Author Topic: Body shop input?  (Read 1659 times)

Rascal

• Stock
Body shop input?
« on: June 04, 2003, 05:02:25 PM »
Well, I don't know if this belongs here, but I need any input folks have on the following shops.  A lady rear-ended my wife at a stop light and punctured some small holes (too small for the wife to really care about) in the rear bumper with her license plate.  The punctures in the non-painted part, but I suspect the cover is one piece and will need to be painted.

The shops that State Farm suggested are:
Hank's Auto Body - Lafayette
Exotic Body by Jim - Larayette
Sharp Color
Northglenn Auto Body

If you know of any State Farm shops in Boulder, let me know and I'll ask.  They only gave me locations between Boulder and Broomfield.

Thanks!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Body shop input?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 06:25:16 PM »
Yes, but since you were hit I don't think you have to go to their shops.  You can go to anyone you want.

Had your wife backed into something and you had to claim against your own insurance you would have to probably go with the shop recommendation.

I don't think I want Hanks Auto Repair touching my car, sounds like somehting from the Simpsons.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Body shop input?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 06:25:16 PM »

Rascal

• Stock
Body shop input?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 10:15:48 PM »
Jay,  :D  re: Hank's Auto.

I have to go to particular shops which would automate the process of evaluating the damage and getting the work done.  If this ladie's insurance is going to pay for repairs, they'll want it done at a "certified" location.  I'd rather save that hassle, and find a good shop that they approve of.