Author Topic: Realtor suggestions? Need to find a place by September...  (Read 2649 times)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Realtor suggestions? Need to find a place by September...
« on: July 01, 2005, 03:36:39 PM »
I'm attempting to get out of my apartment this year and get into something in the non-rent category. I don't have much to spend on it (hey, I work for the state of CO ferchrissakes!), but would be perfectly happy in a condo/townhome or whatever as long as it has a GARAGE. :D

I have some other requirements too, like A/C and 2 bedrooms, but garage is at the top of the list.

I'll be talking with some friends of mine that buy/sell/rent houses all the time so will get some input from that end, but also wanted to know if anyone on here had some suggestions or knew of a good realtor to talk to. I'm a total n00b at this!  :roll:
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 03:40:23 PM »
I can put you in contact with my guy...I like him, he is selling both of our houses and then helping us to find a new one next spring.

Either that or contact Mark Bradley here on the board, I believe he is a Realtor, "coloradomark"

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 03:40:23 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 03:41:21 PM »
The realtor we worked with was AWESOME. She is gung ho and really busts her ass for YOU. She is a great buyers agent. Coincidentally she is the aunt of a couple of my friends.

If you want her contact information drop me a PM and I'll get it for you.

Also, she is really good about helping you find areas and places that you want to live. Her only requirement is that you are pre-qual or pre-approved prior to starting your business relationship.

Rates just jumped today, but there is talk that there may be a good decrease coming later this quarter or 4th quarter.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 03:41:56 PM »
BTW...we are selling  Betsy's town house, 3 bedroom, 3 bath, basement, AC, recently remodeled, and a 2 car garage.  It is in South Part off of Santa Fe and Mineral, right next to the light rail station there.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 03:42:53 PM »
Also, you could contact the MIA UberGrrl who as I last understand is a RE Agent now.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 03:45:50 PM »
I know of a few real estate agents. One who is fairly new to the business, but easy to work with. One who has been doing it for many years and is very successful. If you want some more references, feel free to let me know, and I'll give you info.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 03:46:29 PM »
Thanks everyone - I'll PM sometime and get info from you.

hmmmm - light rail station... mmmmmmm, that would be nice. But I'd hate being so far from Evan's school and stuff which is up in Westy. Because of that, I'm looking for something in Broomfield or along the 36 corridor (good bus routes/park-n-rides).

Betsy's townhouse sounds like a nice place, but it's probably out of my price range.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 03:51:10 PM »
we are looking at $205K for her place, it is actually very big, one of the biggest in the complex.

You should definitely contact Amanda, if not her, her family is in realestate.....and they do a flat rate thing, great for saving money.

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 03:59:37 PM »
PM sent regarding realtor info. If you are ever interested in a place in Littleton near Cole (C-470 and Kipling), then let me know. My co-worker is selling his place for around $160K.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 03:59:40 PM »
I've got a great realtor. But everyone who's had a good experience with a realtor will recommend theirs, so PM me if you want info otherwise, good luck!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:00:07 PM »
Buying a house is a great thing.  My old place is finally under contract, so I won't push you toward that.   :wink:

The realtor I used was pretty good too. be happy to set you up with him if you like.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 04:33:39 PM »
I have a great guy that has helped lots of my clients. He does good work and I trust him.  I don't have my palm in front of me but you can look up Scott Byer at Metro Brokers.

If you would be willing to move to this end of town I will make you a good deal on my Condo. (Close to light rail too)

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 12:28:54 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
I can put you in contact with my guy...I like him, he is selling both of our houses and then helping us to find a new one next spring.

Either that or contact Mark Bradley here on the board, I believe he is a Realtor, "coloradomark"

Thanks for the thought jon, but all I do is commercial and investment real estate. God luck Cole.

Vanimaniac

• Stock
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 03:45:39 AM »
My guy did everything for me. All I had to do was show up and sign on the dotted line.

There is all kind of housing popping up in Broomfield and that whole area. I bet you should be able to find what you need. Good luck!

Hmm, wonder if there are any 2 bedroom/4 car garages out there?  :P

Van
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005, 11:46:42 AM »
Finding an agent that is active in the area where you are looking helps a lot.  My mother was a realtor back in WI and she had a lot of advice when I was looking.  I had a different methodology though, and that led to some friction.
She was all about looking at lots of houses all over the place and seeing what I liked.  I was more interested in finding areas in which I wanted to live (and could afford) and seeing what was available there.  I think in general people look farther away from work than they should and then learn to love the commute, which could be good or bad.  I also spent a good amount of time driving around the neighborhoods I was considering late in the evening and in the morning, to see what the traffic was like and if there were lots of yahoos showing off their trucks and bikes at midnight, that sort of thing.  I would get up early and test drive the commute from a prospective neighborhood, that was a real eye-opener.  Commuting costs money as well as time.
Some places also have maps that show the locations of crimes (check the dept. of public Saftey website) also a handy tool.  You might also find the local cop hangout and ask about the areas you are considering.  If you are looking at townhomes/condos they probably know the troublesome ones.

My experience with realtors overall is not great.  Generally they are nice but do not get the impression they are trying to help you.  They want you to buy a house without too much hassle.  They will do stuff like show you four houses you won't like and then show you the one they want you to buy.  They earn their living and work hard, and yes you can have a realtor 'working for you' but remember the sooner they get you to buy something the sooner they can move on to the next client and the more time they can spend with their family.  If you have someone who can read the contracts with you and stuff, you can get away with working with the listing agent only and getting them to set aside most if not all of the sales commission (they very, very rarely get the listing and the sales commission.)

For sale by owners I have not found to be much cheaper, the seller usually wants to pocket the listing commission and they often seem to be in no hurry to sell.

If you want to blast around looking at neighborhoods sometime let me know.  I looked at a bunch in Broomfield (tried to buy one there too but lost it.)  You can learn a lot driving around and maybe looking at an open house or two.   It's easier if you have a wheel man.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 05:13:20 PM »
My experience w/ buying two homes and selling one is the buying realtor earns their money while the selling realtor does jack squat.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 03:27:50 PM »
If you are looking at buying a place in downtown, I highly recommend my agent, Lee Ann Neilson.  She's with Kentwood City Properties (you could search their listings at www.kentwoodcity.com), and they specialize in homes (mostly condos and lofts) in the downtown area.  Their office is across the street from Union Station in LoDo.
Lee Ann is currently selling a unit on my floor which is currently vacant.

She helped me find my loft and managed to do a 5-day closing (I had to move fast) and negotiated a good price -- she handled everything as I was living in Carbondale at the time.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50