Author Topic: IT'S HERE!!! Dark, dirty, but it is here finally ;)  (Read 2587 times)

Noob_Shum

• Modded
IT'S HERE!!! Dark, dirty, but it is here finally ;)
« on: December 04, 2004, 01:11:27 AM »
Left work early today and one of my friends / employees came down to Denver with me to pick up my Passat Wagon  :)   I took some pictures, but it is obviously dark out, the car dirty, but it drove nicely on the way home... I know one thing, I am sure gonna miss the power of the S4 when I drive it, other than that, so far, very good impression of the car :)

Jonathan
(loaded 3 pictures to the galleries, will take em out when I can get better ones.)

EDIT:  ASFDGHRW^TH%$&^UJW%$J$%YHET  I can't post pictures on the web, I think I am weetarded... sorry   :oops:   :evil:   :lol:

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 02:03:05 AM »
cool man, cool.

checked out the gallery, looks great for being a black car in the dark, hehe.  Can't wait to see daylight pictures.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 02:03:05 AM »

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 02:16:57 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
cool man, cool.

checked out the gallery, looks great for being a black car in the dark, hehe.  Can't wait to see daylight pictures.

Hahaha I know, sorry, just got all excited and had to take some pictures, no matter how bad they were ;)

Jonathan

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 02:45:48 AM »
Still no good pictures yet, but I just got the service records for the car (the ones that were available anyways).  And the rear rotors and pads were replaced at 25K miles to the tune of $325 ??  The car seems to drive nicely, smooth and easy to drive.  The cloth seats aren't the best (I prefer my brother's leather seats) but I guess I got it for a good price since it was bare bones :P   Wonder why the brakes went bad so soon..  Going to try and get some things fixed under warranty (middle vents won't adjust up/down, passenger side headlight has condensation in it) in a couple weeks (soonest I could get an appt that I could make).   I bought a Neuspeed rear sway bar that I will have to put on eventually, but that can wait ;)

Jonathan

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 02:46:45 AM »
Modding both cars now? Oh man...

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 02:49:39 AM »
MUCH too easy to point and click and BAM!  Something comes to your door a few days later...  I need some kinda compulsive buyers anonymous or something   :oops:

Jonathan

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 03:24:26 AM »
Hahaha, man thats crazy.  Ordered/paid online and its there a few days later?  Must be nice.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 10:44:59 AM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
MUCH too easy to point and click and BAM!  Something comes to your door a few days later...  I need some kinda compulsive buyers anonymous or something   :oops:

Jonathan

I love it. My wife has threatened to put me in counseling :roll:

BTW: I did see the car in the flesh and it's pretty and clean and nice and black and sexy :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:29:19 PM »
WoOt!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 03:30:42 PM »
Sounds Sweet.  Glad it arrived.  Is the pup happy with it?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 03:52:56 PM »
That's awesome Jonathan, and your S4 wheels will fit it too!

How much did you end up paying for this?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 06:03:45 PM »
Dog hasn't ridden in it yet, was waiting for a trunk liner to be delivered, but that may be another week+.  I think he will like it though, more room to lay down, and less slippery than the leather seats with towels on them.  After shipping, it was around $12,050.  It's pretty bare bones except for the in dash Monsoon CD player / radio but it seems to drive pretty nicely!  There are more scratches / imperfections in the paint than I expected, and I the interior has a slightly "different" smell to it (it was a smokers car, so maybe something they tried to use to hide that smell), but other than that, so far I am very happy with the car.  Probably drive it down to Alan's tomorrow night.

Jonathan

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 07:28:49 PM »
Awesome!  I'd like Jen to take a look at it since that is the car we are looking for for her and right in the price range too!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 10:56:50 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
Dog hasn't ridden in it yet, was waiting for a trunk liner to be delivered, but that may be another week+.  I think he will like it though, more room to lay down, and less slippery than the leather seats with towels on them.  After shipping, it was around $12,050.  It's pretty bare bones except for the in dash Monsoon CD player / radio but it seems to drive pretty nicely!  There are more scratches / imperfections in the paint than I expected, and I the interior has a slightly "different" smell to it (it was a smokers car, so maybe something they tried to use to hide that smell), but other than that, so far I am very happy with the car.  Probably drive it down to Alan's tomorrow night.

Jonathan

don't buy the trunk liner - go to the discovery store and pick up one of these:

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?endecaSID=100B5522D6C0&langId=-1&storeId=10000&productId=56668&catalogId=10000

waterproof, inexpensive and good at keeping wet or dirty dog feet off the back of the car.

Don't forget my bathmat mod too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 01:15:41 AM »
Estimated delivery date for those is January 31st??  Must be popular  :P

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 01:33:43 PM »
you can get them in the stores too, but that means venturing into a mall this time of year...