Author Topic: Second Creek Free Days  (Read 9263 times)

shummer

• Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »
Any non-CMC members still going? I was thinking I'd still like to take my bro-in-law out there to at least get a ride or two with somebody. If any of you non-CMC members knows a CMC member, let me know.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2004, 12:40:59 PM »
Probably pretty good.  Go sign up and post over at their forums here:

http://awesomecore.com/forum/index.php
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2004, 12:40:59 PM »

ColoradoMark

• Stock
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2004, 01:51:13 PM »
I'm trying to get my act together and go on Wednesday. I'm a member of four of the CMC clubs (PCA, ACNA, BMWCCA and SCCA).
You can join the Audi club on-line at http://www.audiclubna.org/about/join.html for $44/year, you don't need to own an Audi.
Besides being able to do the SCR week for free they also have driving schools at SCR, maybe Pueblo this year and Steamboat Springs (winter driving). It's loking like they might get the Champion Audi team back for another event  in the summer, I guess Galatti and Pobst had a great time lapping SCR.
While the people on this site are the best, I think that it's worth spending $50 a year to support an established club, if nothing else it creates a little more leverage against the mfr's. stepping off soapbox now...

bavarienmotor

• Stock
    • http://www.scrperformance.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2004, 03:26:11 PM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Any non-CMC members still going? I was thinking I'd still like to take my bro-in-law out there to at least get a ride or two with somebody. If any of you non-CMC members knows a CMC member, let me know.

Mark and I will both be up there on the 31st. Arrive @ ~10 AM and will be driving until Bob kicks us out.

- Mike
Mike Rieger
SCR Performance
970-203-1127

shummer

• Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2004, 04:04:28 PM »
Mark and Mike,

What cars will you be driving? I think I remember ColoradoMark having a Mini Cooper S w/ a cage. Can my bro-in-law catch some rides with you guys? The 31st works for us. I think next year I might sign up for the Audi Club.

Thanks.

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2004, 04:39:29 PM »
I just talked to Wendy and she said her and Scott and a couple other dubbers were out there yesterday and got to drive the track a little.  But maybe it's cause they know Bob a little better.  I'm gonna join the Audi club just to be safe, but it sounds like we might get to drive free anyway.  See ya'll out there if you go.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

bavarienmotor

• Stock
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2004, 05:26:24 PM »
Mark and Mike,

What cars will you be driving? I think I remember ColoradoMark having a Mini Cooper S w/ a cage. Can my bro-in-law catch some rides with you guys? The 31st works for us. I think next year I might sign up for the Audi Club.

Thanks.

I'll be in my 87' 325is, and Mark will have the shifter cart.

More than happy to provide rides to anyone and everyone! Just don't forget your helmets...

See you all there
Mike Rieger
SCR Performance
970-203-1127

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2004, 05:48:35 PM »
Did anyone go down today - Monday??

How was / is it?

When is the next group going?

TIA - Randy
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoMark

• Stock
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2004, 06:43:07 PM »
Mark and Mike,

Thanks.

I've started dismantling the MINI - it's for sale.
I'll be in a red 1995 Carrera.

bavarienmotor

• Stock
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2004, 10:15:11 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"
Did anyone go down today - Monday??

How was / is it?

When is the next group going?

TIA - Randy

I talked to Bob today and he said that there were 70-80 cars on Sunday and 50-60 cars today. He also said that the track conditions are great.
Mike Rieger
SCR Performance
970-203-1127

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks Mike.

Maybe I will head out there on Wednesday after people have started to head back to work.  I love a track that is not over crowded.

When is everyone else heading out?
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

velo

• Lightly Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2004, 11:38:16 PM »
I stopped by SCR for a little while this afternoon, it wasn't very crowded at all.  I had registered on the Audi club website before heading out, but they weren't checking membership much when I signed in.  They just asked me which club I was with and took down my name.  I'm planning on going out again on Friday.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

KevB

• Lightly Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2004, 11:53:28 PM »
I also plan on going out on Friday.  According to the weatherman it should be around 40 and clear skies, but it's only Monday right now.
For those who have never gone it's an absolute blast, even if you're not the fasteat thing out there it's fun to push your car and yourself.

Kevin
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

shummer

• Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 01:03:17 AM »
I'm planning on Friday then. I'll try and get my summer tires on just in case I can drive. I'll look for Mike, Mark and the other Mark.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2004, 02:11:30 AM »
if all goes well, I might stop out there on Friday as well to say hello to everyone.  not sure if I am gonna drive, but I might.  I will be in my MINI.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2004, 02:37:17 AM »
I may pop by and say "hi" on Friday. Not gonna drive, but I'll watch.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Vanimaniac

• Stock
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2004, 02:47:27 AM »
I went last year during the "free" week. I didn't have to prove any membership. Just went inside and signed up. I'm an SCCA member though. Just got K04'd last week but I'm not going. Just saying you could probably get away with no club affiliation.

Van
here are three kinds of people, those that can count and those that can't.

gragravar

• Supercar
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2004, 03:01:06 AM »
I am going to try to get free to go either thursday or friday to go drive and or watch.  depends on how the 1,000 mile drive home goes tomorrow.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2004, 10:13:49 AM »
Quote from: "Vanimaniac"
I went last year during the "free" week. I didn't have to prove any membership. Just went inside and signed up. I'm an SCCA member though. Just got K04'd last week but I'm not going. Just saying you could probably get away with no club affiliation.

Van

glad you figured out the turbo issue, good to know you are running again.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2004, 11:10:05 AM »
I thought I'd be there, but it's looking like I'm not coming home until Sunday.  Still up in the air.
Van, I'm looking forward to talking to you about the whole turbo thing and the route you went.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2004, 12:35:08 PM »
Car running now Pat?  What was wrong?  Drive safely!

Jonathan

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2004, 12:54:06 PM »
Yeah, the car's running great.  I just took out the plugs and cleaned them.  I noticed there wasn't much of a spark, so I decarbonized them and that's all it took.  I think they got all nasty when my car was warming up in -5 degree temps for a minute then died.  It didn't get hot enough to burn off the initial carbon deposits, so when it died after idling for only two minutes I figured that was the problem.  Well, that and some help from the AW archives.  Running strong now though!
I think I'll probably be back on the 2nd.
Go Hawks!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2004, 05:45:19 PM »
I was out there yesterday for a bit in the late PM.  Lots of bikes and some cars.  The track is in good shape and the atmosphere is fun as always.

So who is going on Friday?  I have friends in from out of town and I might get the car ready and turn a few laps with them for fun.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

velo

• Lightly Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2004, 05:49:05 PM »
I should be there on Friday.  My girlfriend is coming and probably her folks will stop by too.  Her step-dad has a 2003 Passat and he's thinking about getting it chipped.  (the addiction is contagious)  :-)
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2004, 06:17:13 PM »
If the weather holds, I may slap the summers on and show up on Friday as well. I don't have any affiliations with the other clubs but maybe I'll join the Audi one since a $44 dollar track day is still a kickin' deal.

They're cool with non-audi drivers joining, right?
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

velo

• Lightly Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2004, 06:51:43 PM »
I joined the Audi club.  Don't need an Audi to join (but if you own an Audi you can sign up an additional family member).  You probably would be able to drive even if you don't join (you could just say you're a member), but I joined anyway.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2004, 06:53:19 PM »
I too joined Audi Club, same thoughts as Andrew - $44 track day is a deal!!
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2004, 07:05:18 PM »
Quote from: "velo"
I joined the Audi club.  Don't need an Audi to join (but if you own an Audi you can sign up an additional family member).  You probably would be able to drive even if you don't join (you could just say you're a member), but I joined anyway.

*shrug* $44 dollars is worth it not to lie :)

You're looking at a proud member of the Audi Club North America... now they just need to get that damn RS3 over here so I will actually own an Audi. ;)

We'll see you guys on Friday!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2004, 07:23:20 PM »
Quote from: "34k"
now they just need to get that damn RS3 over here so I will actually own an Audi. ;)

Werd!! 8)
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Second Creek Free Days
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2004, 07:42:52 PM »
I went today, wednesday, they did not check membership what so ever.  I did not drive, not feeling all that well, but did ride along in Mark's new P-car.  That was a fun couple of laps.

Won't be there Friday, so have fun guys.