Author Topic: Okay, another observation  (Read 1669 times)

Rascal

• Stock
Okay, another observation
« on: May 27, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »
This time it's true!  I've noticed the past few months that many products in the grocery store are slowly getting smaller with the price staying the same.  I noticed this after diapers had 10% less with no reduction in price.  I also noticed, where I would almost automatically buy a larger size to get cheaper unit price, this also is not true all the time.  Buyer be aware!

Okay, my mind is fried.  Work is frustrating right now....  It's not a happy (fake) Monday.  
 :x

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:11:08 PM »
This is true, you should always be concious of what you are buying, or shall I say re-buying.  Goods that are bought over and over by consumers tend to get skimpy until people catch on.  Send in some letters.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 05:11:08 PM »

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 05:38:14 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one using the price indexing or unit price amounts. Have to do some quick math in my head when buying toilet paper and stuff.

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 05:42:28 PM »
Yes, the unit prices at the grocery store are helpful.  That's how I noticed buying smaller packages is actually cheaper than buying quantity packages.  But sometimes they are inconsistent.  I'll complain if say some cheese single slides are listed by the oz. and other per each.  If I remember correctly, cereal boxes have gotten smaller as well.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 05:57:28 PM »
It's all cyclical, when the economy picks up again and costs go back down then you will get more bang for the buck.