02:05:59 PM »
If i thought there was a chance in hell I could fit, through modifications etc, I would LOVE to have a classic Mini. I was standing next to one in a parking lot last night on the way home from the track  and I'm just not sold on the feasibility.

The looks on people's faces when i got out or in one of those would be priceless ;)

"how the hell did he get into that car. it barely came up to his knee?!"
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
It's just not RIGHT!!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 03:22:41 PM »
All you would need to add is a moonroof.  O, and maybe some goggles.  :)
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

Freeride

• Lightly Modded
    • myspace
It's just not RIGHT!!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 05:03:55 PM »
I think there was something shady about that entry, and the sell price...  Wasn't really paying attetion, but I think it was DQ'd...

You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N...