Author Topic: swap meet  (Read 1968 times)

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
swap meet
« on: November 10, 2004, 01:10:21 PM »
come help out my school!!!

The Automotive department at Arapahoe Community College is putting on a swap meet this saturday (NOV13). It's totally free to the public. For vendors it's $10/ parking space or 3 spaces for $25. This meet is to help out our motorsports club and SkillsUSA VICA. The motorsports club has a 73 dart with a 440 that's a finished project. We're trying to raise money to get a second drag car. VICA is raising money to go to the national competition this year. Vendors arrive at 6AM and break down by 4PM. Open to the public from 8AM to 2PM. ACC is located at 5900 s. Santa Fe Drive Littleton, CO 80160. If you have any questions PM me or call the school at 303-797-5846. hope to see you there. -sarah-

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
swap meet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 01:15:37 PM »
I have a bunch of family in town, so I can't make it, but that sounds like a good time, Sarah!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

swap meet
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 01:15:37 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
swap meet
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 02:35:24 PM »
Damn, I am pretty well booked this weekend myself.   Do a portion of the proceeds (from sales) go to the school or just the vendor space?

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
swap meet
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 03:33:55 PM »
just the vendor money and the money from food we're gonna sell.  we're also gonna have a saturn with 200K that we're gonna run with no fluid at wide open throttle.  we're gonna sell raffle tickets for a buck and take guess's on how long it'll take to blow up.  it'll be a lot of fun come dwn at noon to see it.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
swap meet
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 04:39:08 PM »
Ha, that would be cool.

Freeride

• Lightly Modded
    • myspace
swap meet
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 05:59:44 PM »
I have an unused EVOMS CAI (G/J4 1.8t) that I have been trying to sell locally with no luck...  Since I don't have the 20AE anymore, I would be willing to donate it to your worthy cause if you could get me a receipt for it's current value...  Let me know...  Rich

Geesh between the MBS board, N75j and now the Evoms, I'm like Crazy Eddie...  My prices are INSANE!!!  or maybe I'm insane  :lol:

You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N...

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
swap meet
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »
unfortunalty the meet got called due to weather predictions.  it sucks i know.  plus it's not even gonna snow tommorrow because murphy's law says so.  anyways there's gonna be one in the spring.

gragravar

• Supercar
swap meet
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 05:06:03 PM »
bummer, your murphy's law call looks right.  And, I was looking forard to seeing that Saturn explode.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
swap meet
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 12:08:46 AM »
yeah so was i.  i got to drive it after i drained all the fluids it was cool.

Chas

• Modded
swap meet
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 05:39:42 AM »
Well good luck in the spring with your swap meet. The exploding Saturn is a great way to earn extra money. Have people place bets as well on which connecting rod will go through the block. Or which set of valves will drop first. There's all sorts of ways to make money from that kind of thing. People love to see a train wreck. And a Saturn with over 200K miles, no oil in the crank case and a brick on the gas pedal qualifies as a train wreck!

I remember we did this to a Datsun 510 back when I worked for a British sports car place in the mid 80's. It's called a "BrickIn!" The problem with our little experiment was that the 510 engine was a very high quality engine and was way tough. We had to force a hydro lock on the engine before we even got one set of valves to drop and the thing still kept on running. We eventually got borned after an hour had past with this car screaming above red line. Well that and we ran out of beer so we went home for the night. About two months later someone tried it again and the damn car started right up and still it wouldn't launch a connecting rod through the block.
Only the freaking British engines did that all the time.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!