Author Topic: i need a clutch! help please  (Read 1480 times)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
i need a clutch! help please
« on: June 02, 2003, 10:30:12 PM »
ok i am finding a hell of a time locating a seroiusly strong clamping clutch and LW fly for my 98 A4 1.8tQ.....needs to handel at least 300whp to suit my needs down the road.....i know AWE has a stage 2 that will work, but it is $1000.00

i drive very agressive so i when i am pushing 250whp, i will need the extra strength to hold it down.....my stock clutch is pretty much toast, and will be needing one in the next 1k miles if that many. so why not do some serious upgrading while i am at it.

so please help me find a Racing Clutch w/ LW Fly for my car for less than the AWE tuning one...i have the $$ for that clutch, but did not want to spend that much....

HELP!!!
THANKS
~Mike
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:38:31 PM »
I think Chas has a heavy duty clutch, might want to PM him or drop him a line.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:38:31 PM »

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 03:01:57 AM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I think Chas has a heavy duty clutch, might want to PM him or drop him a line.

Errrr, no, I don't. I have an upgraded form stock clutch, but no heavy duty unit in my car. I installed a Sachs clutch and have been real happy with it.

If you want a nasty monster clutch you need to look up a guy named Juan Mendoza. He hasa company called Werks of Art. He makes nasty, heavy duty clutchs and other cool goodies for Passats and A4's. He owns a 1.8T A4 and uses it as the test mule for his stuff. Do a search at CB5 and I'm sure you'll find him. His stuff reallt rocks!!!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!