Author Topic: Front Tie Bar ie: chasbar...what exactly does it do?  (Read 1541 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Front Tie Bar ie: chasbar...what exactly does it do?
« on: June 12, 2003, 01:48:18 AM »
Is this the front end equivalent of the RSB. I know that my car did not feel the same as Denver Pat's (I know his is smaller) or Boris's Car (username?)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 04:56:01 AM »
it ties the lower aspects of the frame together...much like a strut tower brace does.  This helps to minimize frame flexing during cornering and bumps.  Chas should be able to give more info on it...he is the technical one.

When I had it on my B5.5 with really wide tires, the car really turned much harder into corners...able to handle much better.  I found much less "under steer" once it was put on.  I had the same spring and OEM damper set up you have, so you should see a difference.  I could hear my tires "biting" much better once it was installed.  With a full load of RMCB5'ers, 5 of us total, I was able to take a wicked fast corner near Winston's house and the car went exactly where I wanted it to go...

For the cost and ease of instillation, well worth it. 8)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 04:56:01 AM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 02:31:47 PM »
Jon, I forgot that you were running stock shocks on your B5.5!  That thing handled awesome!  Of course, the BBS CH wheels and Sumi tires didn't hurt, but that was impressive!

I would have to say that the ChasBar is a definite must have...

It ties together a very sloppy part of the suspension in B5's and B5.5's.  Under the engine bay, the transmission leaves a big gap and the whole underside of the car is left to wobble around like a chicken wishbone.  When you close the loop, it smooths out shifting and really tightens the car up.  Chas is a true pioneer!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 06:13:04 PM »
Thanks dudes! What they said is right, spot on.  :lol:  :lol:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!