Author Topic: mod questions  (Read 1561 times)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
mod questions
« on: May 29, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »
what is the S4 vent modded liner , and what does it do?

what minor "inexpensive" mods can be done on a A4?
~anyone heard about an intercooler sprayer?
what parts are needed for this? any one have any schematics, on it if it is self made or is it a kit that is purchased?
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
mod questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »
Vent liner lets air flow into the engine bay, it should be approximate to where the stock IC sits so more airflow past it helps it to stay cooler.  Some have bought the parts and pop riveted it into place, others have used a dremel and cut a custom vent liner in their wheel well.

An IC sprayer does just that sprays or mists water into the IC to help keep it cool.

Some cosmetic modes can be cheap, if you have orange corners with your headlights DenverPat can show you how to make them clear.  IIRC it requires you to drill a small hole in each light to break out the orange stuff.

Denver Pat and some of the other A4 owners should be able to give a good idea of what you can do that is on the lesser expensive side of modding.

In most cases, other than minor visual mods it is hard to get any good mods done that are inexpensive.  We Passat owners get away with a few since we have antenna masts and can swap interior handles for sunglass holders.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

mod questions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 07:04:26 PM »

Chas

• Modded
mod questions
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 03:10:57 AM »
The S4 vent liner mod is a nice upgrade that can be done cheaply and is an effective mod. I believe in the case of applying this to an A4 it's a simple matter of swapping out the standard A4 liner for the S4 liner. Of course you'll need the left hand wheel well liner off of a S4.

As for the IC mister, well you have come to the right guy for that little topic. I know a whole lot about that one. It's not as simple as it might seem. And I have spent more time and money than I care to say messing with that little mod. I first installed my mist system on my stock Side Mount IC (the same as your A4 unit) and it was effective to so degree. The real problem with the SMIC is that it is side mounted. Basicaly buried in the fender with little in the way of air flow to and from it (see the S4 wheel well liner mod). A mist system can work and be effective on the SMIC, but it works so much better on my FMIC now!!  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

Let me know if you want to see it some time and look at what I have done to make it reliable and effective. I can tell you where to get all the right parts you'll need.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
mod questions
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 07:58:19 PM »
cool thanks are you gonna be at the 6/7 GTG at winstons house? if so i can take a looka at it then...
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!