Author Topic: Hey  (Read 3373 times)

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« on: October 28, 2004, 04:51:03 AM »
Hey guys/girlswhat up.  I just got back fom Afghan and got out of the military and bought me a used B5.5 V6 4motion.  I put a K%N and tinted the windows but it needs alot more than that.  The problem is I cant find any thing for the dame thing.  I just moved back to Colorado Springs so if any one can help me out it would apprecate it alot.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hey
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 07:10:57 AM »
What are  you looking for?  There are a ton of options for your car.  There are springs/shocks available, and some engine upgrades, including snub mounts, light weight pulleys, etc.  You have a K&N, which is a good start.  Exterior there are upgrades and many options.

give us an idea what you are having trouble finding, and we can help you out with links or suggestions.

And welcome to our site, we have a couple of members down in the Springs area.

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Hey
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 07:10:57 AM »

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:03:41 PM »
Well, I am looking for engine upgrades.  It is a spunky little engine but for a V6 it needs alittle more than 190bhp!  Exterior option would be great as well.  A new front grill and some clear rear tail lights.  The hardest thing to find is some sort of exhuast system for it.  Every buddy just offers stuff for the 1.8T  The 4motion has dual pipes that run in to a singel CAT then split back to dual pipes and mufflers.  I want this thing to sound deeper then Barry White.
Dave

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hey
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 03:00:14 PM »
there is not much for the 2.8V6 since it is normally aspirated.  You can add a suprecharger to it, I think PES might have one, but they are costly, and are not intercooled.  There is an Audi guy that has one on his V6 A4, pretty amazing.  As far as chips, not much gains for the money.

have you looked at www.stratmosphere.com, they sell milltek exhaust and do one for the 2.7T, maybe they have one that matches what you need. I believe they have one for the Audi 2.8 V6, so maybe they have it for your car.  Milltek is a great option, I have one of their systems, and there are other people that have it here for the 1.8T.  It is low, loud, but not obnoxious.

As far as clear tails for the B5.5, I have seen very few options, but the ones I have seen look horribly ricey, but they are out there.  Grills are available through several companies.  UberGrrl has one on her B5.5, and it looks tight.  I can not remember who made it.  It is in her profile at www.clubb5.com though, so you can go over there and look in the rocky mountain regional forum and see how that looks.  and you can also look into the gallery section here and find a pic of it.

here is the quickest one I could find, but her car is REALLY dirty, hehe.

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Hey
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 03:16:14 PM »
The grille pictured above is a Kamei(sp?)

Oh and welcome to the club...

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
Hey
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 03:30:36 PM »
That's a Kamei grill. There area  bunch out there. But that's one of my fav's.

Welcome to the club, and welcome home!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 03:35:32 PM »
Thanks guys that gives me a start.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Hey
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 03:37:34 PM »
Thanks for fighting for us.  Welcome.  Hope you get your car running the way you want to.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
Hey
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:06 PM »
http://www.tmtuning.com/

They have tons of body stuff including several very nice grills.
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

madigan

• Modded
Hey
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 04:21:40 PM »
What is the fascination with clear taillights???

Anyway, that's the beauty of the Passat... you can't go to your local Pep Boys or Checker and buy parts for your Passat. If you could, everyone else would do the same and we'd all be driving Civics!

You've purchased a fine German automobile. Keep it stylish and elegant and dress it with class. ClubB5 is an excellent resource for more information.

Good luck!
mad wagon

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 07:02:23 PM »
It is just something diffrent for the car.  But after reading what yu said I went out and took another look and you know the Tail lights already look pretty cool on the B5.5 so I think I will skip over that little item.  34K thanks for the tip on the web sit already found some stuff that is on the ol' Christmas list, let hope the Fiance gets me some of it.

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
Hey
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 03:12:19 AM »
sorry it took me so long....WELCOME!

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Hey
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 03:14:54 AM »
Welcome to the CULT Dave!!

SuperSprint Make an exhaust for your V6 and is you have the $$ the PES Super Charger is amazing.  I would look up Julian Fang on ClubB5 and look at his car.  I have gone head to head with it and it is amazing.

Hope to see you soon at a GTG.

On a personal note...  Thanks for your service in the line of fire!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 03:06:46 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  If I dont have to work tomorrow I will be up at Fado's.  Like to drink a beer and see all the cars.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Hey
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 03:42:19 PM »
Sweet. Nothing like winterized VAGS! What branch are you in? I have family in the AF.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

B5.5Dave01

• n00balicious
Hey
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 03:13:57 PM »
Just got out of Active Duty Air Force and switched over to Colorado Air National Guard.  So I will be up at Buckley this weekend.  Well, I got to go give the car a bath.  I forgot how dirty they get after a snow storm