Author Topic: What would you guys think...  (Read 3290 times)

Kenny Payne

• n00balicious
What would you guys think...
« on: November 22, 2004, 07:40:08 PM »
of road-tripping to Minnesota for the '05 National GTG?

Rusty recently visited Minnesota to take a spirited drive along the Mississippi River Valley. He enjoyed the roads and the scenery so much that he suggested that we host the National GTG in '05.  Fran (fluid) and I are definately into hosting it. And we'll probably coerce Chris Herman (Pass-Variant) into cooking! You guys need a break anyway! :lol:

The route we take ends up being over 200 miles of twisties. Its quite a drive, and most often, we have these roads all to ourselves.

Let me know what you think, because it wouldn't be a CB5 National GTG without the Outlaws!

Thanks,

Kenny
enny Payne
99 Wett/MTM Stage 2
92 Corrado SLC
86 944 Turbo Scary Fast

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:02:42 PM »
I would say, schedule pending, I'm in..my wife too in her new ride ;)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:02:42 PM »

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 08:11:23 PM »
how much of a road trip are we talkin about here? Where in Minnesota?

I'd prolly be up for it as long as I didn't have to take too many days off work... would be a fun trip!
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 08:14:01 PM »
Kenny,

What time of year are you thinking? My wife is due with our second child end of April. I'm thinking I could make this an excuse to drive out there for her to visit her family and for me to go on the drives. Your drives rock even without a track!

Kenny Payne

• n00balicious
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 08:27:24 PM »
Andrew, if it means you can make it, we'll schedule it accordingly. We have to be careful about doing anything too early, because we have been known to get the occasional snowfall in April

hotani, Chris Herman and I made it out to Denver in about 13 hours, and Chris wouldn't let me speed! :cry:
enny Payne
99 Wett/MTM Stage 2
92 Corrado SLC
86 944 Turbo Scary Fast

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 08:47:26 PM »
I'm thinking the later in the summer the better for us. We don't want to travel too soon after the delivery. We'll probably have to make a trip in May for my wife's brother's high school graduation...not that this event has to coincide with that. I think the traditional times that they've been in August is good. Whatever dates work for the majority, I'll definitely try and make it.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 08:55:12 PM »
DATR is on June 26,
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 09:03:46 PM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Kenny,

What time of year are you thinking? My wife is due with our second child end of April. I'm thinking I could make this an excuse to drive out there for her to visit her family and for me to go on the drives. Your drives rock even without a track!

congrats you slacker.  you are going to be a month behind us with kid number 2.   :P

Ok - now back to the regularly scheduled topic.

PS - I won't be able to make a drive out there - I get enough of travel to the midwest anyway.   :roll:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »
Hey Kenny, that would be great!  I keep hoping to move the GTG to some place up there or Arizona or NM or something, so that would be great.

My wife's sister and bro live in Minneapolis so I'm sure I could talk her into it and even have a place to stay.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 09:41:41 PM »
Tempted.  I'll have to see how things pan out.  I think it's likely I'd go, but it'd probably be combined with a trip back to Cedar Rapids to see the fam.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 12:28:15 AM »
Depends when it is, but I would love to go....  Have some friends up in MN area that I would like to see also!  Would just need plenty of advanced notice so that I can take off of work :)

Jonathan

Kenny Payne

• n00balicious
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 11:47:52 AM »
Cool. We seem to have enough willingness to put it together on this end. I'll probably be consulting you guys about potential dates in the near furure.
enny Payne
99 Wett/MTM Stage 2
92 Corrado SLC
86 944 Turbo Scary Fast

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 12:50:35 AM »
I would most definitley be down to go for that as long as it doesn't create too much of a problem with work